Surgery Expert Forum
Facial twitch after surgery

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Facial twitch after surgery

I actually have two questions.
The first is rather strange, I had umbilical hernia repair surgery 3 weeks ago. Ever since my surgery I have had a weird twitching at the corner of my mouth. Normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but I have never had such a persistent facial twitch in my life. It twitches several times a hour. In fact I think it may be getting worse instead of better. Could it be a weird side effect of the anesthesia or the tube that was put in my throat during surgery? Any ideas?
Secondly, I noticed what looked like a brown discharge in my naval after the surgery.   I thought it was dried blood, but it doesn't appear to be that, the brown discharge has now dried up and looks like a thick scab in my naval, is that normal?
Thank you very much in advance for your answer:)
cannot help re twitch
drainage from wound however is normal