Surgery Expert Forum
chest hernia

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

chest hernia
I have a hernia that is pressing on my chest, i was wondering if this is what is causing me to have alot of chest pain
Is this a hiatal hernia?
If so it can cause chest pain
A barium swallow x ray will help to make the diagnosis
Good luck
Can you provide some more informtaion? Is it a hiatus hernia/ traumatic diaphragmatic/ Congenital hernia? How you came to know about DIPHRAGMATIC HERNIA/ (because it is not a clinical diagnosis we need investigations to confirm). What all investigations (Ba meal/ CT scan/ X ray etc) are done.
A diagphragmatic herniea can present with: Breathlessness/ pain/ bowel symptoms like bloating of abdomen, constipation/ burning sensation in chest (heart burns) etc.
Best wishes
Dr Tewari