TTC Over 40 User Group
TTC at age 41
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
419 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

TTC at age 41

Hello all,

I am so glad i found this site. I will be 41 this month and my doctor just prescribed clomid for me. I am worried that I may not conceive. I am finishing my masters degree in social work. I will be done this May. Hubby and I want to begin trying in late March on the clomid. I am just nervous and hoping that it will be successful. Any suggestions or advice?
3 Comments
Blank
1806883_tn?1407811249
Just wondering why your doctor has prescribed clomid for you, are you having trouble with ovulation?? has your doc checked your FSH levels as, as we age our FSH tends to creep up, clomid can also make it go higher, anyway it can also dry up your cervical mucous, so I would use preseed if you find your having that side effect from it, good luck :)
Blank
I was recently diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 40, want to try again asap after having a d and c
Blank
Btw, I took 150 mg Clomid but I have been reading Clomid is not the best med for an older woman especially one with pcos like myself. I would ask your doc about Femara or injectables, you will have a greater chance of getting a 'good egg' if you produce > 1 follicle (Clomid doesn't tend to produce multiple follicles in older women and causes lining problems)
Blank
Recent Activity
134578_tn?1404951303
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on photo
May 23
1217293_tn?1427687610
Blank
Risa615 Hunter is getting in his la... Comment
May 22
4625099_tn?1431317905
Blank