Swine Flu Community
If you and/or child get the swine flu shot, was there any reaction?

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

My family haven't gotten the shots yet, but we're thinking about it. I have a 4 years old and plan to get one for him too. I want to know if people who got it have any side affects. Thanks.
I have talked to some other women on here who have received the vaccine already and so far they have had no reactions.  I am 35 weeks and can't find it in Texas but I will be getting the shot form asap!  
I would really like to know this as well. They want to do a mass vaccination in our schools and want the form sent in yesterday.  I said no, because I didn't have enough info. However I did call and put my daughter on the list when they get the shots in at the pediatrician. However, although the schools are offering this, they don't have the shots yet. I do know of one person who had the vaccine, and he is doing well, it has been one week.

On the other hand, we were told by a neurologist no to the vaccine for our son because he has a neurological condition. This makes me very anxious for both kids, which is the bigger risk, taking the vaccine, or not taking it. I hope people will post their vaccine experiences here. Although I guess most who had it with no reaction are not on the web looking for forums about swine flu...
i am 19 weeks pg..i also have 4 other friends who are pg...2 of them have received the h1n1 and had no reactions....im getting mine on tuesday...i had done a bunch of research....after going back and forth...spoke to a dr for an hour..pharm...etc.....the adjuvants and squalene that had people alarmed...those ingredients are only in the canada and europe doses...not in united states....they are in those due to the fact of them being shipped.....and not used up quickly.....not a dr.....just a concerned teacher...around sick ones...and mom....
I have 3 college age kids and I'm very worried about the swine flu risks and the risks that may occur fromt he vaccine.  I have spoke to several medical personnel and all of them pretty much have the same concerns I do about long lasting side effects that might not show up until time has passed.  I was informed that the studies weren't done long enough on the vaccine.  I was also told that the studies aren't done on women, which 2 of my children are girls.  Another person told me she wouldn't recommend giving it to child bearing age women!  So, now you have to worry who to believe, what is the best choice for your family.  Either way there are risks involved.  I blame the medical people out there for not better informing their patients about the vaccine.  This is the only vaccine that I have ever truly questioned getting and it scares the hell out of me.
I got the vaccine last Wednesday, almost a week ago and so far have had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm.  With the regular flu shot I developed a low grade fever and was kind of sick.  My niece got her H1N1 vaccination yesterday and was sore at the injection site.  They have done clinical trials in adults and children of both genders.  They just released the results of clinical trials in pregnant women yesterday. You can get the information on clinical trials from the CDC (center for disease and control) website.  I trust my family doctor and my OB and they both said they would recommend getting it.  
our girls, 5 & 8 received the H1N1 flu mist.  They have been fine, no fevers, ever so slight runny nose with our 5 yr old about 3 days after but then gone.  I checked their temperature faithfully for 4 days after just to be sure they had no spike in fever at all.   We chose the mist since our girls are under 10 and the shot they would have received had the thimerosol(mercury) content.  There are shots that are avail without it but not in our area.  the local health dept only had about 10 from what I was told and it was reserved for pregnant women.  Hope this helps, I will tell you I agonized over this decision for 5 days and finally had to make the decision as they were vaccinating in school.  So far our choice has been right for our children but you know what is best.  do what you feel is the right thing to do. I know people that refuse to vaccinate and other that swear by the shot.   I sat down and weighed the pros and cons and that helped me.  Take care!
Thanks everyone for your feedback. It wasn't an easy decision, but our little girl is only 3 months old, and we don't want to risk her getting a serious flu. We finally got our shots after standing in line for 4.5 hours. So far, nothing but sore arms. Our son has to get another dose in a month though.