Surgery Expert Forum
Gallbladder Surgery Leads to Complication

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Hi, I had gallbladder surgery on October 29, 2009. I was in and out of the hospitals prior to that, and they found that my gallbladder was infected, and they said that it needed to come out. I had the surgery, everything seemed fine. I went home and thought that the pain was just from the surgery. It is now March 2, 2010 and the pain is not going away,. I have had many tests done within these months such as a endoscopy, colonoscopy, small bowel series and a GI emptying study, and bloodwork. They said everything came back normal. (I went to the hospital to get the results of the GI study, and it said that it was accelerated, I have yet to ask about that). I recently had x-rays taken from the chiropractor and saw something with the same density of metal. (such as a zipper etc). I am wondering if this could be a surgical clip or an instrument (i know it sounds crazy) but i have had SEVERE pain for months now, and no one can seem to give me an answer. I also have discoloration in my legs that look like they are black and blue and have white spots. I have also been having pain in my chest, and have felt very weak. Could you please give me some advice. I would really appreciate it.
Agree w Dr T
Clips will not give such pain
Dear Inpain
Those shadows must be clips, They are absolutely harmless and they dont cause pain. Accelertaed GI series just means transit tiem is more, It may cause frequent stool but surely not the kind of pain you are having. I think you have some other; extra-abdominal pathology (?). However bluish discoloration of logs and chst pain can be due to old deep vein thrombosis.  
Good luck
Dr Tewari (India)