Surgery Expert Forum
rupture appendix's

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

rupture appendix's

my doctor first tried to do laser surgery to remove my appendixs ..he failed at that and cut me open , as soon as he did my appendixs ruptured and infection spread .staff infection , but another doctor that took over in  his place because he went on vacation said my wound was suppose to be left open ... but the first doctor stapled it up .... I nearly died ..they had to do major lung surgery and I had tubes everywhere sticking out of me .. do you think that they should of left the wound open and if they did do you think that the infection wouldn't of spread so fast ?
Tags: appendix
  • Ruptured Appendix (2 replies):
    My Appendix ruptured & caused a major infection in all m...[more]
  • Wound Hardening (1 replies):
    Not completely burn relevant but wound relevant- after g...[more]
  • Plz help (4 replies):
    So a few days ago I had went back to the hospital from a...[more]
  • wound healing (2 replies):
    i had surgery about 2 years ago my stomach was left open...[more]
  • Leg Cut. (4 replies):
    One of the workers that applied first-aid for suffered a...[more]
it sounds like the infection spread from the belly to the rest of the body and NOT from the wound
leaving the wound open would not have reduced the likelihood of you getting so sick