Surgery Expert Forum
Incision pain after Laparoscopy

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Incision pain after Laparoscopy

I had a laparoscopy procedure 8 weeks ago for mild Endometriosis. Before my procedure I was in terrible pain from the Endo and I had to stay home for 2 months. My surgery went well, however the incision sites, especially the ones on the left and right still hurt. I rested the first 3 weeks and on the fourth week I tried walking 20-25 minutes each day and did very light chores around the house, like dishes. By the end of the 4th week I felt the pain like it was the 1st week so i stopped walking and rested for another 3 weeks. I am now walking again, 10 minutes 2-3 times a day as suggested by my GYN. My incision sites still hurt though, especially in the morning until mid afternoon and then the pain subsides a bit. I thought I would be ok to go back to work after 3-4 weeks but I am still home. I had a CT scan and it's normal and I have no infection. How long does it take for the pain to go away and what should I do to make it better? Should I keep moving around? I was supposed to graduate this semester and I couldn't due to the surgery so I am trying everything I can to heal so at least I can resume classes in the summer session. I am currently taking Women's One a day vitamins, Seed Oil supplements, and I've been using castor oil packs at night for 5 days now.
would suggest a CT to evaluate cause of pain
i had a CT scan 4 weeks ago with similar pain and everything came back normal. My GYN doctor told me that some people are sensitive and everyone heals different and that it will take up to 6 months to fully recover. I just thought at 28 I would bounce back sooner...
i took your advice and went to the ER yesterday because i had a lot of pain. lab work showed i had a UTI. thanks for the advice.