Swine Flu Community
H1N1 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION (pregnancy, etc)

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

PLEASE LISTEN and READ THE FOLLOWING. LONG VIDEO BUT WORTH IT

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/03/What-We-Have-Learned-About-the-Great-Swine-Flu-Pandemic.aspx
I follow Dr. Mercola's articles and presentations and feel he shares very valuable information that should be taken seriously.  It's nice to know there's Dr.'s like him sharing this information with all of us.
I cant get the article.  

That being said, I hope it is something that informs people of the benefits of getting the H1N1 vaccine and that of the than 10 million people that have received it to date, NO ONE has experienced any serious side-effects.  Certainly something that is worth advocating.
I agree with spade22.  There will always be pros/cons when it comes to something paramount as vaccine safety.  But there will always be those that have conspiracy theories in their foresight.  Personally, it's a no brainer for me, I would rather be protected, than take the risk of getting sick or potentially even dying,  These virus' are nothing to fool around with, I want my family protected. That said, everyone needs to make their own personal decision based on what they believe is safe.
Before giving out personal theories and opinions about what YOU think is right regardless of the actual FACTS...watch the video from an actual EXPERT who knows what he is talking about and who has written many literatures and first had has worked with the vaccines and knows what is actually in them and the short and long term effects it will have on children and adults. I feel sorry for the children who have no VOICE in what gets put in their system.. reminds me of jonestown.

Cope and PASTE the link into internet exporer for those who have no idea how to go about watching it
This is a very hot subject and there are very strong opinions out there and alot of us get hot headed  due to what they believe is the right thing to do and actually caring. It really breaks my heart when babies and children have chemicals injected into them and they have no choice in the matter or a voice to speak out. The long term effects are what is of  major concern. This is not a Pendemic according to experts, if that were the case everyone one would be dying from the swine flu, all pregnant women and kids would be dying from it. More people die from the seasonal flu then they have over this so called Pendemic. So much fear is being spread and to get the vaccine it's like a circus...it's ridiculous.
Yikes! m3lanie, you are obviously very passionate about this. I don't think the +35 Pregnancy forum is the best place to debate the swine flu dilema.  You may want to start your own "Swine Flu forum" to express your thoughts further.  Thanks!  
Long term effects, where's the proof?  Poor kids having no choice, do you think mothers intentionally want to hurt their kids? You're right Pam, this needs to go to the Debate one.
MH has a forum dedicated to discussion on topics related to the Swine Flu.

Here is a fact:  no one out of over 10 million people that have received the swine flu vaccine have had a serious reaction to it.

Also, I am curious as to what you mean by more people have died from the regular flu than the swine flu.  What time frame are you referring too?  Are you comparing the number of people that died from the seasonal flu last year with deaths from swine flu this year?  That statement is very broad and doesnt mean much in that context.

In any case, one of the  major concerns with the swine flu is it has killed healthy people, in atypical populations, OUTSIDE of the regular flu season.  The impact that this virus could have on large populations during "flu season" (when the flu virus tends to thrive) is what makes this entity so worrisome and why the CDC has established guidelines regarding this.
It is constantly being stated where ever i read up on this so called false pendemic and articles i've read and hearing it from EXPERTS and the link I pasted above. That's where my FACTS are coming from, not from some average joe blow that thinks she/he knows what they're talking about. Doctors only know what they are told.. they are not experts or have the right or place to tell someone they need the shot when they dont know what is really in it and the long term effects. If you watch the video feed you will get all the facts from it. If you want to debate with the experts on this subject who know way more than the regular doctor and someone like you who goes by opinions of his or her own..then go ahead but be prepared to be squashed like a fly on this debate. I would rather go by what the EXPERTS who have written literature and done studies on vaccines say. Common sense told me way before I ever read about vaccines and alike that those chemicals are not for human consumptions unless you want problems later in life and wonder why all of a sudden you got cancer, or some other medical condition.

Pamela, i'm done. Wasnt aware there were limitations on what can be discussed on this side of the forum since I started this because of pregnancy but im done now, needed to finish this off. -the end-
To Everyone,

I applaud m3lanie for sharing valuable information with us.  Watch the information or don't watch it, it's your choice and then make the final decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.  
Well- I did finally get it to load. I didnt really read it all. I agree those who smoke are at a great risk. I have had the vaccine- and am now lucky enough to have H1N1. (Given to me by the teen in the house- who also passed it to his dad and we believe his gma.) I have been sick now for 7 days. Everybody makes decisions that are best for themselves.

I CAN Say- and I told the reporter from the newspaper- that my "fill in" OB I saw the other day was forced to get the VACCINE- and she is pregnant- and I don't agree with that. My DP does- except when I said what if my work/your work forced us to get it as a PG woman- not right!
We have to be careful what we take as fact and what we take as speculation.  Anyone can post anything on the internet.  I agree, this doesn't belong in this forum.  I am very very glad I got this vaccine, and yes, at this stage of his life I do make the decisions for this baby.  And my decision was to protect him and myself.  M3lanie, it's fine to voice your opinion.  It is not ok to be insulting to those who disagree with you.  There is no evidence of anyone dying or getting very sick from this vaccine, that is a fact.  There is evidence of it affecting pregnant women and children particularly hard and otherwise healthy people dying of it.  You are in Alberta like me...we had 4 deaths today alone.  Choose not to take this vaccine, that is your right and I fully respect it, but respect those of us who chose the opposite.
there r several pregnant woman on vents at r facility, i am glad i recieved my vaccine with no sideeffects.. i was unable to click on link above
Figured I would add this link: https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/index

It is a database of REPORTED reaction to different vaccines- including H1N1. You can search by state, reaction, vaccine- etc.

In my State- there is about 15 reported.

HTHS someone...
To each it's own.  I chose not to get the shot.  I live in the NYC area where it's heavy, but
i will protect myself and this baby in a natural way and with hand sanitizer.