Swine Flu Community
is it swine flu?

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

is it swine flu?

I was wondering about the symptoms of the swine flu. It states that there is a fever but I wasn't sure if the fever spikes high immediatly or gradually goes up. My daughter is sick right now. It started yesterday late afternoon with fever, sore throat, headache, coughing and now runny nose. Both she and I have a normal body temp of 97.8 or 97.9; hers has only gone up to 99.7 it could go higher who knows. Anyway, have any of you dealt with the swine flu? Whether it be yourself or others? I spoke to her school nurse and it seems it can affect people differently. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Most of the kids we are seeing who seem to have symptoms that could be swine flu, are coming back negative. There are a couple of other viruses going around that are also causing similar symptoms right now in kids.

At this point, give her regular doctor a call today or first thing in the morning.  Discuss whether they think it's worthwhile for either of you to take tamiflu in case this is the flu so that you can recover quicker.  Meanwhile she needs to stay home from school. If you are sick, you too need to stay home from work.

grace