Surgery Expert Forum
"strangled" above belly button

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

"strangled" above belly button
hello,
for a few months now i have these symptoms whenever i sit for a while: about an inch above my belly button i feel like "strangled", like something pushing in and the more i get that the more i get pale on my face.
symptoms end after 30 minutes when i lay down flat on my back.
what could it be please?
plus (but this is something else) i had bowel x-rays and i can tell my colon is very high up to the diaphragm. i mean the decsending colon goes up to the diaphragm then down again instead of just descending. i think that causes me some arrhytmias because i really feel like my heart is squashed sometimes.
p.s. i have severe gastritis and i'm on esomeprazole (nexium) 40mg/day
parossistic atrial fibrillation episodes especially after abundant meals or pizza.
stomach x-ray all ok, no hernia, no reflux.
please help me

the belly button pain could be a hernia
a CT scan would help make that diagnosis
other useful tests could include a small bowel barium x ray
the high riding colon should not be the cause of any chest or belly complaints
hello,
as i said the pain (if the word pain is correct) is not at the belly button, but it's ABOVE it, about an inch or more, on an area that measures 4 inches width and 2 inches height.
why do you suggest a small bowel x-ray?
thanks