TTC Over 40 User Group
IVFers over 40 for March/April??
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
412 members

IVFers over 40 for March/April??

I'm having IVF starting at the end of March.  This is my first one so I'm really nervous and would love to share this journey with someone!!
I have a FET scheduled for this Thursday (St. Patrick's Day).  When is your transfer scheduled?
I am using DE but hope to be on a March/April schedule.  I have a test Wedneday and then I wll know.  SSBD to you all.
Mine isn't scheduled yet. I'm starting the whole cycle when my AF shows up at the end of March. Have you done IVF Before??
What test are you having done Globetrot??
I am having a 3-d ultrasound.  I have a dent at the top of my uterus.  I have been going to my RE for a year- and now for some reason NOW I need a test.  He thinks I may have a septum- but what I have seen in the images do not look like what I have seen online for a septum.  I am a little fruestrated about that but who can argue with getting tests that could help me get (and stay) pg!  Still, I will require surgery if I do so I need to know. Thx.
Globetrot. Too bad you couldnt get that test done earlier. What kind of fertility treatments have you tried so far?
Ltllitig8r good luck on your transfer!!! Is this s fresh transfer?
I had to go straight into DE- it is the first thing I have done!  We have had a couple of failed cycles- but I am very optomistic and hopeful.  I have had to explain to my nurse I few times I don't know the lingo or process!  

We ordered the meds for the donor today!  Hurrah!  One step closer.  We are in the process of syncing (sp?) our cycles so it will still be a couple of weeks before we know our schedule.

Hopeful- how are you doing? Hopefully it will be the end of the month before we know it!
That's great!! It's so nice to get the process started!! I'm hanging in there. A little stressed with what to tell work. I'm covering for someone who just left and they are hiring soon but it's a really bad time to be off. So I'll tell them it's a medical procedure but it's hard to pin down a date since it can change. And if I give them a date and it changes I won't know what to say. I really wish I could take some vacation days but there is no way they would approve it right now. How have you handled this??
I have said the same- medical procedure- and I have a male boss so throwing in 'for a female issue' keeps him from asking too many questions!!!  Telling them your dr does not want you to wait to do this may help too- you aren't trying to go on a cruise so it is not really a vacation!  Do you have sick time?  Can you use that?  

You will get your general schedule when you start your cycle- w/DE I have to be synced so that makes it trickier.  I am sure it is the same in that you do not have an exact date since your body will respond in it's own way- right?  If you get post-poned- just say you had a test come back that they need to get straightened out before they can do the procedure and it will take a couple of days.  You might talk to your nurse too- she has probably heard this before- if nothing else it will help her appreciate your situation.

Thanks Globetrot. I do have sick days so hopefully they will let me use those. There are 3 days that are really bad to be off so I'm tempted to say those so that my boss is ready for worse case scenario and tell her that I'm trying to change the dates but wouldn't know until last minute. Do you think that would work? Hopefully the retrieval lands on a weekend so I won't have to call in sick at the last minute to make things all work out but I will if I have to!!
You can always have "pink eye" or food poisoning if you need off at the last minute.  I sound like the world's worst employee, don't I?!?!?!?
Just talk to you nurse and get her to write up basic calender and then understand it can fluctuate based on your body's response to the meds.  

I am having surgery on Friday to fix my dent!  The nurse said this would not put me off schedule with my donor- she is on bcp for the next couple of weeks while we sync up.  There are also going to do a biopsy of a fibroid- the word biopsy brings it's own set of stresses- but everything I have found on line says fibroids are begnin (sp?) I suppose they have to for liabilities sake!  

Keep me posted!
Thanks Globetrot! I'm feeling much less stressed about it now that I have a few scenarios up my sleeve :)
Glad the dent will be fixed. Is that a difficult surgery and will you recoup quickly?? Yup it's the same for me. No fixed dates because it first depends on when AF shows up, then how my body responds to stims. We are meeting with the nurse tomorrow and paying our fees (yikes). Getting really excited now!!! Good luck with your surgery!
I will be so glad to get this over with.  Luckily I go early in the morning! Thanks for the well wishes!
Hi ladies,
I am just coming off of a failed embryo transfer, and am waiting for a consult with my Doc to determine what to do next.  I have 8 embryos frozen, so I have options.  I've done 3 or 4 IUI's, one IVF with my eggs, and this last DE fresh embryo cycle....and I was pregnant!  For like 4 or 5 days..A chemical pregnancy they call it.  So..I'll be starting at the end of April or later into May, depending on AF...and my school schedule.  It has been kind of stressful with work, and who to tell and all that, so I'm thinking summer may be better for me...Trying to remain optimistic...Good luck to you all!
Thanks Mommiesoon!! I can't imagine how frustrating that must be to have a chemical pregnancy. You get so excited for the BFP then get your hopes dashed. I have never seen a BFP in 2 years of trying :( so when will you know when your transfer will be? How many did they transfer last time?
I am just healing, staying on BCP and waiting to hear from my nurse for when my donor is synced.  I don't think there will be any follow up to my surgery.  I guess the nurse will call me to stop bcp, af and then into my cycle!  I am so hopeful for us all.

I had to see if there was any progress for you ladies.  Looks like we are all waiting!
Okay- I have a schedule I am April into May!  DE Retrieval (hopefully) will be the first week of May!  Hope you all are doing well.  SSBD my friends!
Wow that's great Globetrot!! May will come quickly. I just got started today with my Gonal F injections. Back for bldwrk and US on Saturday!
Can I join?

Hopefulcb, I know I'm in another thread with you already : )

I want to see how things play out for you Globetrot!  I am Sooooo excited for you!  You have been sooooo patient! : )  

Mommysoon-Sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy.  This next time will be successful!  Hang in there!

ltllitig8r- You've already gotten your BFP... so I'll just say Congrats again!!! : )

As for me, waiting to hear when I start progesterone (I've been on estrace) to bring on AF, then I'll have a timeline!  

I hope we all get our BFP's!!! : )

SSBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course MHV!! I don't think this one is as busy as the other one!! Where are all the IVFers over 40??? :)
Hey Ladies, I guess this is where I belong?!  I am on day 7 of stims, I went in for my 4th u/s tomorrow morning and the Nurse thinks I may trigger tomorrow night (4/3), which would make my ER on Tuesday April 5th.  My lining is 11.9, my Estradiol level today was 1765, and I have 15 follies over 10mm ranging in size from 10.5 - 14mm.  This is my first IVF and I am getting really nervous.  I have so many questions I have yet to ask my RE.  Can I work the day after my ER?  How many days of bed rest after ET?  I am due to travel on business April 12th, only an hour flight, but can I still do that?  Oh boy, starting to freak out a little bit!

Oh, and the thought of starting those Progesterone shots is giving me nightmares :o(
I am really fearing the POI's too!!!  Gulp!
It sounds like your stimming well!  Can't wait to see how many eggs they retrieve!!!!  

Hopeful!  That's for the welcome!!!!!
I start lupron this week!!!!

Thanks Mel- I HAVE been patient and I appreciate you acknowledging that- even if my RE doesn't!  I thought they should have bought me a present or had a cake for my 1 year anniversary with them- but they didn't.  lol

Babydreamr- the progesterone scares the crap out of me too- there is no other way to say it.  I love my DH but the thought of him giving me a shot- well it freaks me out.  AND he travels quite a bit for business so I have NO idea what my back up plan is!!!!  I need to make friends with a nurse- fast!  I  guessthe progesterone in oil comes in thinner varieties- but the stuff I have looks like syrup. argh.  I was inventorying my supplies today and when I opened up that it really bothered me.  It will be okay.

I am very excited for all of us!  SSBD my friends!
BTW- You should talk to your RE asap about the travel.  I was told I could not fly at all until after the first trimester.  Maybe it will be different since it is a short flight.  Maybe you can get some medical excuse.  Keep us posted.  SSBD!
Yipppeee!  I am so excited for you! : )
Bring on the lupron shots! : )

As for me, my RE is aware that I will be flying, and they just want me to wait 24 hrs after transfer to do so.  I will actually be flying to Vegas in the middle of May for a very close friends wedding, so I guess I will ask about that...

Hugs!
Just wanted to say good luck to you ladies and I hope you all get your miracle babies from this cycle :0)

A round of baby dust for all of us! On me, hehe ;0)
Baby : did you have your retrieval yet?? How did it go??

Globetrot: I didn't even know Progesterone came in injection form. I've been taking the pill form. What's the difference with the two??

Cher; thank you so much for your encouragement!! You're doing injections with IUI right?? What meds are you taking?? How are you finding the shots??

I go in for my day 7 ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. I only had 3 follies on my day 5 ranging from 1.0-1.4 so I was a little disappointed, but we'll see what happens tomorrow!!
The difference is a dang huge needle that you have to give yourself everyday in the butt! ugh!  I am really scared about that!!!  That needle is HUGE!
But, seriously, what I have learned, through my time on here and talking with 3 clinics on my own, is that each clinic thinks their method is better.  Weither it be pill,shots, or suppository form, it's just their preference.  i have done both the pill (which I really liked) and the suppository(which I didn't).... but the new clinic I will be going to uses the injection... and I am scared to death! ugh!  but, I will find a way to do it.  Somehow!

Let us know how you appt goes today!!!  Don't be disappointed!  Quality over quantity, and it only takes one!!! :0)
Please know if you are doing injections- the projesterone in oil comes in thinner varieties.  I WISH I would have known this sooner!  I have all of that in the same bag- I sweat even when I just have to touch it.  I have heard using ice helps- and then a heating pad helps it. First one to progesterone wins!  and then you have to tell the rest of us how to avoid the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes.  Lupron is a cake walk.  I am ready to get started BUT I have a flight booked at 7 am- so that means leaving the house at 5:20- and I will be on a different time zone that is an hour off- and I think you are supposed to take them with-in the same hour every day- so I am not sure how that is going to work out!!!!!!!!  I am of to go see my Mom- one last time before my cycle really gets going.  Then I won't see her for a few months- since I am planning on a BFP!  ;0)    We are not telling anyone what we are doing- less people to be disappointed if things don't go as planned.  I am trying to figure out how/when I will give myself my shots and store the lupron in the fridge.  Maybe i will hid it in a yogurt container since I am the only one who likes it!  I am hiding drugs from my parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sounds illegal!  

SSBD my friends!  Happy April!
MHV: Thanks for your encouraging words as usual. I'm trying to focus on that. The U/S was a bit better today but not sure if it will all work out. I had 6 follies total. 3 bigger ones at (0.8, 1.2 and 1.6 and 3 smaller ones). I'm hoping things will continue to progress as 6 would definitely be nice. But, we'll see what happens. You're so right! It only takes 1!!
Yikes! I'm so glad I will be on the oral Progesterone. I have enough of the other 3 injections! That one sounds painful! Will your DH be giving you your shots? Or do you have a nurse friend??
Globetrot: haha. Hiding drugs from your parents!! That's hilarious!! Good thought on the yogurt container though, especially if they don't like it!! Good luck!!
I'm going back for another U/S tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed!!
Hi Everyone, sorry I have been MIA, but couldn't find this thread the another night!  My ER is tomorrow at 10AM.  I have 16 follies as of Sunday 4/3 measuring from 11.5 to 15mm, so not sure what will be ripe for retrieval.  My Estradiol level Sunday was 2700 and my lining was 13.

The HCG shot used the same needle as the Progesterone :o( ....so I had my hubby ice the heck out of the injection site first - for 5 minutes - and guess what - I didn't even know he stabbed me. It was over before I knew it.  Of course, my butt hurt like hell later on.

MHV: Good luck, getting closer :o)
Hopefulcb: Its amazing how follies seem to pop up out of no where, but you are right, it only takes ONE winner!  Good luck and let us know!
Globetrot: Sounds like a plan! You can always take off the label and tell them it is some kind of dermalogical treatment!

Good luck ladies, April is HERE!!!!
Globetrot-
Do you know the variety this is thinner?  How do I find that?  I think I am going to opt to do the smaller needle first (23gauge, instead of 22) just to see if it hurts less.  My friend Jess(jessting) told me that it takes longer to get the meds out with the 22, but I think I can more realistically give my self that shot then the with the 23gauge.  I am seriously having anxiety about that dang shot! haha!

Your story made me laugh on the lupron!!  I went shopping with my girlfriend the last time I was one it, and had to give myself the shot in a deserted parking lot! haha!  She kept saying "gee what am I going to tell the officer when he comes up and knocks on the window and your shooting up!"  it was really funny!!!!

Baby-  
Sounds like everything is moving along perfectly for you!  How exciting!!!!

The clinic is still waiting to receive my images from my mid cycle scan (should be today!).  As soon as the get that, I'll start prometrium : )

Hi all, had my ER today and guess what, they got 23 eggs!  Now my RE cautioned me that not all of those will fertilize (thank goodness, that's way too many), but he was very happy with the response.  They put me out for the retrieval and i don't remember anything until I woke up in recovery.  I was in lots of pain after and was given Demerol, but all I have now is Tylenol.  I am still very sore.  Not moving far from the couch, that is for sure.

My ET is on Friday 4/8.  I am very nervous about what happens from here, but praying for the best.

MHV: Sounds like you are just days away now!
Whoo! That's alot of eggs! : )  congrats!  Can't wait to see how many fertilize!!  
That's great Baby!!! Keep us posted on how many fertilize!! I'll be checking to see!!!! Just curiious, are you going back to work tomorrow or too much pain from the retrieval?? My RE said I could but just want to be prepared in case.

MHV: things are getting started soon!! That's so exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear!!

Things are moving along slowly for me but in the right direction. I have 4 good follies 1.0-1.8 and several smaller ones. No trigger yet. They actually upped my dose if Gonal F tonight. U/S again tomorrow!!
I am at my folks and my internet connection is SLOW- have to teather to my blackberr.  Anyway- I had to check in.  Lupron went fine- for my 1st shot my nurse said it was okay if the timing was off but I should try to keep them in the same 2 hour time period every day.  Today's shot was in my childhood bedroom while I was sitting on my childhood bed!  This is going to be an inconvenient secret to keep this week!

I am thrilled for everyone's progress.

Babyd- I will be thinking about you!  Sounds like things are going really well.  Sorry about the pain.  I always think when these treatments are painful- it is okay because it is preparing me for labor!

Hopeful-I am glad things are proceeding for you!  How exciting! Keep us posted!

Mel- you are on your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stickiest of baby dust to you all!  I will be thinking about you all and check in when I can!  
I started prometrium last night!  10 days, then call with cd1!  It's getting closer! : )
Hi there,

I've not visited this board for a while and hope I can join this thread. I had egg retrieval yesterday. 7 eggs and today got the call that 6 have fertilised. I've always hoped for about 5 embryos so we're on track so far. I'm 43 so I am well aware the odds aren't great.
The pain yesterday was fine. The worst things so far for me have been the headaches while on the bcp (which is the reason I gave them up years ago).
It's funny, I have been thinking of this as a procedure to get through to help me move on to accepting no second baby for us. It's like my one last try. I am trying hard not to let hope push her way into my life. The opposite of thinking positively. I hope it doesn't ruin things.
Globetrot: how long are you on the Lupron for?
Hopefully you're able to sneak out ok to do your drugs :)

MHV: that's so great!!!!!!!!! You are so on your way. It's so nice to get started isn't it!!

Pum: 6 fertilized! That's wonderful news. Are you doing 3 or 5 day transfer and how many are they transferring??

I took my trigger shot tonight for ER on Friday. Total of 4 follies ranging from 1.2-1.7 on today's U/S. I'm a bit disapointed I didn't get more but we'll see what happens!!!
Hi Everyone, got the call today that 18 fertilized.  I am happy the results are good, but still nervous about the whole thing.  I am still in a lot of pain, but my nurse says it is only because I had so many eggs - which results in extra pokes - and that can be very painful. Besides the pain, I still have a little bleeding.

I could not go to work today, but may try to work a few hours tomorrow.  ET is scheduled for Friday 4/8, then 3-4 days of strict bed rest.

MHV - Are you doing the monster shots?

Hopeful - Woo hoo!  All I can tell you is that when you wake up and they tell you how many eggs they got, it was like when the Dr announced "It's a girl/boy!"  Keep us posted!

Pum-I know exactly how you feel, it's like being afraid to dream

Globtrot- You are a week away from trigger - tops!
Hopeful: They are doing a 3 day transfer and will transfer 2. We are doing assisted hatching. I hope your collection goes ok. Be kind to yourself.

Babydreamer: 18 fertilised is amazing. That gives you a lot of options. My big day is Saturday. Is bed rest recommended? I was just going to take it easy but i will take any excuse to lie around and be waited on. I only didn't go to work as I couldn't drive for 24 hrs but it's back to work tomorrow.
Baby-That's Awesome!! : )   I am so excited for you!  Friday is quickly appoaching!  How many will you transfer?

Yep, I guess I will be doing the Monster Shots.  I am going to try and use a smaller needle.  A 23 guage instead of a 22.  I heard it takes alot long to get out of the syringe, but I think I can actually give myself that shot.  The 22 is just SO big!  ugh!

Hopeful- We are all rooting for you!  It only takes one!  : )

Baby: thanks for the heads up. I'm so nervous for tomorrow and hope it all goes well and I don't ovulate early or something. Can't wait to find out how many they will get from my 4 little follies. Is it usually 1 egg per follie? I took all week off next week so I'm ready for either 3 day or 5 day transfer in case. Good luck tomorrow with your transfer!!!
Pum: that is the plan for me as well depending on how it goes. Are you doing ICSI as well?
MHV: sounds like a good plan. The smaller the needle the better!! I'm hoping for a good night's sleep and keeping my fingers crossed that I have at least a few eggs to increase my chances but you're right, it only takes one and it's out of my hands now!!
hey girls .. am I too late to join this thread .. I was on another over on the fertility board with my IVF's last year but have stayed pretty quiet this time round .. now that my retrieval has happened I'm kind of feeling the need for some support!

I had a big cyst on one of my ovaries that slowed follie growth a bit so I was happy that we got 4 mature eggs and 3 smaller ones yesterday.  Now the nerveracking wait to see how many fertilised .. then more waiting!  aaargh!
to answer an earlier post- I think you need to talk to your nurse about the thinner progesterone since it is an rx!  Hope this helps!  They sent me 2 needles- one to suck it out of the bottle with and one for the jab- although it looks like more than a jab!!!  I might see if there are any you tube videos with suggestions.

Thinking of you all.  My connection here it toooooooo sssslllllloooowwwww so I won't be posting notes on your pages until I get back.  SSBD all!  Hope you all get what you want and need this week!  Please know I am thinking about you all!

L
Hello Toni, wishing you lots of support and prayers for this ivf, I too am taking the plunge and going for a 4th and has to be final(unless we win the lottery!)ivf in early June.
Dont know about you but I have been taking some medicines that women and some dr's on these sites recommend for egg production and quality, dhea, royal jelly and agnus castus, I only get a couple of eggs to fertilize then on about day 11-13 of 2ww, they come away, so am trying all I can and we will see in June. My best wishes and hope you get some fertilized eggs, and that they stick, melissaxx.
hey mel ... good to hear your progress in deciding to go again .. it is a big financial decision but hopefully one that will be well worth while!

I just got the news that 5 out of 7 eggs fertilised so I am happy with that .. I had a big cyst on my left ovary that hampered follicle growth a little so it's good to get a result .. hoping they now continue to grow!

I haven't taken dhea or royal jelly but have been on agnus for a while now and it really balances me out.  I also take CoQ10, fish oil, vitamin E, B complex, baby aspirin and calcium + magnesium .. I rattle!!  the days will fly by till you start again.
Well done on getting a good number of fertilized follies but how strange you saying about your cyst hampering follie growth, on my last, 3rd ivf in October, I too had a largish cyst 3cm on right ovary and didnt produce good follies, only 2 fertilized and only 1 viable to go  back. Really hoping I produce better this June, would love to be able to put back more than 1 and better cell division. Again I send my prayers that this will be YOUR time, lots love melissax
Tones99: 5 out of 7 is great. I had 6 fertilise but today they told me that 2 are 4 cell (as is ideal) but 1 is a 3 cell, and 2 are 8 cell. Maybe another was 5 or 6, can't remember. I went into a blur. He said this is unusual for day 2 but if they grow to blast they will freeze them. I can't find much on line apart from if they grow too fast or too slow that is not a good thing. At least I have the two good ones to go in tomorrow.

Hopeful: I'm not sure if we're doing ICSI? is that where the sperm is injected in or is it assisted hatching? I believe we're doing both of those.

Has anyone else become a bit foggy brained? I had an all day meeting today and acted really dumb. I have been off this week but sheeeshh. Maybe it's the progesterone giving me baby brain already.
Tones: that's great! 5/7 is good odds. When will you find out more. Are you doing 3 or 5 day transfer?

Globetrot: thanks for the support! I hare slow connections!! Get back to us when you can!!

Mel: I was taking coenzyme Q 10 until my trigger on the advice of my RE. hopefully it will help.

Pum: 6 is great!! yes we are doing ICSI (direct sperm injection) and assisted hatching as well. I'm a but groggy since I just had the retrieval this AM but don't start the Prigesterone pills until tomorrow so we'll see.

Baby- how did the transfer go????
Baby-How is bed rest treating you?  How many did you transfer back??  And, how many did you get to freeze?  Sending you tons and tons of baby dust!!!

Pum-  How exciting!  Your transfer is tomorrow!! : )   I hope you have several to freeze!  That's always a nice reassurance : )

Tones-Glad your here : )    5 embies is great news!!!  Congrats!  Now, divide embies divide!  When will you know if you are doing a 3 day or 5 day?

Globetrot-Thanks for the info on the progesterone.  I just thought if there was a name I could give her... she might be willing to get that one! haha! Maybe I'll call the pharmacist and see what he recommends... Is the needle you use to draw it out a 22guage (longer)?  And then you give your shot with the 23guage (shorter)?  Just curious.  

In my groggy state I forgot to say we had 4 eggs!! Will find out about fertilization tomorrow!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Congrats!!!!  I can't wait to hear they all fertilized! :o)   Fingers and toes crossed!!!

****************************BABY DUST BLIZZARD****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Thanks ladies, today they transferred 3, 8 Cell Grade 1 embyo's (that is their highest rating).  I have been on the couch all day and loving that DH is waiting on me hand and foot!
Hopeful - Woo hoo, all those little ones will fertilize, I just know it!!
MHV- Congratualtions on your awesome embies and 90% success rate!
Tones - Yay on the 5 embies!! You will be preggo soon!
Pum- Good Luck with your transfer!

All such great news, I predict 100% success rate from this thread!!
Babydreamr: that is great. I had 2 transferred. Not sure of the grade but both 8 cells. One looked a bit dodgy. They told me to just act normally so I am, sitting on the couch surfing. Ha ha. I will go for a walk soon.
Hopeful: I hope your 4 all fertilize.
Tones: What day do you transfer?
MVH: keep on trucking.
2  3 day transfers of 8 cell embies = 2 BFP's!!!  Congrats ladies!  You will both be getting BFP's!  I just know it!!  Take it easy and don't let the 2ww drive you to crazy!  

Sending Sticky Baby Dust to Both of You!!!!!
Bad news on my end here... 3 of my 4 eggs were immature and the one that was did not fertilize yet. The embryologist said he would call us tomorrow to let us know if it does, but I'm really not that hopeful as don't they usually fertilize by this time? I'm so sad and feeling that my dreams are fading away....
Hopeful-I posted in your journal- please hang in there!  I am praying your egg fertilizes- just takes ONE!!!!!  Hugs to you.  I am sorry you are sad.

I am still at my parents- until next Tuesday.  Mom's nurse found my Lupron!!!!!!!!!!  BUT she won't tell on me.  We have a good relationship.  I just told her I don't want anyone to know because I do not want them to be disappointed if it does not work.  I did not go into many details other than we were trying IVF- she does not need to know about it being a donor cycle!!!!!!!!!!  My Dad found my ice pack and container in the freezer!  But I just said it was mine and he did not ask anything more- whew.  

Last BCP is tonight- it has been 2 months since I have seen dear AF- so I am dreading her visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I have been through 2 pill packs non-stop!

As always- I am hoping and praying you all get what you want and need this week!  Thank you for the support and friendship.  It is funny to think I could be next to you at a store and not know you- but on here I know so much about you.  Hang in there ladies.  I heard an interesting thing on a fertility podcast- your body is aware of what your mind thinks- so I am myself am working on a positive outlook!

Now, I gotta go put my Mom down for her nap!  SSBD friends!!!!!!!!
mel 1414... I think having a cyst definitely doesn't help .. I hope you get completely checked out before your next round to make sure that you're clear!

Pum .. having 6 fertilise is great .. there are normally quite a few that drop off as the days go by but you really just want to have a few good quality ones at the end which sounds like you had!  good luck on those two growing strong and healthy!

mhv - I am doing a 5 day transfer if they make it .. I will find out tomorrow how they are doing and then the transfer will be tuesday if one has made it!

babydreamr - that's so exciting that you have 3 little ones in there hopefully implanting and growing strong .. will look out eagerly for your result.  I have had my DH waiting on me as well .. isn't it great!

hopefulcb - I am so sorry about fertilisation .. it is such a stressful time waiting to see what's happened every day!  I hope that your last little one is just a slow starter!

globetrot - that's exciting that you are onto the next step with the process .. no more BCP woo hoo!

I am feeling nervous about phoning to get an update tomorrow and kind of thinking I should just wait until I go in for my transfer on tuesday to find out, but I know myself and just want to see how my little ones are going  .. less of a shock if they're not doing well

good luck everyone!

Hopeful: so sorry to read your news.

Tones: not long to go now.

Of course now I wonder when I will feel any symptoms. I think that implantation won't be for 2 more days at least so no reason to have any yet. i've been feeling a bit low mood. Is that the progesterone? Maybe just the stress of ending all the procedures or maybe it's the stopping of bureslin. I found that stuff great for my mood. I hope that means menopause is going to be ok for me.
Hopeful: so sorry to read your news.

Tones: not long to go now.

Well the last egg did not fertilize so cycle was cancelled. I'm so sad. But, I'm still rooting for all you ladies!!! Can't wait to see some positive news!!!
Awww... I am so sorry!  I can imagine how upset you are.  I am so sorry.  Do you know what your next plan will be?  Maybe another clinic? (i have learned not all clinics are created equal)... Please know you in my thoughts!

Send you tons of hugs!!!!!
oh I am so sorry!!  will they change the protocol for your next round .. one thing I have learnt through all this that every cycle is different .. I have had 3 fresh cycles now and they have all had different results .. my 2nd cycle had much better results than my first so hopefully this will be the case for you!
Hopeful- I don't know what to say.  I am so sorry.  I was really hoping that last little egg would be THE one.  The good news is, you HAVE eggs!!!  Did your RE say anything about them being immature- or can they not tell until after retrieval?  I apologize- I do not know much about that part of the process.  Hope you are doing okay.  Hugs to you my friend and keep us posted!
I'm very sorry to hear that hopeful.

Take care of yourself.
well it's now done .. had my transfer this morning of one little embie that looked good .. unfortunately none of the others were at blast stage but 2 were still growing so they are going to grow them another day (day 6) to see if they get to blastocyst .. hoping they do!  but at least we got one after the worry of the cyst affecting my chances.

hope everyone else is going ok and that you're looking after yourself hopefulcb .. it is such a hard process to go through!
It certainly is a hard process, and receiving negative advice really has put me back, was at my Dr's today and talking with two other ladies, one who has had ivf the other who hasnt, both said almost bluntly I have no chance of a 4th time success, throwing away money, I am too old(i am 41), eggs very poor as I told them my previous experiences, and just be greatful that I have our son(as if I'm not). The lady who had ivf, tried 3 times and miscarried twice, she is 43. I did ask them honestly what they would do if they were me, and got  I suppose advice I didnt like. Now I'm all over the place again. Anyway Toni, sorry that was my day, fantastic for you, you have a good strong embie back where it belongs and 2 may be frozen. My best wishes and support for the dreaded 2ww, take care and take it easy Melissax
Congrats!!!  I am praying for that lil embie!!!  Grow baby Grow!  I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and sending you tons and tons of sticky baby dust!!!!!

I am sorry you heard that news today.  I know when we get over 40, it is so hard.  We were never told as youngsters that we couldn't conceive easily in our 40's.
I just know how badly you want another child.
I know I have mentioned this to you before, but I have to throw it back out there 1 more time.  You have limited funds, and tons of love and want for another child.  Maybe, just maybe you should look into donor eggs.  You would have such a high chance of success, and it would be your husbands bio child, and you would carry the baby, nuture the baby, feel the baby kick, and give birth to the baby.  
It just seems to me that you want another child so badly (like all of us) and I would hate to see you loss your life savings, and walk away empty handed.  I know on other post you said your doctor hadn't mentioned this to you... but maybe if you mention it to him.  Some doctors don't mention it because they don't know if your interested.  But they sure keep taking your $.  

Anyway, I hope you figure out the right path for you and your husband.  You are a wonderful woman, and mom.  You deserve to have another child.

Hugs!
Thank you so much for this advice. I spoke with the nurses at my clinic and they said the chances of success are higher as the eggs are screened and much younger, better quality. Problem is my husband, he doesnt want to go down donor route just yet,so we are going to have this last cycle with my eggs and if we fail WILL THEN discuss egg donation route. We are not allowed to adopt until Alfie is at least 5! some rule about favouritism of the biological child if you adopt when your child is under 5. So I am doing every thing to maximise the quality of my own eggs and maybe we just produce that one good egg like we did when Alfie was conceived 3 years ago. How are you doing? my best wishes melissax  
hey girls ..thanks for your support!!  

Mel - don't listen to those stupid women in the waiting room .. how judgemental of them!!  only you know when it is time to give up .. not some strangers!  every cycle is different .. who knows, this could be the one that everything goes right and you get a strong embie .. none of us know!  I agree with MHV in that donor eggs are a good option when you're out of options .. I think that we would love an adopted child as much as our own, but if I could have the experience of carrying a baby it would feel like it was mine genetically.

My husband is not on board with the donor idea yet while we're still producing embies ourselves but I'm pretty sure if we exhausted our options, he would come around .. men are that bit behind us girls as its not their bodies that are going through all this and it takes a while for things to catch on!!

anyway .. I really hope we don't have to think of that just yet .. that this little one will be it!
Thanks for all your encouraging words everyone! We meet with the RE tomorrow to discuss, so we'll see what he says. I don't know why 3 of the 4 eggs retrieved were immature. I'm hoping you're right Tones and that the RE thinks another cycle is worthwhile and that we are more successful! So your ET is done!! Yay! Go little embie go!!! I'm saying tons of prayers for you that you get that BFP soon! When are you testing?
I tested this morning to make sure that the trigger was out of my body and it was .. I have told myself that I will next test on monday which will make it 11dpo but I know myself well enough to know that I will sneak one in tomorrow too at 10dpo .. hoping for a + in the next 3-4 days but if not we will start planning our next step .. hopefully won't have to though!

I commented on your journal .. great meeting with your RE!
OMG.... I sure hope the second line starts showing up! : )   I am so excited for you!  I'm rooting for you!  Bring home the BFP girlfriend! : )
I think DE is a great way to go- not a just a last resort.  In fact, I never even tried to use my eggs because I was worried about egg quality at my age.  It will be my dh genetic child and my biological one.  SSBD friends.
We didn't even try to use mine either : )
Tones: crossing my fingers for you.... bring on the BFP!! :)

MHV, Globetrot: Why did you make the decision to go straight to donor and not try your own? Just curious? I may have to look at that as well... but so far my RE thinks I have a chance with my own, so gotta try that out first.
Hope-
I was 44 when I walked through a RE's door for the first time.  There is a story to that too- but a variety of family matters kept me from being able to make this a priority until then.  I had a willing donor.  I had been off bcp for a few years before that- ttc- but not with the knowledge I have now!  After my exam- it seemed like going straight to DE gave us the best shot at a healthy baby.  I did not have the egg quantity or quality needed- and even if I did concieve (conceive) the potential for health issues with the baby scared me too much.  I can still have a child with issues- but the risk is not the same.  We ended up making the choice to use an unknown donor- my friend was reluctant to fill out the family health history and I was very uncomfortable with that.  It was a financial decision too- I did not want to waste money on IVF since I did not feel like I was a good candidate.  If I would have wanted to try- I know my RE would have done everything in his powers to make it happen.  My DH was on board with the donor situation- after all it will be his genetic child!  I am thankful for my donor and her generous spirit.  I am thankful for the technology.  I am thankful for my dh willingness to go through this.  It was the best choice for us.  I love the success stories from DE- gives me hope in a hopeless situation!

