Swine Flu Community
Swine Flu
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swine Flu

Details about swine flu?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
All About Swine Flu (H1N1)
What is Swine Flu (H1N1)?

Influenza-A (H1N1) (earlier know as swine flu) is a new influenza virus causing illness in people.  First detected in Mexico in April, 2009, it has spread to many countries in the World. Swine flu is basically a misnomer. This was originally referred to as "swine flu" because laboratory testing showed that many of the genes in this new virus were very similar to those found in pigs in North America.  Further on, it has been found that this new virus has gene segments from the swine, avian and human flu virus genes. The scientists calls this a "quadruple reassortant" virus and hence this new (novel) virus is christened "influenza-A (H1N1) virus".
How do people become infected with influenza-A (H1N1)?

The new influenza A (H1N1) virus spreads from person-to-person, in the same way that seasonal influenza viruses spread. The main form of transmission is through the coughs or sneezes of an infected person. Infected droplets are released into the air and breathed in by others. However, these droplets do not remain in the air long and generally only affect people within two metres.

Read more: http://www.lifemojo.com/lifestyle/all-about-swine-flu-h1n1-2898236?mh=all-about-swine-flu-h1n1
Blank
849762_tn?1288188348
swine flu still around??? You'd never know it ever existed where I live.
Blank
1217401_tn?1291412754
yes its still around, but its much more controlled now. I'm a teen and i've had swine flu, and to me, it felt like a common cold with a few muscle aches. -its only dangerous if it mutates.
Blank
Like humans, pigs get the flu. Four different type A swine flu strains commonly circulate among pigs. Most recent swine flu viruses have belonged to the H1N1 and H3N2 subtypes. Pigs typically get sick but usually don't die from swine flu.

The new swine flu virus infecting humans is very unusual. It's somehow acquired genes from swine, bird, and human flu bugs. And it's also got genes from Eurasian swine flu viruses that aren't supposed to be in North America.    

The symptoms of swine flu in people are similar to the symptoms of regular human flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu.

Hope that i help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Swine Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank