TTC Over 40 User Group
low fetal heartrate
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
426 members

low fetal heartrate

Hi ladies....I have questions for all of you out there.    First of all, I just recently found out I was pregnant...even though we were not trying.    Everything looked great in the beginning and then u/s showed a slow heartrate.   Has anyone had this before and what symptoms or lack of symptoms did you have and what was your outcome?   U/S measured the baby at 5 weeks 6 days.   Nurse said it could be just that the heart had literally just started and this may be normal, but I'm scared.   I'm still having all the pregnancy symptoms.   Next u/s is 2 weeks....what an agonizing 2 weeks.
Hi Alexis, congrats again on your pregnancy.  Sorry to hear about the unsettling news.  Hope I can help you feel a little better; though I know nothing will really help until you get past this stage; as I've been right where you are before.  The 1st ultrasound they did my last pregnancy at 6wk2ds showed a heartbeat; which I was happy about until they said it was slow (in the low 80's).  Looked it up online and worried until they had me come back about a week later and the heartbeat had gone up.  Yay!  It must have just been so early.  I didn't really have alot of symptoms and I've never gotten morning sickness so can't help much there.  Is there any way they would get you in before the 2wks?
that does make me feel better.   It is soooo unsettling and I can't shake my feeling of dread.   This was such an unexpected pregnancy, but nevertheless a real blessing, it just seems like such a cruel joke to take it from me now....I mean, why give it to me in the first place?   they want me to wait the full 2 weeks I'm sure so that IF its going to be a m/c, then they haven't wasted anymore money than necessary for another u/s....AND if 2 full weeks go by, there should be significant growth and change.   They said if we do it too soon, not much will change and I might get even more confused and discouraged.  BUT...my thought is.....I also might get relieved.....go figure, clinic is on the side of the insurance company
The waiting is so hard.  Some places won't even do the first u/s until 6 weeks and then even at that they are cautious because it's so early and the heartbeat is so new.  If I recall correctly, I had the same protocol as you -- it was 6 weeks and then 8 weeks and the 2 week wait was almost worse than the 2WW!  

New group: pregnancy & childrearing after 40:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pregnancy--Childrearing-after-40/show/1334?controller=forums&action=show&id=1334&camp=msc
Saw the date on the calendar today and you popped into my head.  I can imagine how stressed you are going into that appt. I'm praying that your ultrasound will turn out great and that little heart will be pounding away.  ((hugs))  
Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and prayers.     Sadly the baby's heart stopped beating at our u/s on the 23rd, so unfortunately this pregnancy did not work out.    I wish the outcome had been different, but I'm happy with those knowledge that at 44 I can still get pg.    I have a beautiful little boy who is turning 1 soon, so he gives me strength and makes me smile.    who knows, maybe soon I will be blessed again.    Thank you all again.
I'm so very sorry, Alexis.  Was really hoping for a better result for you.  Take care of yourself!
Moma_Cher Had to reconnect because so... Comment
39 mins ago
Grace358 commented on KeeLolo's status
stacey10 Very very faint Bfp today a... Comment
May 28
Related Tags