post surgery concerns
In May of '09 I had surgery to drain a cyst on my pancreas. After five months of recovery and actually starting to feel well I developed what I was told was a post-surgery hernia. Of course this developed exactly where my incision is from previous mentioned surgery. I then had surgery to repair the hernia using a mesh graft method. This was on the 28th of December. I returned to doctor a week later for follow up and was concerned I did something to re-injure hernia because of swelling. I was told this was fluid build up and is normal. My question is when does this fluid go away ? Its now going on four weeks and still am quite sore and have this fluid build up. Plus when I eat it only adds to the  discomfort. I have another follow up coming up or wonder if I should try and see doctor sooner. Tired of being miserable.
you probably have a postop wound seroma - common after mesh hernia repair
It may go away on its own over the next few weeks
It may also need to be drained with a needle - a minor out patient procedure
Still too early to say I think
Good luck