Surgery Expert Forum
Itching around & inside of anal sphinter

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

I am having this problem for last one year. I had an anal fissure 5 years back which bleed just once, due to constipation. and it was  recovered by alteration in diet plan and using nitroglycerine cream on the sphinter. I remained well later on but now for last one year I have a problem that i experience severe itching around the area just inside of my anal sphinter. The desire to itch is so strong that I cannot control my self and i rub the area , which again lead to further inflammation and i am struck in a viscious circle.

Now I am having that fissure problem again, as I can fee two tended points in my sphinter. Now I am avoiding constipation and using lubricants & hot baths, but the problem is still there. Can some one guide me in this regard , as what to do and how to manage this problem.
see a proctologist - if the fissure fails medical treatment it might need a minor surgical procedure