TTC at age 41
Hello all,

I am so glad i found this site. I will be 41 this month and my doctor just prescribed clomid for me. I am worried that I may not conceive. I am finishing my masters degree in social work. I will be done this May. Hubby and I want to begin trying in late March on the clomid. I am just nervous and hoping that it will be successful. Any suggestions or advice?
Just wondering why your doctor has prescribed clomid for you, are you having trouble with ovulation?? has your doc checked your FSH levels as, as we age our FSH tends to creep up, clomid can also make it go higher, anyway it can also dry up your cervical mucous, so I would use preseed if you find your having that side effect from it, good luck :)
I was recently diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 40, want to try again asap after having a d and c
Btw, I took 150 mg Clomid but I have been reading Clomid is not the best med for an older woman especially one with pcos like myself. I would ask your doc about Femara or injectables, you will have a greater chance of getting a 'good egg' if you produce > 1 follicle (Clomid doesn't tend to produce multiple follicles in older women and causes lining problems)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Risa615 commented on journey2motherhood's status
Nov 29
journey2motherhood Please keep my friend Des_a... Comment
Nov 28
journey2motherhood, and Risa615 commented on Des_a_rae's status
Nov 28
Related Tags