IVFers over 40 for March/April??
I'm having IVF starting at the end of March.  This is my first one so I'm really nervous and would love to share this journey with someone!!
My RE would put in all 3...actually if all 5 were viable on day three, he would put them all in...I am 43. The chances of multiples in our age group are very very low but you have to go with your gut and  your RE advice...Considering that it is day 3 instead of day 5, I would put them all in if they are of good enough grades to transfer.
What was your medication protocol this time around?  Hoping all goes well for the transfer.
Thanks Globetrot!! Now waiting patiently for tomorrow for my transfer and hoping both of the little embies make it! I can't wait to hear how it goes with your donor tomorrow!! I'm so happy for you that things are right on track for you!!

Gymnast that's great. It's a tough call 2 vs 3. My RE said he does 2 max but I'm 40 so may be different in your case. Guess you have to ask yourself ultimately if you would be ok with triplets.

I would do 3!  Why not? : )    Good Luck!   Heck, we are using donor embies from 2 20 something year olds, and I would still like to do 3! haha! :)  

Globetrot- any word yet????  I can't wait to hear the news! : )
the suspense is killing me!  I am in waiting mode and will be all week- well the next 3 weeks plus if all goes well!!!!!!!!!!  and it sounds like I am not alone!!!!!!!  

I am waiting for my nurse to call, waiting for retrieval tomorrow, waiting to take my next pill or shot!!!!!! Then the wait for seeing how many eggs, how many fertilize, when we transfer, how many are viable!!!!!!!!!   AND waiting to hear how all you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling very blessed every moment and thankful I got this far- that we all have.  

Blizzards of baby dust my friends!
I am sorry, I didn't realize you were both going in for transfer today.  I wish you well and hope you have many happy thoughts today!!  I hope you both to be and feel blessed!  
globetrot and hopefulcub _ good luck with the transfers and the tww!
GOOD LUCK LADIES!!  I AM SPRINKLING BABY DUST ALL OVER BOTH OF YOU!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
let me jump in with my good luck too .. good to see that some of us are there already .. exciting stuff!!  You 2 will be the first through with a BFP .. I can't wait to see your good news
Just want to give my support too ,wishing you all the luck in the world and that you get your BFP's this cycle-I think of all you ladies going through the whole process even if I dont write so often with support. melissaxx
Thanks everyone!! It's gonna beca long TWW - Beta is May 17th. But, Im grateful for all of you for your support and hopefully to keep me sane while I'm waiting!!

Globetrot: hope all goes well with your ET tomorrow and you can join me!!!
We only had 3 fertilize and I am so disappointed.  I do not mean to be so ungateful- but I was really thinking my 24 year old donor would do better- I was not looking for 30- but I thought we would get 10 since we had 14 follicles.  Got 8, 6 were good- 3 fertilized.  Yesterday the Embryologist thought we might get lucky and get a couple more to fertilize- but that just does not sound likely to me.  I do not think I will have anything to freeze- so this is probably it for me if it does not work.  The last few days have shown me I am not as strong as a woman needs to be to do this!  I feel like my faith was tested and I have crumbled.  I am just not myself right now.

My transfer is tomorrow- Mother's Day in the States (I know some of you are on the other side of the pond- or pacific!)  Don't know whether to take it as a sign- or as bitter irony.

I am trying to get myself back to my optimistic and happy self- but it seems impossible- hormones are really effecting me!  I can't write anything without crying.

Thanks for the support.  Love and baby dust all.  

Hopeful- I am praying this is our time!  Bring on May 17th!
Hang in there! its not always quantity but quaility that counts and only takes that ONE good egg, so try be positive. wishing you all the baby dust I can and  do pray this is YOUR time lots love melissax
oh love .. I agree with Mel but I know how hard it is to stay positive all the time when your body is full of hormones! I hope that one of those little ones is as strong as an ox and will be checking in regularly to see your progress.
Globetrot; ill be thinking of you tomorrow! Hope you come back with great news and look back on this experience someday with a little one in your arms and think it was all worth it!

I'm at 4 DPT and hanging in there. I go back to work tomorrow which will be nice to keep my mind off things. Had my progesterone and E2 test today so will find out if any if my meds change.  
Dear friends-

I finally made it to my tww!

First off, let me thank you for the love and support you have given me.  We all have our highs and lows- and I do not know how I would have made it without your understanding and support.  I love my family and friends- but bless them, they did not know what to say to me- you ladies did- and I thank you.  As I put in my journal- this is not a sport for wimps!  I have had an awful week- but am feeling better now!

