Surgery Expert Forum
need to know when scar on lip from stitches will go

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

I had a serious bike accident some tym ago and my upper lip was stitched, this was around august last year.
My lips have improved greatly since then but it seemed to reach a halt when the hardness and scar it had created refused to go for almost 6 months now. I believe i have been very patient and would please need some help as to how I can get rid of this and when its most likely to go.
Thank you.
scars take 9-12 months to achieve their final appearance
a plastic surgeon would be the best doctor to take a look at your lip
good luck
I recently apply a certain local mixture to the area and it has helped to an extent. The doctors i meet over here tell me that it will probably go later later on, none are sure when, Please can u direct me to  any plastic surgeon on this website and also if theres any advice u would like to give me, please do.
Thank you
Please I am waiting for your reply
i had got attacked really bad by a dog and i had my upper lip split completely in half along with my cheek gone, alomost blind and deaf due to the teeth marks..... but after my surgery the surgeron told me that i needed to "rub" my scars... me or my sister or mom would sit there and make little circle motions over the scars....and WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE!.....they used to be huge scars with alot of scar tissue in there that had built up and now they are barely noticeable....try and stay out of sun or put on sun screen on you lip everytime you go out... with greatly improve the way it looks... when you get burnt you scar with turn pink and you do not want that ....there are also alot of products you can buy to place over the scar to improve it ....
thanks a lot for your help, what products can i buy and how long did it take for your scar to be as it is now.