Surgery Expert Forum
internal hernia

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

internal hernia
What is an internal hernia? I have had sever pain an inch or so above my naval and several inches towards the right for 5 months.Pain travels through my ribs all the way around my back. I can't take it any more. Had rotten gallbladder out on 1/27/10 but that did'nt help a bit. ER visit in DEC . CAT scan report mentioned swelling and possible blockage but UGI showed no blockage. It sure feels like it. I can even feel when it releases because pain stops and bowel sounds like a drain was just unclogged. Surgen is now asking me what I think it is. HELP!
Internal hernia is a twist of the bowel around a fixed point e.g. a band of scar tissue
Can be diagnosed with CT or barium x-ray
Your pain could just be adhesions without obstruction