Surgery Expert Forum
pilonidal cyst surgery?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pilonidal cyst surgery?

i have this pilonidal cyst on the cleft of my buttcheeks , right at the top on my butt crack... i went to the doctor and he said he couldnt do anything until it wasnt swollen...gave me anitbiotics and said it shouldnt come back....well here it is a month later and its back..... PAINFUL!... cant sit...can barely bend over... i was taking 6-7 HOT HOT baths a day, it has finally drained. i have dr appt at 3 on monday with a different general surgeon and he is most likely going to say to remove it.

does this take long?going to be painful? and after what do i have to do? had anyone done this b4?...

its already humiliating because of it location, and i have read stories of how they taped someone butt cheeks apart so they can do the removal....other had to sit on theirs knees with bum in the air and they did it that way....im scared and sooo nervous about this....
Related Discussions
1140722_tn?1266356279
this is a 30 minute procedure
wound may be left open if infected
can be quite painful due to location
recovery time can be several weeks - again depends on whether the wound can be closed or not
good luck
4 Comments
Blank
784382_tn?1376934640
ouch !...thanks!.... i have been on anti biotics for it.... should i still get surgery?...or see if it comes back and then go for it?..... the chances of it coming back now without the surgery are high correct?
Blank
784382_tn?1376934640
well i can feel it coming back already.... it hasnt fully came back but when i sit down, i feel the unusual sensation (kinda like a pimple, you can feel it b4 you see it)....thats what happened the past 2 times it came...

uggggg great!
Blank
1217648_tn?1266555743
Only curative procedure for pilonidal sinus is "SURGERY". Antibiotics are just prolonging your problem. Dont delay it for long because pilonidal sinus forms new tracks under the skin making the surgery more extensive and increasing the recurrent rate.
This surgery takes about 30-45 mins but recovery can take few weeks (especially if a open procedure is done, means wound is not closed and it heals with regular dressing). Applying suture will hasten your recovery but will increase the recurrence rate
Best wishes
Dr Tewari
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...