Umbilical Hernia
I had surgery for a minor umbilical hernia back on December 18th, 2009 caused by what I think was a persistent cough  and everything went smoothly without complications. Lately i've been coughing alot again and yesterday I used my fingers to push and feel around the area bear my umbilicus and felt tenderness.So i'm not sure of:

1)If i'm pushing down too hard which is causing the sensation of tenderness or if it's just tender and 2)if the tenderness is common to still feel ~8 months after my surgery.I feel a slight tingly feeling when I put some pressure with my fingers directly on top of where the scar was (the incision).I don't feel any pain when I go to sit down or when I get up, or when I do abdominal exercises like sit-ups, curls,etc.

And I've been taking Q-Tussin Cough Suppressant/Expectorant and it hasn't been working for the cough.They've been mostly dry.

the scar can take 12 months to settle down
wouldn't worry