If I had a chance to use my own- I would.  I know there are women my age who are getting that bfp using their own eggs.  I am cheering them on- probably more than most.  I love a woman brave enough to defy odds!!!!!!!!!! AND it is happening on this site!

Whew...hope you are not sorry you asked!  SSBD all!  I hope we all get what we dream of- no matter what path we take to get there!
what a great story and very sensible of you to go straight to donor .. I hope it brings you success very very soon!

As my FSH is still OK (8.5) and I've only just turned 40, my clinic still believes that we will get there with my own eggs .. as soon as I am told that to explore other options then I will but until then I suppose we'll keep going down this road.

I think that the end result is really all that matters though and that is us all holding our babies in our arms and leaving this fertility rollercoaster behind once and for all!!!
My story is pretty much the same as globetrot.  Except I was a little over 40 when we walked through the door.  I had a known donor, but unfortunately, the RE "overcooked" her eggs, only making 2 viable.  I did get preggers, but unfortunately m/c'd.  Then the whole scarring/surgery thing took over my life, and 2 years later... bring on the donor embryos! : )
Thanks Tones.  I was hoping that did not read anyway other than what I meant it to!  

One of my 'happy places' (positive thoughts during negative circumstances!) is a reunion with all of us about 4 years from now at Disney (why disney- because I live in FL!) with our children and all of this just a distant memory!!!!!!!!!!!  I know that is not possible but it is a fun thought!  
What amazing moms we will be- we already have the patience thing down!  For now, I just look forward to us 'graduating' and moving into other forums together!  

I am so hoping you get your BFP soon! SSBD my friend!
Globetrot, MHV: thanks for sharing your stories with us. It's always interesting to see why people make the choices they make. I'm like Tones at this point and will keep trying with my own eggs for now, but it's so good to see that there is so much positive around donor eggs and embies. I'm still undecided if we will go that route if we need to and I don't think DH would be on board yet, but it's good to start wrapping your head around it in case.
Well, in the meantime, I'm patiently waiting for AF to start the next cycle - Lupron Flare protocol this time.  Hoping all is well for me to start and hoping for success!!
How are you Tones? Hanging in there waiting for that BFP to show up?? :)
Any updates, decisions, progress?!?!?!?!??!?!

I am just hanging out and working on my lining! lol We are aiming for the first part of May. Trying to give up caffiene this week.  

I am cheering you all on! SSBD my friends.
Yay! AF is here. Never thought I would ever say that :) IVF # 2 here I come!!
hey girls .. I have pretty much thrown in the towel for this round .. I have a nasty cold and migraine .. the migraine I only ever have with my miscarriages and when I have failed IVF's .. I think is the big shift of hormones trying to get rid of the embryo whatever stage it is at .. and my test today was another neg .. I have not felt that good throughout this cycle and just had the feeling that it wasn't going to work but have held out hope nonetheless ... now I am eager to get my af so that we can move on to the next cycle .. I have a feeling that my clinic will make me wait a few months .. hope not!

had a pig out on chocolate today and will probably have a few glasses of wine over easter (if af shows up) but after that it's back to ultra healthy .. and get back to exercise too .. I haven't been for months as I had a badly sprained ankle but now that is better I have no excuse .. got to get that blood flowing to those ovaries

globetrot, I will be right behind you early may and for you mhv and hopeful for when your cycles kick in there too!
I am so sorry if this is the outcome for this cycle, its not over till its over but you know your body better than anyone, hormones are funny old things, dont make sense half the time with my non- menstrual cycle, i.e i dont have periods due to low body weight so when having fsh and Lh taken it is never on day 3 as I dont know when day 3 is! had them done last week fsh 13 Lh 10 eostrogen 142 progesterone 43!  dr thinks this means i will actually have a period-first in years! but it hasnt come so i dont exepect it will, just hormones again. Sorry to rabble about myself, I know you must be feeling crap, lousy and low, hopefully you wont have to wait too long to begin another go(if you have to, hang in there may be a big surprise round corner) thinking of you as have been there 3 times before like you, my best wishes and support melissax
Hi all. Would love to join you?  A bit about myself.. am brand new to this board.  Still trying to find my way around.
I will be 40 in june.  TTC for 4 years.  2 ivf's.  A fresh in Oct , bfn.  a frozen April 1st. Bfp!  I do have 3 dd's from a previous marriage.  14, 13, 13.  This little bean is our 40 th bd present to each other ( both turning 40) and is due Dec 17th.

Sue
Hello and welcome, thats wonderful news! congratualtions, I am 41 and conceived naturally 3 years ago our son, have had 3 ivf's last year , 1 miscarriage and 2 negatives, and we are going for a 4th and final ivf in June, just trying to maximize our chances by taking dhea for egg quantity and quality, you are just a little younger, did you produce many eggs, what quality were they. I only produce minimal, 3-6 eggs, 3 fertilize and only 1 makes it.  best wishes again melissax
Tones-Girl, don't give up yet!  Lots of women think it ain't gonna happen and it does! : )   I am still rooting for you!    Sorry your not feeling well : (

Hopeful- Ha Ha!  Yep people in the infertility world are the only ones who are happy when AF arrives!

Alex- you are def. in the right place!!!   Congrats on your BFP!  That is wonderful wonderful news!!!!

Hugs  and sticky baby dust to all!!
thanks ladies.  was on ivfconnections.com but things have pretty much slowed to a halt over there.  Will be nice getting to know some other 'faces'.  I love hearing others journey's and stories.  Not an easy road, this ivf and ttc, but we all know how badly we want it too.
Sue
There's always tons of women her milling around... You won't get lonely : )
Hiya,

Just to let you know my test was negative. Not a huge surprise but still....

Will take a while to think about next steps but likely this is the end of the road for me. Looking on the bright side, going to go out and have a few wines tonight.

Good luck Tones. Hope things work out better for you than me.
I am so sorry to see your -.  Believe me, I know how devestating that is.  Take a few days and regroup.  Don't give up!  There are so many options.  

Enjoy you wine!

HUGS!
Oh Pum, I'm so sorry about your BFN. You must be so devastated. I really feel for you. Enjoy the wine, regroup and go from there. Were always here to support you.
Welcome Sue!! Congrats on the BFP!! I'm starting IVF #2. The first one no eggs fertilized but hopeful this one will be better with different protocol. So far Day 2 I already have 5 follies so we'll see what happens. Trying to stay positive but scared to death and hopefully won't have a repeat of last time.
Pum-
I never know what to say when this happens- but please know I am so sorry.  I have never gotten that far with a cycle but when I have had canceled cycles I have had to take a break- I usually have a big pity party- and then regroup.  
Hugs to you my friend.  Please keep us posted.
Thanks guys. I'm not sure there are many more options for us. I'm 43, IVF is expensive, adoption isn't really an option in this country (very few babies and the ones that are up for adoption are mainly Maori/Pacific island and those communities practice whangai care ie keep the children within the family). We could do foster care but my husband isn't keen. Too emotionally draining, tragic stories etc.
We'll keep trying naturally I guess. I'm ok. We have a lovely son so life it pretty great.
well as from yesterday when af arrived, I'm out this cycle too .. I knew in my heart it hadn't worked and had been a bit miserable all week so have dealt with it and am moving on to the next cycle

I'm so sorry that it didn't happen for you Pum!  sometimes putting IVF behind you and not having that extra stress works for some people to conceive naturally .. it hasn't worked for me but then I've never really completely left it .. always thinking of next cycle .. it is expensive here too but the government refunds a lot once you have spent a certain amount, so it makes sense to do more cycles in one year to get them cheaper.

good luck to everyone else .. I will be dropping in here regularly to check on your progress!
I hate this part.  To be cliche- it has taken the wind out of my sails.  We all start out together so hopeful- more than ready for those BFP.  God knows- after all we go through we deserve it!  Then little by little things happen.  Cycles are canceled or bfn.  It really is depressing.  I never know what to say when things do not work- you are my friends and I want so much for all of you- each of you to have your own healthy bundle of joy.  Yet- when it has been my canceled cycle- you all know exactly what to say.  I guess because we have all been then.  I am so proud of all of you and in awe of your strength.  I am so thankful for this site- for each of you.  Bless you all and thank you for your friendship!   SSBD to you.  May you all get what you want and need.

