Surgery Expert Forum
born with gastroscesis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

born with gastroscesis

I was born with gastroscesis 27 years ago and transferred to St Christopher's Hospital in Phila.  Dr.Weintraub was my surgeon (you might know him) anyway... I had reconstructive surgery when I was 12, but when they cut off the scar it was the only thing holding me together.  They had to put a mesh patch in because they couldn't pull the muscle close enough together.  My stomach, where the scar is, is very indented.  I was wondering if this is normal, or if it's from the mesh or what might cause this and what I can do about it.  It makes me very uncomfortable and (was said to) cause me to go into premature labor with my daughter. I'm just looking for any input.  I tried to reach Dr. Weintraub but, he is unfortunately retired.  Thank you for any information your can give me.  Nicole