doctors dont want my son in office
my son has the swine flu. he had a temp of 103.1 and a very high heart rate. his fever has broke and the joint pain is almost gone now. my problem is i have called his doctor to have him check out again and he wont see him! i have called so many doctors to have him checked out and i hear he is contagious and he is better off at home . i have been told that so many times . i even told the office i had a mask for him and get told he would just be exposed to more germs. i needed him seen so he could be excused from school and his doctor tells me not unless hes seen. how can he be seen when they dont want him in the office? anyone else having this problem with there doctor?
I recommend calling his school to see if they've relaxed their absentee policy due to flu like illnesses this year. Most schools and businesses have.  Ask to talk to the school nurse about it all.

The only other option you have is to drag him to the ER and pay their fee's if his regular doctor won't see him.

grace
How long has he been sick first off? If it has been awhile & he is not getting any better. I would not take any chances and take him to the ER! Just to make sure he is not getting dehydrated or something worse. I would for sure be calling that doctor back & telling him if he cant see your sick child, then you will find another doctor who can! You never know if he could be getting worse and I would rather be safe than sorry! I hope & pray that your little boy gets better! I will say a little prayer for him!
There's probably not much they can do, so if his condition doesnt seem critical I would just give him fever reducer and a little extra TLC. Use you mother instinct.

If you really feel like he needs to be seen then I agree with Grace go to the hospital.
Honestly the dr really has no right to tell you to NOT make an appt. If your child is presenting a 103 fever and has all the symptoms of the flu he should be seen by a medical professional. Shame on them for not aiding you and he. I'm not sure where you live but down here any high risk group would take precedence over regular illnesses in the ER!

I was sent immediately to the ER from work w/ a 103 fever and I'm 27, so for a dr to ignore a mother's questions about her son is ridiculous. His high heart rate could be orthostatic, which means dehydration. I know I've not been able to stay hydrated since the swine flu from JULY and have been in/out of hospitals, urgent care, dr appts, etc. because I'm still sick!

I hope everything worked out for you both.