Surgery Expert Forum
I know this is bad but i need to know
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I know this is bad but i need to know

as bad and embarrassing as this is to ask i need to know if it is dangerous to smoke heroin before having surgery for the record i am on the waiting list for a treatment program so if you feel the need to make me feel more ashamed than i already do for allowing myself to get this way please do not respond i just need to know
Related Discussions
1140722_tn?1266356279
Can interfere w narcotic pain killers used after surgery
Stop it now!
2 Comments
Blank
I do not have medical background by any means, but I would like to tell you that it is a very bad idea to smoke heroin/use drugs before surgery, I have just recently had gallbladder surgery, and after that I needed an endoscopy and they went threw a series of questions. (I asked why they needed to know about drug use etc., just out of curiosity) they explained that some drugs can cause MAJOR complications.

If you do use heroin, I would make the doctors VERY aware that you have used, and do not hesitate to tell them how recent you use was

PS. Good Luck with treatment :)
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank