TTC Over 40 User Group
40+ pregnant
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
415 members

40+ pregnant

Is there anyone over 40 and pregnant?  Am feeling a bit lonely :-(
Hi there!  Congratulations!  I have a 10 month old and I'm 45.  I was just through it.  Fun times!
Me! 43 and almost 20 weeks! How many weeks are you?
Hey, congratulations!
I have 8 month old g/b twins, and I'll be 46 next month :). How many weeks are you??
Am so happy to  hear that you are out there ladies. I found myself in the ratified community of 40+ and pregnant and many pple in the forums are mostly in their 20s and 30s. I felt a bit on the extinct side. Am turning 43 in a month's time and baby coming end of may early June. Currently on 29+5 weeks and so far baby seems ok. My worry is I did not have prenatal care. - its a surprise baby- only learnt of him/her at 14+2 weeks.Physically am doing great, better than when I was in my 30s. Its the emotional side that's just terrible. Am still a bit numb just knowing that I will have a baby,  but its not as bad as it was- not with the constant kicking taking place in my tummy.  I worry if baby will be fine,  will I have the energy to run around and keep baby stimulated,  wont my baby be ashamed having an older mum,  will my grown kids accept baby coz so far they are indifferent to say the least. For those already blessed with babies and expecting and thise part of this forum,how do you manage.?wld appreciate your thoughts.
42 going 43. I read your profile and it really inspired and uplifted me. Made me feel like a whinny baby.  ( sometimes i think i have too much of baby blues). Thanks.
42 going 43 and baby 29+5weeks. Seems like we are in the same cohort and our coming babies are just 2 months apart. Thanks for your profile,  very inspirational. gave me positive energy :-)
Your twins look big already. How do you manage energy wise?
Thanks formtaking the time to read my story.  And to check out my babies :) So far, so good.  I have spent more time sitting on the floor in the past few months then I have since I was a kid myself! Lol :). I can't imagine my life without them :). They are my heart.  No one yet has asked if I was grandma, so that's good...lol...
Seriously, it is great!  Don't you worry!! Your baby will love you no matter how old you are!!!  Age is just a number!!!!  
This journey is scary for us older women.  But when I see my baby, it helps so much.  When in June are you due? My birthday is June 15, so I will be 44 when I have my baby in Aug.  

I am amazed at ultrasounds, how much my baby is moving around and I don't feel it, so don't be worried.  I believe everyone is different.  There are a lot of us in our 40's, so we are hear for you!
I m 41 and 23 weeks with my first child.  A boy!!  I m going to name him Eli.  
That's a lovely name. We are still thinking about names. Not sure if its a boy or girl.
My scan due date is 28 may but by my lmp  its 5 June but my doc said it was not a period. So I have given myself a time range of delivery.

Yes its scary sometimes being an older mum. Feels like we are the glass ceiling breakers sometimes. We reflect more so we really take our roles too seriously and the implications. Am trying to stop and smell the flowers and enjoy each day as a blessing.
You have such a positive energy - will be looking for baby things from this week. Imagine its almost 30 weeks and I have not yet started coz of a sense of. ' i will wake up from this long dream'.
Thanks :). Once you start buying, you will get on a roll...lol.  Are you having a shower?  I hope you do.  I love the ladies on this site. They will lift you up when you are feeling down, and will cheer you all the way.  Risa and I go way back on here.  Watched each other go through a lot of ups and downs.  It's fantastic to follow her pregnancy as she did mine :).

Do you know what you are having!
I would also like to add my congratulatons in with everyone leses :) also I dont think you should worry about your older kids attitudes at the moment, they are probably wrapped up in their own lives, if they're teenagers they will probably be so self absorbed and probably abit grossed out lol, I have lots of children ranging in age from nearly 22-2 yrs and my older kids usually just roll there eys when they hear that I'm pregnant, and if they're still not that interested when the baby is born, I'm sure it wont take them long to come around once they see how happy you are, try and relax and enjoy this little surprise gift, I have found parenthood much much much more enjoyable in my 40's than in my 20's and even 30's as I have really learnt to appreciate the little miricles that they truely are :)
I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old and I'm 45.  I don't feel 45.  Sometimes I feel old around other moms, but nobody's ever treated me that way.  In fact, one of my best mom friends is 28. We met through our first sons and then went through a second pregnancy at the same time and we both had boys (so very strange).  There are some differences between us.  We're both equally tired which must mean that I'm doing something right :-)

As for being an older mom, I'd say that I'm more tolerant of many behaviours because I don't sweat the small stuff like I did in my 20s.  I don't worry about as much stuff either because I know that it works out in the end whether you worry about it or not.  I'm not as concerned about what other people think because I know that people come and people go and that those who really count will be the ones who stick around.  I do, however, worry more about being around to watch them grow old.  As a result, I feel that I'm more aware of how precious every moment is with my children and tend to cherish the time we spend together more than I would have if I was younger.  I never forget that if I had babies when I was younger it wouldn't be these children and they are both true miracles to me.  Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am to have a family after the fertility struggles I experienced for so long.  

Yes, I have been asked if they're my grandchildren, but maybe twice in 3 years.  It killed me both times, more because I worry about what my boys will think as they grow up with older parents.  There are many more older moms out there today so I find that people are more worried about saying the wrong thing than blurting out whether they thought I was their grandmother, even if they weren't sure.  I will refer to myself as "Mommy" to prevent the mistake, but I think that is my own insecurity.

So I guess I also worry about what my kids will think about having older parents, but that is their issue that they will have to deal with should it come up.  They won't be the only ones in their schools, that's for sure.  I think it will be harder for them simply because it's hard watching your parents grow old at any age.  My boys don't know any different right now.  My son will point to a picture of a pretty young woman in a magazine and say that she looks like me, so he is "colourblind" to age right now.  And he loves to give me flowers and hugs.  They are and always will be my boys, so in the end it doesn't matter what my age.  They're mine, I gave birth to them, and I love them.  That matters more than age.

What I can do for them is to take care of myself the best I can so that I can lead a long and healthy life.

Am not sure what am having. I have 3 girls and they are want a little sister not a brother. I thinknits a sisterhood thing . Have raised girls and wouldn't mind another but for my husband's sake I wish it could be a boy so that he has company when us girls go onto our girlstuff but he says he is happy with with either. So am in a dilemma to know or not to know and just let it be a surprise. Am not having a shower coz am in a new place and don't have my family or friends around so I have to summon all my energy now to buy buy buy before my body gets worn out. I really  fell in love with the ladies and am happy to belong. Thanks lots.
Thanks journeyjojo for sharing with me your experiences,  feelings and reflection. I do think also about how my baby will feel when older,  looking at other moms of friends but on the other hand yes my baby will have it easier then older siblings coz am mellower,  I no longer worry about small things,  I weigh things more. I fear that as the only small child in the house s/ he will be spoiled and I fail as a mom.

What has also been worrying me is mortality issues,  as we age our bodies weaken and i wonder if i will be there for my child,  but that sounds morbid - but they are thoughts that come to me. 2 years ago I had a mammogram and the initial results scared me and I worried about my kids. I know that it can happen at any age but knowing that as we grow older we are more prone to certain diseases affects my perspective.

Am trying to take each day as it comes and just enjoy the smell of flowers without worrying a lot.  I have learnt to count my blessings and see my baby as one of them,  thanks to our forums and, just sharing ideas and opinions. I do have days that I feel great and some that are not as great, which I think is normal with so many hormones coursing through my body. Otherwise mentally am getting there and hopefully the nesting instinct kicks in coz am just 10 weeks away from seeing my baby.

Thanks lots for walking with me through this journey.
Hi, am 45 and pg w/ my 3rd.  Had 1st at 39 and 2nd at 43.  We haven't told any of our family and only a couple of friends because its scary at this age w/ all the neg. stats, but have finally made it to the 2nd tri and will start sharing our good news soon.  Its funny; my age didn't really bother me at 43 but it does more now.  I worry more about what people are going to think than if I will be around.  My mom had me at 43(dad-53) and I had her around til I was 39, passing when she was 83.  I have friends who lost their mom's when they were in their 50's and 60's and had less time than I did; you never know what's going to happen.  I have an aunt who's 96 and her sister is 103 and my dad lived to 93 so I'm hoping for good genes.:)  I think we need to worry less; our kids are much wanted and will be loved and well taken care of and everything else is up to fate.  And thinking back, I don't remember ever being embarrassed that my mom was older; she was just my mom.  Its funny, my DH is 10 yrs younger and my 5 yo keeps telling me, Mom you're younger than dad aren't you. Ha, ha.  Best wishes to all us old fogies!
Hi All,

Wanting to join your group..I am 42 and 19 weeks preg with my first. :)
I send you a note
I know what some of you mean, I keep thinking.."Geez, I will be 62 when my child is 20!" And I look at some 60 yr olds, and they seem pretty old to me. My mom is 58, and I see a lot of age in her. Maybe this baby will keep me young. I hope so anyways.
Now the shock for me is wearing off and somehow feel blessed. Am sure we will be just fine. Am busy now preparing for my baby and everyday brings its own joys and a sense of anticipation.
I am so glad to hear the shock has worn off!!!  You are very blessed!  I cannot wait to hear your little bundle is here safe and sound :)
Hi there and congrats! I am 41 preg confirmed at 5 weeks. Hubby and I are so happy as well as surprised...we have a 21 year old graduating from college this year....LOL God has a plan and is in control. We had 2 mc (2006 & 2008), so i truly believe that this baby is a promise from God to both of us. We are delighted!! Best wishes!
Its amazing and just happy for you.  How many weeks are you now? While I was in a daze for most of my preg during 1st and 2nd trimester the past 2 weeks have been good and I think am ready for baby. I too have a child in college and a high school one. Keep us posted on progress.
Hi there im knew to this forum I'm happy for your outcome. I am presently getting ready to transfer frozen doner eggs.
How did your doctor prepare your lining; where i'm being looked you have to have at least 7 plus lining for the embroys to stick on the lining.

Thanks for your support; its been my dream to be a mom for many years; this is one of the reasons why i joined this support group to get info.

Estrace is usually used, pills or patches.  Yes, they like to see your lining over 8mm, but I have seen many ladies successfully conceive with less.  Good luck on your transfer!!!  Has it been scheduled?  
You will be perfectly fine! I had my little munchkin in July 2012 at the age of 43:) He is now 9 months old and so much fun! His name is Jake and he has a sister who is 10 and a brother who is almost 14. They adore their baby brother and he, them! It is actually really neat to share him with my older kids. They are experiencing things that most kids to get to experience with a sibling. I think it has given them an appreciation for babies which will last a lifetime. You will have plenty of energy! Eat well and take care of yourself! I wouldn't change having my little guy at this time in my life for anything! :)
You know my mind is in a better place now and all because of the many inspirational experiences pple have shared with me. Am now confident,  carrying my baby with pride,  checking for movements occassionally. I have been a healthy eater so it helps. The only problem with this pregnancy is that I don't get hunger cues still, so I forget to eat sometimes but baby seems good. Thanks for the encouragement.
I am 40 and 12 weeks pregnant with a sixteen year old.
Grace358 commented on hansen20's status
Grace358 commented on KeeLolo's status
Grace358 commented on TinaR10's status