Swine Flu Community
Has anyone gotten the swine flu vaccine??

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

I am very worried about getting the swine flu vaccine. I've heard both positive and negative things about the vaccine and am at a lost of what to do. I am 33 weeks pregnant and I don't know what negative side effects the vaccine can have on me and my son with it being a new vaccine and all. But I don't want to risk the chance of getting the swine flu either! I know the vaccine just became available in my state yesterday, but I was wondering if anyone has decided to get it yet or if they plan on getting it and why or why not??
My sister-in-law got it on Monday and her husband (my brother) and her two young children are getting it soon. She got it so soon because she makes the vaccines at Sanofi. She's just fine though!

I'm
I'm getting it as soon as I can, especially since it is going to be free at many places!
I just got my regular flu shot and i'm getting the swine flu shot as soon as my OB's office gets it. My primary care physician doesn't offer it for some reason.
My personal opinion is that, unless your immunity is compromised, getting swine flu is going to be less dire for you (and unborn baby) than the vaccine. NO ONE knows how this vaccine is going to go. I would rather not risk it. Also, look at the stats- compare how many people have died from H1N1 with how many people die from the seasonal flu yearly.

So I do not plan on getting the vaccine whatsoever. Just because a doctor tells you to jump on the hysterical bandwagon doesn't mean you have to do it or that the flu is as bad as the media has made it out to be. I've talked to many doctors and nurses, read many articles (including some by chemists) and the consensus is that the vaccine could be more dangerous than getting the actual flu. I've heard more doctors say, "Do NOT get it" than doctors who are encouraging women to get it.

Until you know more facts I wouldn't risk it.
I live in TX., I am almost 9 weeks pregnant and two of our neighboring towns have been closed for flu/swine flu illnesses. Just the other day I was in one of my classes and a girl came in having been diagnosed with swine flu and had been fever free for only 1 day. I plan on getting my swine flu and seasonal shot ASAP! My daughters are also going to get it as soon as it becomes available, which I dont know if that will happen or not, the clinic we normally go to doesnt plan on ordering them, and our pediatric office doesnt know if they will either. Regardless we will all be getting our seasonal flu shots on the 12th when they arrive. Do lots of research, ask many professionals, not just doctors, ask nurses, pharmacists, etc. not just for their opinion but their understanding of the shot and the effects of swine flu. good luck!
We have decided not to get the swine flu shot, we do not get the seasonal flu shot either as neither of us normally get the flu. I am 18wks pregnant and talked to my doctor about it. She said if you do not normally get the regular flu shot then shouldnt jump on board with the swine flu vaccine as the seasonal flu has killed way more than the swine flu has. Also, all the hype about pregnant people dying from the swine flu. My doctor said that there have been quite a few of the cases that turned out the mother just died from pneumonia or something else, it wasn't the swine flu after all. It is a very personal choice, but I will not be getting either vaccine. I've also heard of people getting the flu from getting the vaccine, will this be the same with the swine flu?
I am not pregnant but DH and I are not getting it... We are in great health and practice good hygene! My son who is 15 months and has a heart defect so he will get it since the cardiologist said the benifits outweigh the risks I will be sure he gets it!
I had the shot 3 weeks ago. I had some side affects due to HcvI  became tired more and other mild symptoms nothing major. I was tired more and needed to sleep and sleep some additional hot flashes sweating and chills daily. Today it is passing
If a HCV patient  would get the swine flu. my  personal opionion is we would not survive the swine flu.   Talk to your doctor first
best of luck
I am 14 weeks pregnant and received the H1N1 vaccine, under the suggestion of my physician. If you have doubts, ask your doctor. As for me, the only negative thing was my arm was sore for a day. They actually recommend it to pregnant women so I think it will be pretty safe.
Congratz and good luck!
i am not getting either one dh had the swine flu but i am fine i practice good hygene and take all my prenatals and i am also taking vitamin c just as a boost but i didnt get it and i refuse to get it i have heard and read that people getting the flu shot are getting the swine flu and i also read an article saying when tested on rats for the swine flu they licked the vaccine to adhd sesours and alot of disabilities i just dont want to take that risk i dont want to scare you and each person needs to think what they want and the decision is your own i just dont think this vaccine was studied enough to put it out there oh and dh is vine he was out of work for 11 days and just layed in bed all day and slept and now he is just doing great oh and i am 33 weeks and 4 days
I'm nearly 30 weeks and got mine at my GPs office last week.

