Surgery Expert Forum
swelling chest

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

swelling chest

I have a problem in my chest.my right side of chest was swelling from 2 years.fist it starts like a small coin after some weeks its increased size.now its stopped but i dont know what is the problem.it doesnt causing any pain to me.
but its looking ugly.  Please help me ??
WHAT CAN I DO NOW???
sounds like a benign fatty lump called a lipoma
check it with your GP/PCP - he might want a surgeon to see it
a lipoma often needs no treatment
Dear Boya.
If it is a superficial swelling (arising from skin or just deep to skin), then most probably it a fat lump (lipoma) or a cyst (sebaceous/ dermoid). If it is there for years not showing any sign or rapid progession in size (slow increase in size is usually not problamatic), then it must be a benign swelling (non cancerous).
If it is deeper in location or in the armpit (? lymph node) then consult a doctor or get the FNAC done to confirm the diagnosis.
Local examination will be very helpful even a fotograph of the swelling can be of some help.
Best wishes
Dr Tewari (India)