high risk group.. opinion needed
i know that this is a very common question but i am very seriously worried. i have a 50/50 chance. everyone does with this swine flu shot.

reasons i should get the vaccine:
- i am 18, therefore in the high risk group.
- i have severe asthma in which is another high risk thing.
- i am on daily medicine which lowers immune system for asthma
- i go to college and live in a dorm in which swine flu is going around

reasons not to:
- i'm scared of what the risk is
- it doesnt fully protect but it does do good i guess
- my dad had guillan barre. i know that its not hereditary but my dad almost died from it

now, i need your opinions. yes i know this is an online forum and i make my own decisions. my pulmonologist, fam doc, and my cousin, whom is a nurse, says i should get it because my risk is higher by not getting it compared to getting it.

opinions? it would be appreciated.
The vaccince would be a good Idea.  I am a nursing student who is graduating this December.  I am to scared to get the vaccine but I have seen first handed what this virus can do.  I myself have an appointment to get the vaccine along with my child.  Even though I believe my child might of already had the virus it was not confirm.
I'm not a huge fan of the vaccine myself in general but you are in a high risk group with your asthma so it's probably well worth the risk of getting it.  

grace
Hi There, as a former sufferer of GBS and already have contracted the swine flu in July, I would caution the ingredients as well as how hastily the vaccine has been thrown out there. What I was told was even though I've already had the swine flu if it mutates I can get it over and over again... and there's no way for them to test for antibodies in your blood, which to me would make a vaccine useless. I would think the scientists or peers would be able to test for the antibodies if they've created the vaccine? Not sure though. Talk to your primary physician. The latter info is what mine told me.
I would think twice about getting the vaccine.  From what I understand if you have the Guillan Barre in your family, you should not get the vaccine.  Go to www.flu.gov  and look at the information they have posted.  I have 3 kids all in college and am concerned about whether or not to get the vaccine for them.  Several medical people I know say not to because this vaccine came out with little studies as to long lasting side effects... and the studies are not being done on women, which worries me more since I have 2 daughters!  The medical personnel I know told me not to give it to my daugthers.  My doctor on the other hand gave no support either way.  She basically said "it's a personal choice" (of which I don't think she intends to vaccinate her child!).  I'm worried because either way, you're at risk.  If you're in doubt about the shot, don't do it!  
Getting the vaccine is a personal choice and there are both positives and negatives of getting the vaccine.  If you are worried, you should look into alternative preventive measure to prevent the swine flu.