Surgery Expert Forum
hepatobiliary ultrasound
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hepatobiliary ultrasound

the liver is normal in size but shows mild increased parenchymal echogeniity.no focallesion seen.intrahepatic and common bile ducts are not dilated.CBD measures 0.4cm.portal venous system is unremarkable.
the gallbladder measures 4.4 x 1.6cm it's wall is not thickened.multiple echogenic structure are noted attached to the wall,the largest measuring 0.6cm.  
         cholesterol........209
IMPRESSION:
NORMAL SIZED LIVER WITH MILD FATTY INFILTRATION
NORMAL SIZED GALLBLADDER WITH CHOLESTEROLOSIS OR MUSOCAL POLYPS
   ...what does it mean? i need urgent answer..thank you in advance.