Surgery Expert Forum
burning pain in abdomen after biopsy of right rectus muscle

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

I had several CT scans and MRI done of a mass found in my right rectus muscle.  I have had two children in the past 3 1/2 yrs. before that a laproscopic surgery to remove endometriosis on tubes and before that gastric bypass.  I ended up having a biopsy of the right rectus muscle where this mass was.  They had to enter on the left and go in on an angle to retrieve biopsy.  I was told it was desmoid fibromatosis.  When leaving they just said to rest for 24 hrs. O-k did that and was taking pain medicine.  I was not told not to lift anything.  Well I have a 2 yr old and 3 yr old and am a stay at home mom.  I'm on week 3 as of today since the biopsy.  Am now on just tylenol and motrin alternating every 3 hrs so 6 hours between each same medication. Well I have a burning sensation rated about a 5 on a 0-10. Before the biopsy it was about a 2 constantly.  Called the Dr. and they said they may want to do a CT to check for internal bleeding.  They did not get back to me today if that was the COA.  Anyways, I'm concerned because when I cough, pass gas or have a BM it hurts more.  The burning is constant and starts from the illiac bone area to almost mid center of abdomen.  I know the appendix is in that general area.  Is it possible that either the fibromatosis has attached to the appenix or possibly they nicked it when doing the biopsy?  I don't know exactly how large the tumor is.  Through the skin it feels about an egg size.  Should I be concerned about a possible appendix issue?  When should I go to emergency if needed?  How would I explain to emergency technicians about the mass.  Even my doctors don't want to open me up until they do a colonoscopy.  I'm quite nervous as I have two toddlers that need their mommy.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.  
Thank You  
Heidi
would suggest repeat CT