painful staple removal.................
i had total knee replacement surgery on january 12th and had the staples removed on the 25th. that was the most painful ordeal i have ever experienced. others i've spoken to said their knees seemed numb and they barely felt a thing. my incision was like a live oopen wound and ever snip and tug was excruciating. my dr. ignored my cries and i believe it was because this is an unusdual happening. has anyone out there had a similar experience and have gotten a medical explanation. i have lost all confidence in my surgeon...................  
It is very unfortunate..Staple removal is usually a painless procedure or causes minimal pain. But in few cases the area of surgery/ scar develops "hyperesthesia" (becomes very seneitive to touch/ pain etc. even a blow of air will cause pain..if you ask any person with herpes pain he will tell you about it).
I think he could have given you some local anaesthetic before staples removal.
Hope your troubles are over now
Best wishes
Dr Tewari (India)