I'm in Canada and they are strongly encouraging those in "high risk" groups (pregnant women, children under age 5 and those with underlying medical conditions like diabetes) receive it.  Flu clinics here have been pretty much mobbed (some people are waiting 7 hours for a shot) and, due to decreased supply of the vaccine, they're now requesting that only those in high risk groups attend the clinics.

I have been reassured by my GP and OB that it is perfectly safe for me to take - and, at the end of day, I trust their professional opinion and expertise.  If I can't trust them then, well, why do I even bother consulting them about anything?  I might as well go get my own medical degree and call it a day.

In terms of deaths from H1N1 vs. the seasonal flu, you cannot really compare these:  the seasonal flu is generally more harmful to the elderly, while H1N1 poses more of a risk to younger people.  The nurse at my GPs office explained that this is because most everyone born in the 1950's and earlier has already been exposed to the virus in their lifetime (I believe it used to be called the Spanish flu or the Hong Kong flu) and so they have immunity.

Oh, and since the H1N1 vaccine is NOT a live virus, you CANNOT catch it from taking the shot.  Common side effects are the same as you'd experience upon having a seasonal flu shot (sore arm, minor aches and pains).  

Of course this is a very personal decision, and you have to do what feels right for you.  
No but here is some interesting info i came across worth listening to

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/03/What-We-Have-Learned-About-the-Great-Swine-Flu-Pandemic.aspx
I have had both the regular one and the swine flu October 22, I'm also 30 weeks pregnant with twins. I feel fine and both babies are doing well. I was very scared to take it but my doctor really pushed the issue.
m3lanie  - I think you need to realize that getting the shot is a personal opinion. I did not read anywhere on this forum that someone is making comments against the fact that you have chosen to not get the vaccine. I think the comment about "those poor babies" was EXTREMELY rude of you to say to a new mother to be who has enough on her mind while she is expecting twins. I think you might want to think twice before making these sorts of comments or it will come back and bite you in the butt.  Good luck!

amberbilly2324 - so glad that you and both babies are doing well :)
Thanks for everyone's opinions!!! I finally made the decision last week to get the vaccine! :) So far, I haven't suffered any side effects and I went in for an ultrasound the day after I got the vaccine and every thing was perfectly fine. I went in for my weekly check up today and everything was also normal so yay! Regardless if ya'll got the vaccine or not, I really do hope everyone is doing well!!! And congrats to everyone on their pregnancy!!
bravo!
Im Almost 10 weeks and i just had mine today! Both my kids had it yesterday and i dont believe it will do any harm...i believe that it should help stop the spread of the H1N1 AND HELP GET IT UNDER CONTROL! But thats just my opinion!! Its up to every indivdual to decide if they want it or not!! :)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mh9f_swine-flu-1976-propaganda_webcam

here is some more interesting info people shouldl think about, good luck!
I would like to remind everyone it is not the immediate side effects that we are really worried about, it is the long term effects such as in the link i posted above, and im not trying to say get it or not to get it, but def look into what both sides are saying before making a descion, Good luck to all!!

OK...... no one in my family ever got a flu shot........... we never had a thought about that................... and the swine flu shot??? just watch--- there WILL be reports about ppl having nerve damage from this shot.... and plus there has not been close to enough research on this vaccine............. do your own research......... the doctors all belong to one organization---- remember its their job to convince you thzat you need that and this.......... hello girlsss... thats how they keep their jobs...............
EXACTLY!!!! Watch the video above where i posted the link
ill tell you about a poor baby then maybe you can make a decision about who is ignorant here. my cousin had a baby last monday. she is in the hospital in ICU DYING from the swine flu....that child may grow up without a mother....now that is a poor baby....you can pull all the information you want from whatever bogus resources you wish. it is a personal decision. Not everyone is on board the conspiracy theory that the cdc and doctors are out to get them. this is a decision for people to make with their doctor so to insult someone as a parent for doing what is recommended by THEIR physician is beyond ignorance.
Here is the link i was refering too.. i thought I posted it. It was penggals post I saw.

WOW!  NEED WE SAY MORE???
Hey Guys, i do not think anyone should be insulting anyone, sorry i started such a mess, but i would like to say one thing, and that is that............i forgot....................lol oh yeah, that i and others are not saying it is a conspiracy theory and people are out to get us. BUT.....I do think that the US GOV is being neglectful on the research and information that stands behind or doesn't stand behind these vaccinations and if you think someone who is making them out there is making them for Free you are crazy! Someone not sure who exactly, has alot of money invested into this. And do i think they are tryin to kill us?? NO, but do i think they are aware of what these shots may do to us, NO. Or they do know and are being neglectful..... Just like in 1976, where people died and got paralised. Look up what happ to Judy Roberts, and type in Swine Flu next to her name and you will find soo much info on what the US Govt is potentially doing to us, no conspiracy just a fact.