I heard the other day- if you are going to ask God for a blessing, you better start by thanking him for your blessings.  I count you ladies as a blessing.
I love your post.  Very well said.  And you may not know this, but you have lifted my spirits many times! Don't sell yourself short! you are a great source of strength!  

Ladies, we cannot give up! We will all make wonderful parents!  We have to get up, dust ourselves off, and keep trudging forward!  We just have too.  Just think how much we will appreciate our child(ren).

Hugs to you all!!!!
Thank you for that wonderful post! it made me feel alittle humble, sometimes I think should I just accept we were meant to have our little boy and our little boy only. Not keep trying for a sibling for him, we love him so much and he has brought us so much joy the yearning for another one is still there BUT I do know how lucky we are to have Alfie. I definetly always thank GOD for our miracle son(natural conception)-June will be our last try, my husband doesnt want to go down donor route and I have done everything I can to help with this cycle, dhea , royal jelly, starting acupuncture-thanks again for your post, it has lifted me this lovely sunny Good Friday morning in England. melissax
Hi ladies I am 43.5 and just had my first IVF which was unsuccessful. Have really only recently started ttc. I has 12 eggs but only 7 mature. All 7 fertilized but 2 were abnormal nucleus and 2 died :(   . By day three one only had 2 cells but I transferred two 8 celled embies that didn't take. I had the bad news this past Wed so now am waiting for AF. I meet with the doc next week to see what can happen. Everything is out of pocket for the most part and I have small fibroids that might grow so time is of the essence. I will try at least once more with my own egg but definitely open to donor embryo as I need to use donor sperm anyway.

Has anyone tried or considered microIVF? Any success with it?
I have never tried micro ivf, but just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck :)  you might want to check into donor embryo too, since you are open to it.  Just a thought.

I hope your journey to motherhood is short and sweet

Thanks. I just saw this thread and thought its appropriate too!
Welcome dancingmama!! What do you mean by micro IVF?? Is it the same as Microflare protocol?? That's what I'm doing now. I did one IVF cycle last month where I only had 4 eggs and 3 were immature and the last one did not fertilize so we are now on to cycle #2. The first one I did Ganirelix, Menopur and Gonal F (antagonist protocol). Now we're trying the microflare protocol with Lupron and Gonal F.  so far i have 6 small follicles at CD day 6. I'm hoping things will progress and they will grow togethr as last time I had 1 big one and smaller ones that never caught up.
It's so hard to atay positive through all this. Globetrot you can't imagine how my h you have lifted my spirits - all you ladies have and that's what keeps me going. Through all the triumphs and hopes and BFN's and failed cycles we are all here to rejoice with each other and support each other through the negative! We all have to stick together because we all know what each other is going through better than anyone else!!!
Hopefulcb - I think I meant mini-IVF and maybe some places call ot that too but it is supposed to be an alternative where you don't take as many stims and they are supposed to get like the one or two best eggs your body makes with the least amount of stims and the you do retrieval and transfer the same. The idea is that older eggs might endure a more close to normal environment better rather than all the expensive stimming to still get only one or two eggs. I think some say the embryo does better not being transferred back under all the stims still in the body?  I don't know. But it is half the price of traditional IVF and I saw another site where somebody was talking about it.

I am glad you got a new protocol. I am curious to hear what my doc thinks I should try when I go back on Wed.
Thanks all for the positive response to my post.  I care so much for all of you.  I guess I just wanted to explain why I never know what to say when things do not reach that much desired BFP.  

Speaking of- please send good thoughts my way.  I am getting closer- more than I realized.  I am feeling very paranoid and a little negative.  I have been to this point a couple of times and been canceled so I know where it is coming from.  CD 14 is Thursday, donor started stims at the end of last week.  I am hoping she is doing well and responding well.  I will know more after Thursday.  I am thankful my cycles have been canceled early- the less time/meds used the better!  But I am so hoping this is my turn.

SSBD to you all.
Dancingmama: ok I see what you mean. I don't know too much about it but I know a few people on here that have done it and ended up transferring 1 embryo with a BFP!! Can't wait to find out about your apt Wed! Keep us posted!!

Globetrot: think positive! This cycle  will be the one for you!!Yay!! Things are moving along well!!

I had my day 8 U/S today and now have 8 follies!! 5 are small (below 0.8) and 3 from 0.8-1.2. I hope this means things are going well as last time I gave myself the trigger on day 9!!! Back for U/S on Thursday!

How did your us go?  I spoke with my RE and another one and they both suggested similar protocol with estrogen priming. And one suggested growth hormone. Has anyone had that? Omnitrope or something like that? I asked about mini-IVF and I guess one doc said that it works best when the ovaries are resistant or something I forget now but at the time I thought maybe not for me this time. I am following up with the financial aspects especially because meds will be more now and then I will decide if I stay with old RE or go to new one. Mainly its cost. They are both very good.

Good luck everyone
Had egg retrieval today and they got 2 eggs. I'm really hoping they both fetilize and make it to transfer! This is my 2nd IVF and I'm a low responder to stims it seems (last one I only had 4 eggs and none fertilized). I've never taken growth hormone so not sure what that's all about. Perhaps someone else can help you with that.
Hope- So happy for you!  So happy your little eggs fertilized- praying for them to grow and stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me- Donor triggered today.  I am right behind Hopeful!  I start POI tomorrow.  Retrieval Thursday.  I am full of hope and anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mountains, blizzards of baby dust to you all!

I had my retrieval yesterday. 5 eggs. They called today and said that 3 are starting to divide. I will have the transfer on day 3 - Thursday if all goes well! Pray for me!! Should I have 3 eggs transfered or two?? BTW I am 42 and ttc for 14 years
thx
My RE would put in all 3...actually if all 5 were viable on day three, he would put them all in...I am 43. The chances of multiples in our age group are very very low but you have to go with your gut and  your RE advice...Considering that it is day 3 instead of day 5, I would put them all in if they are of good enough grades to transfer.
What was your medication protocol this time around?  Hoping all goes well for the transfer.
Thanks Globetrot!! Now waiting patiently for tomorrow for my transfer and hoping both of the little embies make it! I can't wait to hear how it goes with your donor tomorrow!! I'm so happy for you that things are right on track for you!!

Gymnast that's great. It's a tough call 2 vs 3. My RE said he does 2 max but I'm 40 so may be different in your case. Guess you have to ask yourself ultimately if you would be ok with triplets.

I would do 3!  Why not? : )    Good Luck!   Heck, we are using donor embies from 2 20 something year olds, and I would still like to do 3! haha! :)  

Globetrot- any word yet????  I can't wait to hear the news! : )
the suspense is killing me!  I am in waiting mode and will be all week- well the next 3 weeks plus if all goes well!!!!!!!!!!  and it sounds like I am not alone!!!!!!!  

I am waiting for my nurse to call, waiting for retrieval tomorrow, waiting to take my next pill or shot!!!!!! Then the wait for seeing how many eggs, how many fertilize, when we transfer, how many are viable!!!!!!!!!   AND waiting to hear how all you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling very blessed every moment and thankful I got this far- that we all have.  

