Surgery Expert Forum
Umbilical Hernia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Umbilical Hernia

I had surgery for a minor umbilical hernia back on December 18th, 2009 caused by what I think was a persistent cough  and everything went smoothly without complications. Lately i've been coughing alot again and yesterday I used my fingers to push and feel around the area bear my umbilicus and felt tenderness.So i'm not sure of:

1)If i'm pushing down too hard which is causing the sensation of tenderness or if it's just tender and 2)if the tenderness is common to still feel ~8 months after my surgery.I feel a slight tingly feeling when I put some pressure with my fingers directly on top of where the scar was (the incision).I don't feel any pain when I go to sit down or when I get up, or when I do abdominal exercises like sit-ups, curls,etc.

And I've been taking Q-Tussin Cough Suppressant/Expectorant and it hasn't been working for the cough.They've been mostly dry.