Another fact is...... that there is a swine flu out there, and we will not really know who, or how many people really have it, because they are not testing for it anymore, unless you are really sick, and i know that because i wrote a letter to the center for disease control, and they confirmed that, with some boloeny answer and how it is too hard and prob too expensive, im waiting for another letter back from them, ill post what they wrote to me on my main page later..... I know that some people are getting swabbed in the mouth to see if it could be swine flu, but it is not a def test saying you have it. I believe it just means it is not other things, not sure what, and that it could be swine, it is too expensive for them to blood test everyone who complains, but again alot of people saying they have swine flu may just be reg flu or other medical issues. Also alot of people that are very sick or die do have underlining issues. Im very sorry for your friend who may be dying and i do not think that means these vaccines are in anyway safe, there is also people out there getting sick from the vaccines, and also some people i heard of dying after getting the vaccine from getting swine flu, now what does that tell you? It tells you if they are being vaccinated and still getting it, it means they are not either being diagnosed with the correct thing and dying from another or the vaccine is not really that effect, which i heard is true..... This is a hard topic i know.....esp if you have kids, so please don't judge each other and just try to do your research. I did mine on Dr, Baylock, and he is a real Neuorologist for yrs, who originally would not take the first swine flu shot when he was a medical officer in the army i believe. And he said bad things would come of it and it did. Example Judy Roberts.

Again, be cival guys, everyones trying to make the right choice, just educate your self. Ps just because you talk to a Dr does not mean they are going to know all these things just cause they are a dr, it is far beyond their duties to learn about all this neurology. Speak to one and see what they say. Also ask the govt, dr's schools whoever to write you a letter saying this vaccine is 100 safe, they wont!! Good LUCK!!
Sorry Michelle i didn't read it was your cousin, i thought it was a friend, and again im sorry i do not doubt that she was not healthy. Were you able to find out if they blood tested her or Swabbed her mouth, im sure if she is in the hosp then they prob blood tested her. I would hope, But if they didnt then it is poss she may have the reg flu too. I wouldnt presume to know. Maybe because when you just give birth your immunity is very low it caught her body off gaurd, just a thought, but again i do not know for sure. How is she doing i hope better! And again try not to confuse what we are saying about the vaccine being safe with anything else, also try asking your dr before you get the shot unless you got it. What is in it, i bet they couldnt tell you. Too much stuff, which is why some people have reactions later on and some do not. It is sad so many people have been sick or Died from the govt neglect, example the last swine flu vaccine, and more recently the Gardisil Vaccine, i think that is proof enough that the govt is not really sure what these vaccines are capable and it is just something you and others should think about. Esp when it comes to child having autism. Good luck!!!
I personally think with such a heavy and heated topic such as this one, that it is each persons own choice whether or not to get this vaccine. I could easily say that I think that mothers who are getting the vaccine are harming their unborn child and that their child does not have a voice yet, but on the other hand, I could also look on the other side and say that those mothers who are not getting the vaccine are neglecting their unborn child(ren) who do not have a voice wither and potentially putting their child at the same risk....who knows....but I WILL NEVER SAY SUCH A THING to offend a mothers own decision about this topic.

All I wanted to do is to make sure that the mom who is having twins does not have some random woman on this forum with a BIG and STRONG opinion about the topic make her feel as though she made the wrong decision - and as though she is a negligent mother before her children even join the world. The comment that she made about the poor babies was UNACCEPTABLE, RUDE AND UNCALLED FOR.  

I think that people need to realize that we each have our own opinions as to who the "experts" are and if one chooses to listen to or not listen to some random guy in some video posted in an above link, that is their choice.

I appreciate how people are sharing their opinions, and sharing their information and links of what their "experts" have said because that is what this forum is all about - sharing info and supporting one another, but personal comments that suggest that a mother has done something to potentially harm her child because she followed the directives of who she believes is the expert, and what she believes to be the right thing - and in this case her children is plain out RUDE!  

We have not seen any comments on this forum suggesting that those mothers who choose not to get the vaccine are negligent and harming their children and although we have strong opinions on the matter, we need to watch what we say, as some comments- such as the one mentioned can be hurtful.