So, we ended up going to a 5 day.  I went there for the 2 day transfer- and was waiting on the hospital bed- when RE and Embryologist came in- we had a "good" problem.  Thank God I had already taken my valium- that stuff rocks!  I kept my emotions in check and then I had the best nap EVER when I got home!!!!!!     We had 4- another had fertilized and so they wanted to wait and see what the very strongest were.  We could have inplanted 2- but we decided to wait- how can you not do what the experts suggest.  

So we went yesterday.  The late bloomer did not make it- so we had 3.  They are all very strong.  I wanted to implant all 3- but we just did two since they were so strong.  So we froze one.  The Embryologist called me after she froze it- just to let me know prior to freezing it really looked strong. She is so kind and caring.  So I have 2 embies. I am praying they are strong, sticky survivors!  I go for my Beta May 20th!  I asked my nurse about poas- she said if one came out positive- I would be pg- BUT it was also possible to get a false negative.  I am going to try not to- we will see!  Friday is my birthday- guess what I want!!!!

SO today I am ready to quit being all about myself!  I need to know how you all are doing!   I think there is a new forum for May and June-  I need to go see!

Hugs, baby dust and THANK YOU!  I hope things are going well!!!!!!!
Great to hear embies back in mum,their best place to be! I now its agonizing now the 2ww and believe me it won't go quick! but hey ho, you've done the hard work, now try rest, relax, nurture your belly! a little rubbing can't do an harm and is quite soothing to the mum to be , call me mad but I used to talk to my belly!!
Anyway post any progress, we've all been through it a few times, some more than others so can offer advice and support on your low days if you get any. my best wishes as always melissaxx p.s start my cycle 3 weeks fridayxx
wow .. that seemed to go really fast!  I am so glad that your had 3 really strong ones .. and 2 put back!  maybe twins in your future!  the good thing with 5 day as opposed to 2 or 3 is that it's a shorter wait this end to find out if it's worked.  I will be watching out with eagerness for any news

I have started the provera and have my bt for pregnancy tomorrow along with scan to make sure the cyst hasn't refilled .. tried naturally this month as usual and am about 9 dpo although not sure .. yesterday afternoon then again this morning I have had a little bit of spotting and this morning my temp was down considerably .. so either implantation or early af .. my af is not due till next weds but it always is a bit shorter after a fresh ivf round so even though I'm holding out some hope that it happened naturally for us I am realistic in thinking that it could just be nasty af showing her head very early.

Only time will tell and I hate waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello wouldnt it be wonderful to conceive naturally! really hoping af doesnt show for you! we have tried since october naturally but hasnt happened and now as our ivf number 4 approaches really trying to get body in best shape it has ever been in! take care toni and catch up soon melissaxx
it certainly would Mel .. but I'm not holding my breath!  No more sign of af coming .. only had tiny bit of spotting yesterday and then another tiny bit today so it remains to be seen .. I have a blood test tomorrow to make sure I'm not pregnant so they can start the next step of meds so will know by tomorrow afternoon

great to hear that you're getting your body into fantastic shape .. I have been too so if this round doesn't work, I will know that I've done everything in my power for it to.
Mel and Tones-

Thanks, it has been a long 2 days- so this will be the longest week of my life- just wish i were on holiday to someplace exotic- those weeks go fast!

Please know I will be sending good thoughts and mountains of baby dust your way!  

Hi ladies! I know what you mean Globetrot... I'm at day 8 post transfer and desperately hanging in there. I caved and did an HPT last night and it was negative. I guess it is a bit early but someone else was saying they got a positive on that day so thought I'd try. Now, I think I'll leave it at that and wait until my Beta on Tuesday. Hopefully I can last!!!
Mel, wow that will come up before you know it!!!
Tones I'm so glad things are getting started for you- let us know if you get a surprise BFP! you never know!!
My best wishes to you, the 2ww in my book is worse than the treatments! saying my prayers for you and wishing you your BFP very soon, hang in there lots love melissax
hopeful and globetrot .. hang in there .. do anything to help distract you from checking symptoms endlessly .. I am sending you all my positive energy for this to work for you.

I got a BFN yesterday with BT before starting the lucrin .. I really thought maybe we'd done it this month as felt very different.  I think I actually ovulated twice this month so yesterday's BT would have been 7 dpo (2nd O) which makes me think that maybe it was too early .. but I know that even if my hcg was just slightly elevated, (which it should have been by then) my clinic wouldn't have let me start the lucrin, so even though I'm clutching at straws of hope, I am realistic enough to know that I will be going ahead with treatment as planned .. which is also exciting!!  

