302?1253795530
Swine (H1N1) Flu Vaccine Debate Forum User Group
Increased risk of H1N1 if you have the seasonal flu vaccine
About This Group:

This Debate Group encourages lively/healthy discussion about the Pro's & Con's relating to the Swine (H1N1) Flu Vaccine. The FDA approved the Swine Flu Vaccine ... Will you be getting it? ---- Is it safe? NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ---- please, keep it a healthy debate!

Founded by ChitChatNine on September 24, 2009
25 members

A study came out in the last week or two showing an increased risk of contracting H1N1 if you have the seasonal flu vaccine.  It is currently undergoing peer review, and it sounds like there is really mixed opinions as to the validity of the study.  We are scheduled to receive our seasonal flu vaccines Oct. 13th.  H1N1 should be available about 4 weeks later.  I had pretty much made up my mind to have both (I have never had any adverse reaction to the seasonal flu vaccine).  Now, as of today our medical clinic at work has received info from the Province to only administer the H1N1 vaccine.  I am still going to get that one, but am so confused as to whether or not to get both. Anyone else hear anything about this issue?  I'm curious if any of you will be getting both.  Thanks.
oh good lord are you serious?  I got the seasonal flu vaccine already!  I swear, this is becoming so confusing and so scary....
Hey Dana!  Yeah, that's the problem. Who knows what to believe and not to.  I am trying to stay away from all the media hype around this whole thing and focus on the facts (I talk to Dr.'s as much as possible for the info).  It is so hard to know what is the right decision to make.  I feel like it's darned if you do, darned if you don't.....
I already got the seasonal flu vaccine too!  I saw a doctor on the news yesterday that said they have no proof yet of this accusation.  Who knows anymore?  I do know that studies show if you vaccinate while you are pregnant you pass antibodies to the baby that helps protect them for the first six months, until they can receive vaccines on there own.  That would be one reason why I would get both of them.  It's just hard to know if you make the right decision or not.  Please let us know when you get more information on this!
ChitChatNine thinking about Thanksgiving Comment
Nov 21
drifter0213 commented on Constantly talking to...
Oct 28
Ebola - Inside are two great resour...
Oct 27 by ChitChatNine