Can i just add that here in canada they are still testing for h1n1 when ppl go in with symptoms..so is it just in the us they stopped swabbing in aug!? I know this cuz i was swabbed for it last week!!! ALSO this is a personal desision for everyone...so if you decide not to get it thats your choice..but if you decide to get it i think ill commend you on it! I Have no idea why people are so afraid of this vaccine!! why on earth would you think that vaccines would be made to harm you! There made to protect you from dieases and death!! I personally am all for it and as i said above Everyone in my family has it and now i can rest easy knowing that for NOW we will be protected against this pandemic! In saying that i think that this WHOLE post should be deleated due to alot of women throwing bad comments at eachother!! We are here to HELP EACH OTHER ppl not argue about what it right and what is wrong!!!
Hey Rosa, I believe that the swabbing is not a official test for the swine flu it just means it is possible you have it. I could be wrong but that is my understanding i think you need a blood test to really know and they are not really doing them here. Swabbing they r doing here too, but again i think it just means you are put in a category such as category A, meaning you could have it or you could have something else. They are telling alot of people they have it when they do not!
Hey Rosa not sure if you were able to check this out, but it is worth listening to, the reason we think it is harmful is because it has been before and even more recently with the Gardasill Vaccine. Govt is not trying to harm us but they are neglectful unfortuantly money is most likely their motive behind it, they are not being made for free that is for sure.

Good INFO for the BRAIN

Wow! I didn't realize this topic had gotten QUITE so heated!  I agree, it is a personal decision that every woman needs to make on their own.I personally get the flu shot every year, and this year got both the seasonal flu and H1N1 shot because I have a heart condition and a pacemaker and FOR ME, the risks of the vaccine (especially since I always get the dead version, not the weakened one) do not outweigh the risk of how my heart could react to getting the flu (either one) However, like I said, this is based on my personal health, and my personal opinions. I don't think that anyone has the right to be rude to another based on their beliefs. We're all free to share what we believe on it, but we really need to keep it civil here.
IT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHILL OUT!
Wow, I can't believe this is getting so heated.  Love the joe blow comment, and this is coming from a master scientist right?  First of all, the flu vaccine is a dead virus....dead....just like any other flu vaccine.  But I guess those darn doctors don't know anything.
I just wanted to add, it is a personal choice.  This is my second time getting the flu mist(regular flu vaccine), which is actually a live virus of the flu.  I hate shots.  But all the years b4 that i never got the flu shot. Only bcuz  i became back active in working in a nursing home and hospital is why i got it.  And will be getting the h1n1, if im not mistaken in 2007 there was some type of h1n1 flu out, not sure if it was bird flu or not. But it seems every 1-2 years some type of flu is out that causes an epidemic.

The H1N1 is of course a dead virus or live, depending on which way you get it.  The flu vaccice that you get is from what ever FLU that was spread the year b4, so its not like each year you get the same dead/live virus.  So in order to protect people from it, THE VIRUS HAS TO CHANGE(so that is what you get when you get the flu/mist vaccine) But since it mutates quickly some people just dont get full immunity.

I look at it like this, we let our newborns get shots, even though the vaccines have been around for years it does not mean your baby cant get very ill from one of the vaccines, its chances we take, i jus think if your high risk it may be best to get it. If i was only doing home care with one client like i did b4, i would not be getting it.

And im sure if next year another flu break out, there will be a shot for it.
The debate is not weather or not it is live, ior if people are getting the flu from it. thats got no relevance. what we are talking about is the millions of ingredients that your prob cant resite to you that r in the vaccine and how they have in the past effected people's brains and possibly children in autisrm. Also it is my understanding that this Flu has not Mutated whats so ever. I advice anyone who is reading this blog to atleast watch the two videos i posted, so you can further understand why it is people are conserned about long term effects. I also agree arguing and being rude are not very appropiate on this board and it is a indiviual choice. The facts are the govt has been wrong about Vaccines on at least two occasions, with the first swine flu shot and now with the recently gardasil vaccine. These vaccines are not effecting everyone but i believe effecting people differently. Just please think twice before getting these vaccines, and make sure you are well aware of its possible effects. Also try asking your dr and govt or schools to write you a letter of some sort saying that this vaccine is safe, they will not. The truth is this vaccine has been pushed out so fast history can easily be repeating itself, and people do no have a great understanding what is even in these vaccines. but it is a long list. I do not think that anyone is trying to kill us, i do believe they are being neglectful as with the first swine flu shot, because they are to profit from them, and honest, no dr can really advice no to have you get it if they want to keep their jobs and stay in the loop of these pharmacutical companies, they truth is unless they are a neuorologist they will not know the possible effects, also ask your dr exactly what is in the vaccine im sure he or she can not tell you word for word, Again this is not about live or not live vaccine, or getting the flu after a vaccine, it is about long term effects on the brain and how some people may be effect and how they have in the past. Good luck to all