I felt a bit miserable last night so had a few glasses of wine with dinner and now feel horrible .. just goes to show  that it doesn't have a good effect when you're out of practise .. no more!  I wouldn't normally but really felt a bit stressed and unhappy and it did help for a bit.  My body just can't handle it anymore!

anyway .. at the beginning of long protocol so it's approx 3.5 weeks till retrieval .. please let it fly by!!  I'll be watching out for news of BFP's please ladies!!
Sorry to hear not to be the "natureul" this time, but I know now you'l put all your focus on the month ahead. Do you know anything about why some dr's choose long protocol and others short protocol ? my dr said THEY ALWAYS use short potocol for women in thier 40's? Will be following your start, we dont get going till 3rd june with retreival roughly 16th/17th. As always my prayers and best wishes melissax
and my thoughts with you too lovely!  I will put all my focus on this round .. my doc says that it all depends on how you respond to the treatment on whether you have the long or short protocol and because I responded well in the past, they keep me on this .. if I started not getting results from it they would then do the short the next time.

I kind of wish that I could do a shorter as it would be loads easier on my body so if I have to do another round after this, I might ask them if they can do it regardless of how I respond.

You will be a few weeks after me .. how exciting!!
It sounds very more advanced in states and Australia, I went straight on short protocol, never even talked about about another way. Always respond to the menopur but I am on 450 a day. Alway get my follies to 18-20mm by day 10 of stimms, just never produce many! hey ho this WILL BE OUR TURN!
Besties melissaxx
I've also been on the short protocol both times but the first time I was on antagonist protocol with Gonal F 450 and Menopur and Orgalutron. Only had 4 eggs that time and none fertilized. IVF #2 I did Lupron with Gonal F and only had two eggs but both fertilized! I think I got the faintest line today on my HPT!!!! I was going to wait for my Beta but DH really wanted me to test so I did!! I can't believe it!! I'm really hoping this is my BFP!!!!
omg .. I just tested with an hpt as I thought I felt different on the meds this time and got the faintest of lines .. If I did O twice this month like I thought I did .. it would make me about 9 or 10 dpo now and I usually only show hcg on an hpt at 11 dpo .. I don't know what to do!  I think I should not have my lucrin today and see if the test is darker tomorrow then go back to my clinic for another beta.

My head is spinning!! just goes to show that sometimes it pays to trust your instincts .. I knew something was up in the last week!!
That's amazing!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!! Let this be real for both of us!!!!!!
Oh yes please .. that would just be too amazing!!!  I am feeling more symptoms .. just lightly but nevertheless they are there .. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and test

trying to prepare myself as I know that 50% of pregnancies fail before your af arrives ... most women don't even realise they are pg .. it's just us obsessive ones who test early!  but whatever happens .. we did manage to do it so that's positive!
(Tones)Oh gosh I am so happy if this is a real positive for you, please dont take this the wrong way as I dont want to break the great feeling, but this happened to me on my last cycle, i had just began the meds and because I felt a little different took a hpt, got a faint positive. They testesd blood and was 9 or 10, but the dr said I was not pregnant it was a reactin to all the hormone treatment, even did a US. Get yourself checked, ring your RE, so happy if I wrong for youxxx loads love and hopeful, wonderful news , hope yours is a true positive too, keep us updated, melissaxxx
yes .. I'm aware that it's too early to get excited but I'm not on any meds that could give a positive .. only had 2 days of the lucrin and that can't make hcg .. it was such a faint line though that it could be gone by tomorrow .. I know that 50% of pregnancies fail in this early stage and I think that was probably more likely what happened to you.  

I am not going to celebrate just yet as I have never gotten past this point naturally before .. only with IVF .. hoping also that if the line is not there in the morn that I can start again on the lucrin .. as it's the long protocol I am thinking that they could probably switch me to a shorter treatment .. if not, we'll just go again the next month.  
oh and I found this on a few different sites:

Q: Can fertility medications such as Clomid, Serophene, Gonal-F, Follistim, Humegon, Pergonal, Repronex or Fertinex cause false positive results on HPTs?

A: The only fertility medication that can cause a false positive on a home pregnancy test is one that includes hCG

so my thoughts were that you had a chemical pregnancy .. unless you had a med with hcg in it.  but anyway .. I am not expecting anything tomorrow!  just hoping a little x
Thanks for this, I always was mystfied why I got a positive, even on a digital it said 1-2 weeks pregnant, but the clinic gp said my lining was only 3, def not pregnant and was the menopur that had triggered  faint positive!? that was the only drug besides burserelin (to stop ovulation)that i had took. They were really annoyed i had been using hpt's but I had a funny metalic taste in mouth and was curious so thats why I tested. I so hope you have had a natural conception, fertility is so much a lottery getting that good egg and the sticking of it. Saying my prayers for you, keep me updated lots love melissax
Well my little bean wasnt a sticky one. No line this morn so I'll be back on the lucrin today. Don't want to miss out on this round now as it's what's keeping me going!  
This round will be YOUR round, I am out of curiosity just going to take a hpt when I start my meds, just to see for my own peace of mind if a pink line comes up again. Bestest wishes and look forward to your posts and support, melissax
thanks hon .. I always test at the beginning of my treatment .. as the blood test for pregnancy is done on day 23 of my cycle, and if I've O'd late that month, there would not have been enough time for hcg to be released so just for my peace of mind I always test until I get my af .. and it's always negative .. except this time.