Blizzards of baby dust my friends!
I am sorry, I didn't realize you were both going in for transfer today.  I wish you well and hope you have many happy thoughts today!!  I hope you both to be and feel blessed!  
globetrot and hopefulcub _ good luck with the transfers and the tww!
GOOD LUCK LADIES!!  I AM SPRINKLING BABY DUST ALL OVER BOTH OF YOU!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
let me jump in with my good luck too .. good to see that some of us are there already .. exciting stuff!!  You 2 will be the first through with a BFP .. I can't wait to see your good news
Just want to give my support too ,wishing you all the luck in the world and that you get your BFP's this cycle-I think of all you ladies going through the whole process even if I dont write so often with support. melissaxx
Thanks everyone!! It's gonna beca long TWW - Beta is May 17th. But, Im grateful for all of you for your support and hopefully to keep me sane while I'm waiting!!

Globetrot: hope all goes well with your ET tomorrow and you can join me!!!
We only had 3 fertilize and I am so disappointed.  I do not mean to be so ungateful- but I was really thinking my 24 year old donor would do better- I was not looking for 30- but I thought we would get 10 since we had 14 follicles.  Got 8, 6 were good- 3 fertilized.  Yesterday the Embryologist thought we might get lucky and get a couple more to fertilize- but that just does not sound likely to me.  I do not think I will have anything to freeze- so this is probably it for me if it does not work.  The last few days have shown me I am not as strong as a woman needs to be to do this!  I feel like my faith was tested and I have crumbled.  I am just not myself right now.

My transfer is tomorrow- Mother's Day in the States (I know some of you are on the other side of the pond- or pacific!)  Don't know whether to take it as a sign- or as bitter irony.

I am trying to get myself back to my optimistic and happy self- but it seems impossible- hormones are really effecting me!  I can't write anything without crying.

Thanks for the support.  Love and baby dust all.  

Hopeful- I am praying this is our time!  Bring on May 17th!
Hang in there! its not always quantity but quaility that counts and only takes that ONE good egg, so try be positive. wishing you all the baby dust I can and  do pray this is YOUR time lots love melissax
oh love .. I agree with Mel but I know how hard it is to stay positive all the time when your body is full of hormones! I hope that one of those little ones is as strong as an ox and will be checking in regularly to see your progress.
Globetrot; ill be thinking of you tomorrow! Hope you come back with great news and look back on this experience someday with a little one in your arms and think it was all worth it!

I'm at 4 DPT and hanging in there. I go back to work tomorrow which will be nice to keep my mind off things. Had my progesterone and E2 test today so will find out if any if my meds change.  
Dear friends-

I finally made it to my tww!

First off, let me thank you for the love and support you have given me.  We all have our highs and lows- and I do not know how I would have made it without your understanding and support.  I love my family and friends- but bless them, they did not know what to say to me- you ladies did- and I thank you.  As I put in my journal- this is not a sport for wimps!  I have had an awful week- but am feeling better now!

So, we ended up going to a 5 day.  I went there for the 2 day transfer- and was waiting on the hospital bed- when RE and Embryologist came in- we had a "good" problem.  Thank God I had already taken my valium- that stuff rocks!  I kept my emotions in check and then I had the best nap EVER when I got home!!!!!!     We had 4- another had fertilized and so they wanted to wait and see what the very strongest were.  We could have inplanted 2- but we decided to wait- how can you not do what the experts suggest.  

So we went yesterday.  The late bloomer did not make it- so we had 3.  They are all very strong.  I wanted to implant all 3- but we just did two since they were so strong.  So we froze one.  The Embryologist called me after she froze it- just to let me know prior to freezing it really looked strong. She is so kind and caring.  So I have 2 embies. I am praying they are strong, sticky survivors!  I go for my Beta May 20th!  I asked my nurse about poas- she said if one came out positive- I would be pg- BUT it was also possible to get a false negative.  I am going to try not to- we will see!  Friday is my birthday- guess what I want!!!!

SO today I am ready to quit being all about myself!  I need to know how you all are doing!   I think there is a new forum for May and June-  I need to go see!

Hugs, baby dust and THANK YOU!  I hope things are going well!!!!!!!
Great to hear embies back in mum,their best place to be! I now its agonizing now the 2ww and believe me it won't go quick! but hey ho, you've done the hard work, now try rest, relax, nurture your belly! a little rubbing can't do an harm and is quite soothing to the mum to be , call me mad but I used to talk to my belly!!
Anyway post any progress, we've all been through it a few times, some more than others so can offer advice and support on your low days if you get any. my best wishes as always melissaxx p.s start my cycle 3 weeks fridayxx
wow .. that seemed to go really fast!  I am so glad that your had 3 really strong ones .. and 2 put back!  maybe twins in your future!  the good thing with 5 day as opposed to 2 or 3 is that it's a shorter wait this end to find out if it's worked.  I will be watching out with eagerness for any news

I have started the provera and have my bt for pregnancy tomorrow along with scan to make sure the cyst hasn't refilled .. tried naturally this month as usual and am about 9 dpo although not sure .. yesterday afternoon then again this morning I have had a little bit of spotting and this morning my temp was down considerably .. so either implantation or early af .. my af is not due till next weds but it always is a bit shorter after a fresh ivf round so even though I'm holding out some hope that it happened naturally for us I am realistic in thinking that it could just be nasty af showing her head very early.

Only time will tell and I hate waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello wouldnt it be wonderful to conceive naturally! really hoping af doesnt show for you! we have tried since october naturally but hasnt happened and now as our ivf number 4 approaches really trying to get body in best shape it has ever been in! take care toni and catch up soon melissaxx
it certainly would Mel .. but I'm not holding my breath!  No more sign of af coming .. only had tiny bit of spotting yesterday and then another tiny bit today so it remains to be seen .. I have a blood test tomorrow to make sure I'm not pregnant so they can start the next step of meds so will know by tomorrow afternoon

great to hear that you're getting your body into fantastic shape .. I have been too so if this round doesn't work, I will know that I've done everything in my power for it to.
Mel and Tones-

Thanks, it has been a long 2 days- so this will be the longest week of my life- just wish i were on holiday to someplace exotic- those weeks go fast!

Please know I will be sending good thoughts and mountains of baby dust your way!  

Hi ladies! I know what you mean Globetrot... I'm at day 8 post transfer and desperately hanging in there. I caved and did an HPT last night and it was negative. I guess it is a bit early but someone else was saying they got a positive on that day so thought I'd try. Now, I think I'll leave it at that and wait until my Beta on Tuesday. Hopefully I can last!!!
Mel, wow that will come up before you know it!!!
Tones I'm so glad things are getting started for you- let us know if you get a surprise BFP! you never know!!
My best wishes to you, the 2ww in my book is worse than the treatments! saying my prayers for you and wishing you your BFP very soon, hang in there lots love melissax
hopeful and globetrot .. hang in there .. do anything to help distract you from checking symptoms endlessly .. I am sending you all my positive energy for this to work for you.

I got a BFN yesterday with BT before starting the lucrin .. I really thought maybe we'd done it this month as felt very different.  I think I actually ovulated twice this month so yesterday's BT would have been 7 dpo (2nd O) which makes me think that maybe it was too early .. but I know that even if my hcg was just slightly elevated, (which it should have been by then) my clinic wouldn't have let me start the lucrin, so even though I'm clutching at straws of hope, I am realistic enough to know that I will be going ahead with treatment as planned .. which is also exciting!!  

I felt a bit miserable last night so had a few glasses of wine with dinner and now feel horrible .. just goes to show  that it doesn't have a good effect when you're out of practise .. no more!  I wouldn't normally but really felt a bit stressed and unhappy and it did help for a bit.  My body just can't handle it anymore!

anyway .. at the beginning of long protocol so it's approx 3.5 weeks till retrieval .. please let it fly by!!  I'll be watching out for news of BFP's please ladies!!
Sorry to hear not to be the "natureul" this time, but I know now you'l put all your focus on the month ahead. Do you know anything about why some dr's choose long protocol and others short protocol ? my dr said THEY ALWAYS use short potocol for women in thier 40's? Will be following your start, we dont get going till 3rd june with retreival roughly 16th/17th. As always my prayers and best wishes melissax
and my thoughts with you too lovely!  I will put all my focus on this round .. my doc says that it all depends on how you respond to the treatment on whether you have the long or short protocol and because I responded well in the past, they keep me on this .. if I started not getting results from it they would then do the short the next time.