I trust my pediatrician and I trust my godmother who is a doctor.  Honestly, the link between autism and vaccines was insignificant and was just speculation.  Like Latrice said, it is personal opinion and if you choose not to get the vaccine or to vaccinate your child, than that is your decision.  I'm not trying to sway people or push people in either direction.  Just thinking about my child's life and if he does contract the swine flu because I failed to get him the precaution he needed and he got terribly ill and possibly passes away because of it, I would hate myself.  Again, just my opinion.
I also trust my pediatrician, and she highly recommends getting both flu shots for my children.  The only problem we have is supply issues.  I am hoping they will be able to get more of the H1N1 vaccine by the time my daughter goes for her 5 year check up in a couple of weeks.  My other kids have only been able to get 1 of the seasonal flu.
yes but there is no speculation as to what the past vaccines and recent gardisil have done to people.
What influenced MY decision for my family (aside from my OB, family physician, and ped's recommendations, along with a very knowledgable DH who is a pharmacist) even if there is a miniscule risk associated with the vaccine, i feel it is worth it. Look at vaccines have done throughout history- the GOOD they have done. Even if you do look at the reaction that happened in the 70's- have you seen the numbers?

of more than 40 million vaccinated before the campaign stopped, an est 500 developed Guillen Barre Syndrome and 25 died. (I do not know how accurate those numbers are, but i actually got them from one of those conspiracy theory websites, so even if they are wrong, they a certainly manipulated as evidence against vaccination). There certainly have been more deaths than that already from H1N1. And for those who use the argument that they are not testing for H1N1 so we don't know if that's what everyone is getting, they do test fatalities.

As for severity of the flu- sure 99% of people will simply have typical flu symptoms. First off, I don't want ANY flu, regardless of strain. As for that slim chance... you have less than 1% chance of being in a fatal car accideny on your way home, but you still buckle up.

finally, i would like to address the profit argument. penggal, you yourself have said in one of these many threads that it's OK for Mercola to make a huge profit on his conspiracy theories as long as he is doing good/ helping people. Does that argument only apply to Mercola?

Anyways, if nothing else, this endless debate has provided food for thought for those who are undecided. My avice to those who are undecided- don't listen to me. don't listen to any random stranger on the internet. Talk to your dr. talk to your pharmacist. If you have made a decision and do not agree with your physician's perspective, then this is definitely a valuable learning experience. You should find a dr who shares your values. If you feel s/he is misinformed, subject to manipulation, or influenced too greatly by pharmaceutical companies, then you should not be with them.
Yeah i mean i just do not believe the govt has a good understand of who has the h1n1 since most are not testing for it, So numbers are really not numbers they are assumptions.
I know they are not testing in most cases because i asked the cdc and they confirmed
And No it does not only apply to Mercola, i believe it applys to people who are truthful, and since we do not know who is telling the truth, but we do know facts and we know that the govt can not be trusted when it comes to our health for one they have been sadly mistaken before and when i say mistaken i do not mean opps made a mistake horribly neglectful when it comes to their vaccines.

