TTC Over 40 User Group
low fetal heartrate
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
414 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

low fetal heartrate

Hi ladies....I have questions for all of you out there.    First of all, I just recently found out I was pregnant...even though we were not trying.    Everything looked great in the beginning and then u/s showed a slow heartrate.   Has anyone had this before and what symptoms or lack of symptoms did you have and what was your outcome?   U/S measured the baby at 5 weeks 6 days.   Nurse said it could be just that the heart had literally just started and this may be normal, but I'm scared.   I'm still having all the pregnancy symptoms.   Next u/s is 2 weeks....what an agonizing 2 weeks.
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank
1021834_tn?1379295900
Hi Alexis, congrats again on your pregnancy.  Sorry to hear about the unsettling news.  Hope I can help you feel a little better; though I know nothing will really help until you get past this stage; as I've been right where you are before.  The 1st ultrasound they did my last pregnancy at 6wk2ds showed a heartbeat; which I was happy about until they said it was slow (in the low 80's).  Looked it up online and worried until they had me come back about a week later and the heartbeat had gone up.  Yay!  It must have just been so early.  I didn't really have alot of symptoms and I've never gotten morning sickness so can't help much there.  Is there any way they would get you in before the 2wks?
Blank
1027304_tn?1333977006
that does make me feel better.   It is soooo unsettling and I can't shake my feeling of dread.   This was such an unexpected pregnancy, but nevertheless a real blessing, it just seems like such a cruel joke to take it from me now....I mean, why give it to me in the first place?   they want me to wait the full 2 weeks I'm sure so that IF its going to be a m/c, then they haven't wasted anymore money than necessary for another u/s....AND if 2 full weeks go by, there should be significant growth and change.   They said if we do it too soon, not much will change and I might get even more confused and discouraged.  BUT...my thought is.....I also might get relieved.....go figure, clinic is on the side of the insurance company
Blank
938718_tn?1323787114
The waiting is so hard.  Some places won't even do the first u/s until 6 weeks and then even at that they are cautious because it's so early and the heartbeat is so new.  If I recall correctly, I had the same protocol as you -- it was 6 weeks and then 8 weeks and the 2 week wait was almost worse than the 2WW!  

New group: pregnancy & childrearing after 40:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pregnancy--Childrearing-after-40/show/1334?controller=forums&action=show&id=1334&camp=msc
Blank
1021834_tn?1379295900
Saw the date on the calendar today and you popped into my head.  I can imagine how stressed you are going into that appt. I'm praying that your ultrasound will turn out great and that little heart will be pounding away.  ((hugs))  
Blank
1027304_tn?1333977006
Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and prayers.     Sadly the baby's heart stopped beating at our u/s on the 23rd, so unfortunately this pregnancy did not work out.    I wish the outcome had been different, but I'm happy with those knowledge that at 44 I can still get pg.    I have a beautiful little boy who is turning 1 soon, so he gives me strength and makes me smile.    who knows, maybe soon I will be blessed again.    Thank you all again.
Blank
1021834_tn?1379295900
I'm so very sorry, Alexis.  Was really hoping for a better result for you.  Take care of yourself!
Blank
Recent Activity
1217293_tn?1406773086
Blank
Risa615 We love spending time with ... Comment
4 hrs ago
961574_tn?1402509153
Blank
mhv, Risa615, and Moma_Cher commented on kjaggs's status
4 hrs ago
1217293_tn?1406773086
Blank