Surgery Expert Forum
Lipoma/Cyst whatever it is?!?!?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Lipoma/Cyst whatever it is?!?!?

I have a question. I've had this lump on my inner right thigh, for the past almost 5years. I was told, that it was not a cyst and referred to general surgery. Now, I went to see the g.s. and she ordered a ultrasound of the "palpable abnormality". Went back to the G.S. office earlier today, and was told that the result was that no fluid was found, and that there is bloodflow to and from the abnormality, so it isn't indicative of a cyst, and also said it was not a lymph node or a lipoma. The Dr. said she was going to take a biopsy. Well, during the procedure for the biopsy, once it was cut open, it started to drain quite a bit of fluid, and went down in size about 10% at the moment. Which now makes me believe, that it must be a cyst. So why would I now need the biopsy to be sent to a lab, and still need to schedule surgery to have it removed? Can cysts be cancerous? or could something else be in there that would have fluid, that isnt a lipoma or lymph node? Also, now, 8 hours later the lump is as big as it was when the biopsy was done, so the decrease in size was only temporary. The results should be back in about 8-10 days, and I know I should just wait. But i'm very anxious by nature, and also very curious, and extremely confused!! And, I always feel sick, and nauses and lightheaded and alot of headaches, could there be a correlation between the two? Im just a nervous wreck, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm also having pain that is shooting down my right leg behind my knee since the biopsy....
Most likely benign
Liposarcoma (cancerous) very unlikely but biopsy advisable
Should be removed
All other symptoms probably anxiety induced