But i will agree and i have from the start that it is a learning experience and that to each their own, just make sure you can really trust your dr, not do what they say just becaue they are a dr. that doesnt always make them knowledgable about the possibilities. So def do your research, i tried my best to provide you with information that i did not think fit the description of any conspiracy theory just good information from a Neorolgist, 60 min and a health freak nutritionist who is very well known in that community. I do not think he was selling anything in that video, maybe he sells something, but i dont know what that had to do with the dr he interviewed or what they were saying, i dont recall they pushing or plugging anything to anyone, it just so happ to be found on his site, where he just so happ to sell stuff, and if you ask anyone in that field he is well respected, my aunt has been in that field for yrs. Again good luck to all in your venture, just do you research and do not just jump beause the govt or your dr says. Really do your research through out talking to many drs reading, and asking questions. Ask your drs what is in these vaccines, and why they will not assure you in writting it is safe. And ask your self why they are not testing, but yet coming out with number and cases everyday. My friends dad is a dr and my friend has the flu, he DEF would have been diagnosed with the Swine Flu, had his father not pulled strings to have him tested. A LOT of people are being misdiagnosed because of lack of testing. It is also thought to be really mild esp as it travels from person to person, the virus supposedly weekens but that is just something i heard. AGAIN sorry for the long post, good luck to all!!!!
OMG really ...would someone just get this post deleated!! Its really not a debate here people!! Either get it or dont get it! No matter what i say or what others have to say they are going to do what they feel is right! So cmon get over this already its getting a bit to immature dont you think with all this oh its good or its not good cr**!!! Really ladies im sure our time can be more usefull for other questions on here..dont you? LIke i said before we are here to help eachother and we def aree not helping eachother by aruging!! (sp)
Yeah im done going back and forth, just thought i was giving info and actually i was, and many people thanked me, but if you do not want to read bickering or have issues please do not come to this blog, Someone will come to this blog that is undesided and get information from which ever side they choose, and that is their choice. I think im done with this blog too, obviously people who are getting mad cant help but to keep coming on this blog. So im not going to come here anymore either, i do not need to be to blame. That was not my point on posting those links, it was to provide information, so since people want to be snippy,i agree this should end. But again funny it bothers people as if we emailed you directly, stop coming on here if it bothers you. Good Luck all and im glad i was able to help some people and others again to each their own, i do not judge anyone!!! Ps it is called a debate and it was def worth debating over our children and familes are important to us, every once in a while there needs to be a good debate, but of coare with out the snippy ness, not needed!
yes i agree...it wasent the fact that people were debating...it was where they were debating..in a pregnancy forum..bicker away now that its in this forum!! LOL I just think that other questions were more impt...and i wasent coming on here to get mad...so please do not tell me what to read and what not to read if i dont want to get mad! I was getting mad at the fact that the issue BLEW waYYYYY out of proportion( again sp) Please everybody feel free to speak your mind its jut got really interesting to see what happened after everyone started getting mad with eachother! lol...AND someone is not going to come to this blog and choose from this info because all thats going on in this blog was fighting!! Usefull infofmation was given at the beginning and may have helped someone but not after everyone was being rude and impulsive to one another!! I just think our time can be better used helping eachother not accusing and being snotty to one another! But like i said its in the social forum now go nuts..!! lol
Yeah i was never rude, tried to be nice and just give info, but i feel like people just cant handle it.
Some people cant!! Some just dont like to hear what others need to think when its not what they want to hear but as always everyone is entitled to there own opinions!! as you are to yours! Now i think this is in the right place...the swine flu community! LOL And please dont feel that you have to leave the forum just because of the last post..you are able to ask your questions and state your awnsers just as everyone else is!! I just dont think there was any point to keep fighting! Like really where was it going ...right!! haha
Yeah i know,  was not even trying to convince that person i was going back and forth with i was more worried about outsiders reading and believe some of what they were writing. So thats why i kept on, hoping to reach people. But you are right some people are just too snippy, and get so mad, i dont get mad i just like a good debate, if someone can convince we im wrong im willing to listen. But some people again are impossible. Ha what did they move this post again lol. Thank ya i mean im going to still post in that preg forum alot of people have no problems with what i posted. I wasnt even the one who started the threads lol just added to it. But thanks again!
Aw..I was the one who started the post w/a simple question..but it really is disappointing that it didn't turn into a debate, but just a plain ol' nasty argument. But there was good feedback that I appreciated though. Let's just stop the ridiculing and respect other people's opinions :)
I just wanted to update this based on personal experience.  It has been almost 2 weeks since I had my H1N1 vaccine.  I still have absolutely no side effects and friday had an OB appointment.  My little boy is doing great!  No problems with him at all.  We now have several staff out with the flu at work (I had the seasonal flu vaccine as well) and several pregnant women hospitalized that are very ill with the flu.  Although I am currently surrounded by flu at work, I have stayed symptom free!  Still happy with my decision, and wish everyone well in making their choice.  
we have to becareful what we encourage people to do. Some people react differently after bring injected with a vaccine. Allergy to eggs and mercury for one. Some vaccines do still have mercury in it. Just because it is good for one person doesnt mean it is good for others. And just because there is no side effects from the shot now.. It Is of concern later in life. I'm sure The trusted doctors encouraged these poor women and told them that the gardasil vaccine was safe but I bet they wouldnt say it is safe now but it is alittle too late now isnt it. They're screwed for life. You'll find the discussion under immunization  /vaccination thread.Good luck in ur decision and make sure you find out if you are allergic to eggs or any other ingredient in the swine flu vaccine before you let them jab ya with it.