Swine Flu Relapse
I think my daughter is having a relapse of the swine flu....but the doctor is sure (without testing her) that it is not a relapse.  Interestingly, she has all the same symptoms again except the fever is higher this time around but she is not throwing up.  I left the dr. feeling a little frustrated.....but that is not unusual these days.  Just wondering if anyone has dealt with a relapse?
If her fever is higher and you can't get it down you need to get her back to the doctor ASAP as this could be a sign of pneumonia, which is one complication from the flu. My 5 year old son started out with the flu too and it quickly turned into pneumonia. It can move fast so take her back in and insist on a chest x-ray. If it's pneumonia she'll need antibiotics and have her oxygen levels monitored. Best wishes to you and your daughter. Take care,
April
Have your child  get an x ray for pneumonia. Do not let the Dr.'s push you around or try to tell you its not possible.

I had the flu with the 103+ fevers; by day 3 when I went to the Dr. it was bronchitis,
day 5 it was pneumonia,
day 8 it was double pneumonia and I was admitted into the hospital.
The pneumonia was complicated by the fact that I also have bad asthma.

Im currently dealing with severe plurisy in my chest.
Ive been sick for 3 weeks total now and feel extremely zapped of energy.
The doctor said it will be at least another week before I start to feel better.
I was told that if the symptoms of fever or shortness of breath came back then i am to go to the Dr right away or the ER if needed.