Surgery Expert Forum
paraumbilical hernia and badminton

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

paraumbilical hernia and badminton
Hello sir,
I had a small paraumbalical hernia and had a surgery to correct it 7 months back. but from last 4 months another hernia appeared above my umbilicus. but his time it is nearly 1inch of diameter. but it is not causing any pain. i have started playing badminton from last 8 days, but i dont know if it is ok to play badminton when u have hernia. will it make my case worse? pls guide me.
it may make it worse by putting strain on yr abdominal cavity
Thanks a lot for ur help. I stopped playing badminton and  started some Yoga exercises by consulting a Yoga teacher here.