Swine Flu Community
Swine Flu Relapse

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

Swine Flu Relapse

I think my daughter is having a relapse of the swine flu....but the doctor is sure (without testing her) that it is not a relapse.  Interestingly, she has all the same symptoms again except the fever is higher this time around but she is not throwing up.  I left the dr. feeling a little frustrated.....but that is not unusual these days.  Just wondering if anyone has dealt with a relapse?
If her fever is higher and you can't get it down you need to get her back to the doctor ASAP as this could be a sign of pneumonia, which is one complication from the flu. My 5 year old son started out with the flu too and it quickly turned into pneumonia. It can move fast so take her back in and insist on a chest x-ray. If it's pneumonia she'll need antibiotics and have her oxygen levels monitored. Best wishes to you and your daughter. Take care,
April
Have your child  get an x ray for pneumonia. Do not let the Dr.'s push you around or try to tell you its not possible.

I had the flu with the 103+ fevers; by day 3 when I went to the Dr. it was bronchitis,
day 5 it was pneumonia,
day 8 it was double pneumonia and I was admitted into the hospital.
The pneumonia was complicated by the fact that I also have bad asthma.

Im currently dealing with severe plurisy in my chest.
Ive been sick for 3 weeks total now and feel extremely zapped of energy.
The doctor said it will be at least another week before I start to feel better.
I was told that if the symptoms of fever or shortness of breath came back then i am to go to the Dr right away or the ER if needed.