General Surgeon or Gastroenterologist?
Do general surgeons handle some of the same issues a gastroenterologist would?  My primary care doctor actually referred me to a general surgeon for the stomach issues I was experiencing in November.  He first thought that I may have had an ulcer or gastritis and wanted to send me to him for an upper endoscopy.  Ended up not going to him for that but to have my gallbladder removed because I had a gallstone.  I'm still having many different symptoms and wonder if I should be going to a gastroenterologist or is it something that a general surgeon could also handle?  Current symptoms include: abdominal tenderness, burping, and hiccups on a daily basis.  Also having bouts of slight chest discomfort and back aches.
Since the gallbladder surgery didnt cure u would suggest consult with gastroenterologist
He/she can work up these symptoms the best
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.