457?1254685131
TTC Naturally User Group
Grapefruit Juice for EWCM?
About This Group:

For all of us out there who are TTC on our own whether by charting, temping, taking herbals ETC.! I'm waiting on my lil pumpkin how bout you?

Founded by gokuangel on October 4, 2009
210 members

Grapefruit Juice for EWCM?

To know me, is to know how much I enjoy googling about fertility.

I came across grapefruit juice today.  Has anybody heard/tried this?  I don't know what the medical reasons are for it to work, but supposedly it is supposed to increase your amount of EWCM.  I don't have hardly any (except when I was on EPO).
I have heard of that too but i have not tried it! I CANNOT stand the taste of that stuff! Yuck LOL! but i think anything might be worth a shot!
I'm thinking about trying it next cycle . . . that is if I can stand the taste - LOL
All i can say is hold your nose! ROFL! or drink some alcoholic beverage b4 hand that always inhibits your taste buds LOL!
I picked up some of the Ruby Red last night.  It's actually tolerable, so I should have no problem drinking it.  I guess I'll know by early next week if it works or not.

I'm assuming I can drink it all through my cycle?
I used to hate grapefruit anything except if it was mixed in with other juices, but my DH eats them all the time and I decided to try again because they are good for making your body more alkaline(less acidic) and they help clean you out, which is good for your whole body.  I'm hooked on them now because I see positive results in my health from eating them on a regular basis and you do get used to the taste.  
As far as i understand it grapefruit juice helps when TTC by thinning cervical mucus, i don't know if it will help some of you but I've heard that orange juice has a similar effect although slightly lessened, that and the Vit-c content was the reason our family prescribes it for coughs or a blocked nose. It's also somewhat more tolerable taste-wise.

To beware though as grapefruit juice can interfere with some medications, particularly statins, so if you're taking any meds it's probably wise to check your leaflets for any contraindications.
I've heard about grapefruit juice too. I saw on the internet where someone said their CM was at it's "best" (EWCM) about four hours after drinking the grapefruit juice. So you may not have to necessarily drink it every day for your cycle. Seems like a pretty quick fix... I think I might give it a shot too this cycle, preseed doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me.
yes, i tried that on one of my months, n' it relaly works, i tried red grapfj which is a bit sweeter than the regular one. so it helped me to increase my CM. i usually get a real good amount of natural CM, around my ovultion days, so i dont hv to use the gfj every time. but again, it really works. n' i think u hv to take 8oz on every 2-4 hrs (i think). Good luck to all ladies who are ttc !!!!
oh wen i said, "red" i ment Ruby red.
this month i bought rite one . last month i baught grapejuice lol. i wasnt aware of grapefruit is an other fruit.
Hi ladies the grapefriut juice is meant to help with CM and robitussin cough syrup is also just as good.Being on clomid you CM is affected so taking grapefruit juice or robitussin is meant to help your CM be more thinner.but you only take it when your period ends and finish as soon as you think you have ovulated.you take 2 spoonfuls of the syrup every day and or a glass of grapefruit juice.I took them both when i was on clomid and it did improve my CM as i noticed it every month but unfortunately i never did get pregnant.but hope it helps any of you ladies SSBD XX
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Des_a_rae commented on MyMelBgirl's status
Des_a_rae commented on retta483's status