Surgery Expert Forum
I know this is bad but i need to know

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

I know this is bad but i need to know
as bad and embarrassing as this is to ask i need to know if it is dangerous to smoke heroin before having surgery for the record i am on the waiting list for a treatment program so if you feel the need to make me feel more ashamed than i already do for allowing myself to get this way please do not respond i just need to know
Can interfere w narcotic pain killers used after surgery
Stop it now!
I do not have medical background by any means, but I would like to tell you that it is a very bad idea to smoke heroin/use drugs before surgery, I have just recently had gallbladder surgery, and after that I needed an endoscopy and they went threw a series of questions. (I asked why they needed to know about drug use etc., just out of curiosity) they explained that some drugs can cause MAJOR complications.

If you do use heroin, I would make the doctors VERY aware that you have used, and do not hesitate to tell them how recent you use was

PS. Good Luck with treatment :)