TTC Over 40 User Group
Pregnant at 43.
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
412 members

Pregnant at 43.

Hi all.  I've been waiting patiently to let you all know that I successfully conceived naturally and am now almost 12 weeks pregnant at 43 years of age.  The growth scan at 9 weeks looked good and the heartbeat was strong (178).  I'm 12 weeks on Tuesday and go for my NT scan on Thursday.  Very different reaction this time around.  I was offered a CVS as soon as they saw the heartbeat as my chances of having a baby with Downs is so high.  We've been TTC for so long that no matter what happens, we're keeping the baby.  I've prepared my parents who are very supportive. My dm said, "I must have raised you well because I believe that there's a place in this world for everyone."  I have a gut feeling that it does have DS. I have a friend with a son with DS and he's just a doll.  There are no guarantees in life and certainly one can have negative amnio results and still have a baby with autism.  Wish me luck.  
Congrats!  Very happy for you!!  Hope everything goes well at your NT scan.  Your odds are higher that your baby doesn't have downs than that it does.  Had my last baby 9 mths ago at 43.  He doesn't miss a thing; perfectly healthy so far.  Am actually ttc again.  One last time.  Wishing you the best!!
Thanks!
I also had a baby at 43 and he is perfect and healthy and just a dream come true.   Although, I don't think there is anything in the world that would make me think he's not perfect.   You go with your heart...I wish you luck :).    
Congrats :)  It always wonderful to see success stories :)
So encouraging to red stories like yours, I am just 42 and trying to conceive a sibling for our son who is now 3 years old. He was natuarly conceived but since than we have had no succcess and have undergone 4 very expensive unsuccessful ivf's. Now its back to au nateurel and HOPE-your experience inspires me and gives us that HOPE. tHANK YOU, Melissax
Thanks everyone.  We feel so blessed.  I was always inspired by stories of other mother's my age who got pregnant which is why we never gave up.  It's no guarantee, but for me I needed to know that when I was done that I knew I gave it my best shot. Fortunately for us it worked (so far...).
Hi all, I went for my NT scan today and all is good!  NT was 1.7, (should be less then 2.6) CRL was 64.6mm (should be between 44 -84).  Nasal bone was seen on u/s.  We're so happy.  My RE said that if I was going to proceed with the pregnancy no matter what, then I don't need an amnio.  Given these results, I'm not going to do it.  I'm happy with the findings thusfar.  Next blood test is in 3 weeks to complete this part of the screen.  I'm now no longer under the care of my RE and have been transferred to an OB who I see on the 28th.  Hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat then.  Thanks everyone for your support.
How wonderful! I'm so happy for you. It's been a journey for sure and I'm so glad to hear that you are on your way to a healthy and happy little one! Can't wait to see US pics!
I just found out I'm pregnant with twins and I'm 43 happy , concerned , scared !!
Looks like you already experienced having a baby at 43!! Congrats , I'm soooo worried any advice??
This is so weird.  I haven't checked this site since I last posted (oct 2011).  And guess what I found -- my post!  So I had to respond!  I delivered a healthy baby boy in April 2012!  He is fantastic!  A total joy.  He is loved by his brother who is now 3 years old.

I didn't have twins, so my worries would be different from yours.  My advice would be to take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute of it.  Also, enjoy every minute that you can rest because you will never rest again :-)  Worry about things like getting together with your partner and making sure you're on the same page in terms of childrearing, values, etc.  Pamper yourself.  Go on dates.  Sleep.  Rest.  Have fun with your friends.  Go see a movie.  Enjoy your favourite pastime.  Your whole life is about to change, not so much for the better (though it will be in some ways), but because it will be different --  Different priorities, different ways to spend your time, different relationship with your partner.  

All the best.  Keep us posted.  Take care.
Hi - am pregnant too going 43 next month. Just letting you know you are not alone at all. How many weeks are you?
Moma_Cher I think I found the hospita... Comment
38 mins ago
Moma_Cher commented on photo
39 mins ago
mhv commented on photo
1 hr ago