I kind of wish that I could do a shorter as it would be loads easier on my body so if I have to do another round after this, I might ask them if they can do it regardless of how I respond.

You will be a few weeks after me .. how exciting!!
It sounds very more advanced in states and Australia, I went straight on short protocol, never even talked about about another way. Always respond to the menopur but I am on 450 a day. Alway get my follies to 18-20mm by day 10 of stimms, just never produce many! hey ho this WILL BE OUR TURN!
Besties melissaxx
I've also been on the short protocol both times but the first time I was on antagonist protocol with Gonal F 450 and Menopur and Orgalutron. Only had 4 eggs that time and none fertilized. IVF #2 I did Lupron with Gonal F and only had two eggs but both fertilized! I think I got the faintest line today on my HPT!!!! I was going to wait for my Beta but DH really wanted me to test so I did!! I can't believe it!! I'm really hoping this is my BFP!!!!
omg .. I just tested with an hpt as I thought I felt different on the meds this time and got the faintest of lines .. If I did O twice this month like I thought I did .. it would make me about 9 or 10 dpo now and I usually only show hcg on an hpt at 11 dpo .. I don't know what to do!  I think I should not have my lucrin today and see if the test is darker tomorrow then go back to my clinic for another beta.

My head is spinning!! just goes to show that sometimes it pays to trust your instincts .. I knew something was up in the last week!!
That's amazing!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!! Let this be real for both of us!!!!!!
Oh yes please .. that would just be too amazing!!!  I am feeling more symptoms .. just lightly but nevertheless they are there .. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and test

trying to prepare myself as I know that 50% of pregnancies fail before your af arrives ... most women don't even realise they are pg .. it's just us obsessive ones who test early!  but whatever happens .. we did manage to do it so that's positive!
(Tones)Oh gosh I am so happy if this is a real positive for you, please dont take this the wrong way as I dont want to break the great feeling, but this happened to me on my last cycle, i had just began the meds and because I felt a little different took a hpt, got a faint positive. They testesd blood and was 9 or 10, but the dr said I was not pregnant it was a reactin to all the hormone treatment, even did a US. Get yourself checked, ring your RE, so happy if I wrong for youxxx loads love and hopeful, wonderful news , hope yours is a true positive too, keep us updated, melissaxxx
yes .. I'm aware that it's too early to get excited but I'm not on any meds that could give a positive .. only had 2 days of the lucrin and that can't make hcg .. it was such a faint line though that it could be gone by tomorrow .. I know that 50% of pregnancies fail in this early stage and I think that was probably more likely what happened to you.  

I am not going to celebrate just yet as I have never gotten past this point naturally before .. only with IVF .. hoping also that if the line is not there in the morn that I can start again on the lucrin .. as it's the long protocol I am thinking that they could probably switch me to a shorter treatment .. if not, we'll just go again the next month.  
oh and I found this on a few different sites:

Q: Can fertility medications such as Clomid, Serophene, Gonal-F, Follistim, Humegon, Pergonal, Repronex or Fertinex cause false positive results on HPTs?

A: The only fertility medication that can cause a false positive on a home pregnancy test is one that includes hCG

so my thoughts were that you had a chemical pregnancy .. unless you had a med with hcg in it.  but anyway .. I am not expecting anything tomorrow!  just hoping a little x
Thanks for this, I always was mystfied why I got a positive, even on a digital it said 1-2 weeks pregnant, but the clinic gp said my lining was only 3, def not pregnant and was the menopur that had triggered  faint positive!? that was the only drug besides burserelin (to stop ovulation)that i had took. They were really annoyed i had been using hpt's but I had a funny metalic taste in mouth and was curious so thats why I tested. I so hope you have had a natural conception, fertility is so much a lottery getting that good egg and the sticking of it. Saying my prayers for you, keep me updated lots love melissax
Well my little bean wasnt a sticky one. No line this morn so I'll be back on the lucrin today. Don't want to miss out on this round now as it's what's keeping me going!  
This round will be YOUR round, I am out of curiosity just going to take a hpt when I start my meds, just to see for my own peace of mind if a pink line comes up again. Bestest wishes and look forward to your posts and support, melissax
thanks hon .. I always test at the beginning of my treatment .. as the blood test for pregnancy is done on day 23 of my cycle, and if I've O'd late that month, there would not have been enough time for hcg to be released so just for my peace of mind I always test until I get my af .. and it's always negative .. except this time.

You will always have my support love .. I think you may have been the first person on here to help me last year when I needed it.

shed a few tears today and have got very little work done (I work from home so if not in a good frame of mind I am easily distracted), but then put some music on loud and danced around my living room for half an hour .. I feel much better now . that and the fudge cake I have had 3 pieces of today!!  My MIL made it and it's yum!  back to healthy now!
So sorry tones - but glad you are starting on a new cycle! This will be the one!!! :)

Mel: Things are coming up quickly for you too! Yay!! Good luck this cycle too!! I'll be supporting you guys as well!! :)

Well, I got a darker line this AM! I still can't believe it!!! I was so scared that it would be gone this AM.  I'm still cautiously optimistic - going for my Beta tomorrow!
Think good news def on its way to you, hopeful, very happy for you and pray good beta and everything after that goes well, keep us updated, we'l be reading!!
And Tones you have ALWAYS given me great advice, honesty, support and it really means alot and HELPS when going through this stressful period in our lives, its really helped me when I get down, and when I got my neg results and especially through the bleeding/ miscarriage time. Now none of the past and here's to the future as I know and hope results will be GOOD!!! my best wishes and love melissax  
Hopefulcub - congrats! Sounds lovely!  

I am anxious to start IVF#2 soon. A generous person donated me some Follistim and since doc upped the dose on new protcol I am greatful. Waiting for AF to start.

Babydust to you ladies. OUR time is coming!
Yay!! Beta was positive!!! I didn't get the actual # as they left a message (I was in a meeting when they called). Going back Thursday to see if it doubles !  I'm still scared... But starting to get a little hope!!!!
Thats wonderful! so happy for you, I know early days but you've got the BFP!!!
Keep us updated and really hope everything stays well for you, my best wishes and love melissax
Tones. Sorry it was not BFP this month. Glad your ready to go again. I am looking toward staring again when Af arrives. Baby dust to all!
hopeful .. yay for your beta .. can't wait to hear your numbers

I am feeling positive again .. just hoping to get my af soon so I can put this last little pregnancy behind me and not suffering too much on the lucrin .. feeling a bit flat so must be in the down reg part now.  had a bit of worry with my work running out (I'm a contractor so I work when the work is there), but just got news that it's all ok so that feels great .. one less thing to think of!

excited that there's 2 BFP's on here .. congrats globetrot and hopeful .. and excited that everyone else is gearing up to start .. bring it on!!
I got my BFP! Beta was 156.  I am still holding my breath until the second beta!  I can not believe it.  Thank you all for your kindness.  It has been a long year plus!  I can't believe I get to write BFP about myself!
SSBD to you all!
Warmest congratulations! so happy for you, look after yourself and keep us posted with your progress! we've all got our cycles to start, 2 weeks today I begin and I am trying to be so positive but with 3 failed ivf's behind me , I am finding it difficult. Bestest wishes and love melissax
I am happy you have new cycles ahead- I had a few failed cycles- some did not get very far at all- but it is a bit different with having to bring a donor into it!  I took a break and had a pity party for myself- then onwards and upwards!  Once your cycle starts you will feel better because you are trying- it is the waiting in all of this that is the torture!!!!!!!!

I still can not believe this and am holding off the celebration until the next beta.  SSBD to you all.
yay!! I just knew it would be a good number!  and I understand about holding off the celebration but it's impossible to not get excited isn't it?!

and Mel .. globe is right, it is the waiting that's the hardest .. I am excited again now that I'm well into another cycle .. only 6 days till stims start now!!
Thanks for your encouragement-I guess I am very nervous as I know what has happened before, will really get my POSITIVE head on this weekend-only 13 days till stimms start , then 10-12 days after that ER &  ET, here we come again! sending loads love to you all and hopig beta rising nicely for you, globetrot, melissax
mhv commented on cleto's status
1 hr ago
mhv commented on photo
1 hr ago
mhv commented on photo
1 hr ago