You will always have my support love .. I think you may have been the first person on here to help me last year when I needed it.

shed a few tears today and have got very little work done (I work from home so if not in a good frame of mind I am easily distracted), but then put some music on loud and danced around my living room for half an hour .. I feel much better now . that and the fudge cake I have had 3 pieces of today!!  My MIL made it and it's yum!  back to healthy now!
So sorry tones - but glad you are starting on a new cycle! This will be the one!!! :)

Mel: Things are coming up quickly for you too! Yay!! Good luck this cycle too!! I'll be supporting you guys as well!! :)

Well, I got a darker line this AM! I still can't believe it!!! I was so scared that it would be gone this AM.  I'm still cautiously optimistic - going for my Beta tomorrow!
Think good news def on its way to you, hopeful, very happy for you and pray good beta and everything after that goes well, keep us updated, we'l be reading!!
And Tones you have ALWAYS given me great advice, honesty, support and it really means alot and HELPS when going through this stressful period in our lives, its really helped me when I get down, and when I got my neg results and especially through the bleeding/ miscarriage time. Now none of the past and here's to the future as I know and hope results will be GOOD!!! my best wishes and love melissax  
Hopefulcub - congrats! Sounds lovely!  

I am anxious to start IVF#2 soon. A generous person donated me some Follistim and since doc upped the dose on new protcol I am greatful. Waiting for AF to start.

Babydust to you ladies. OUR time is coming!
Yay!! Beta was positive!!! I didn't get the actual # as they left a message (I was in a meeting when they called). Going back Thursday to see if it doubles !  I'm still scared... But starting to get a little hope!!!!
Thats wonderful! so happy for you, I know early days but you've got the BFP!!!
Keep us updated and really hope everything stays well for you, my best wishes and love melissax
Tones. Sorry it was not BFP this month. Glad your ready to go again. I am looking toward staring again when Af arrives. Baby dust to all!
hopeful .. yay for your beta .. can't wait to hear your numbers

I am feeling positive again .. just hoping to get my af soon so I can put this last little pregnancy behind me and not suffering too much on the lucrin .. feeling a bit flat so must be in the down reg part now.  had a bit of worry with my work running out (I'm a contractor so I work when the work is there), but just got news that it's all ok so that feels great .. one less thing to think of!

excited that there's 2 BFP's on here .. congrats globetrot and hopeful .. and excited that everyone else is gearing up to start .. bring it on!!
I got my BFP! Beta was 156.  I am still holding my breath until the second beta!  I can not believe it.  Thank you all for your kindness.  It has been a long year plus!  I can't believe I get to write BFP about myself!
SSBD to you all!
Warmest congratulations! so happy for you, look after yourself and keep us posted with your progress! we've all got our cycles to start, 2 weeks today I begin and I am trying to be so positive but with 3 failed ivf's behind me , I am finding it difficult. Bestest wishes and love melissax
I am happy you have new cycles ahead- I had a few failed cycles- some did not get very far at all- but it is a bit different with having to bring a donor into it!  I took a break and had a pity party for myself- then onwards and upwards!  Once your cycle starts you will feel better because you are trying- it is the waiting in all of this that is the torture!!!!!!!!

I still can not believe this and am holding off the celebration until the next beta.  SSBD to you all.
yay!! I just knew it would be a good number!  and I understand about holding off the celebration but it's impossible to not get excited isn't it?!

and Mel .. globe is right, it is the waiting that's the hardest .. I am excited again now that I'm well into another cycle .. only 6 days till stims start now!!
Thanks for your encouragement-I guess I am very nervous as I know what has happened before, will really get my POSITIVE head on this weekend-only 13 days till stimms start , then 10-12 days after that ER &  ET, here we come again! sending loads love to you all and hopig beta rising nicely for you, globetrot, melissax
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Grace358 commented on journey2motherhood's status
Nov 16
Grace358, and mhv commented on KeeLolo's status
Nov 16
Grace358 commented on photo
Nov 16