orgasm during TWW, interfere with implantation?? sorry if TMI
Sorry if TMI for some, but I was wondering if orgasm during the TWW will interfere with implantation?? I know, it sounds silly, but I keep reading conflicting answers about this. Most of the answers I've read have said to abstain from sex/orgasm during the TWW with IVF, but I haven't found any related to TTC naturally... Anyone know if the contractions from orgasm prevent implantation in any way? I feel so silly asking this, But I'm worried about it.
That's a really good question. I think it's not supposed to inhibit implantation but that might be old thinking. Maybe there is newer information now. I hope someone knows the answer to this question. Although I'd die if I had to abstain during the whole 2ww! :-)
Ok, I've been holding off on sharing this, but the three times I have gotten pregnant, I had an orgasm just before penetration. I also read that the secretions (sorry) helps the swimmers, too. Anyway, as long as someone else brought up orgasms, I found my "in" to share this. Also, I know that having sex or orgasms during the two week wait will NOT interfere, although I don't know if IVF is different, but I wouldn't think so. Stomach crunches at the gym doesn't need to be stopped during the two week wait either. At least this is what a fertility doctor told me.
That is very reassuring to me! Thank you for posting. I would like to think that orgasms would not interfere with implantation, but I know how some of us fear even the slightest little sneeze! When I read that abstaining from it after IVF, it got me wondering if there was a reason for this and if it pertains to TTC naturally. I would also like to think that our bodies would not let us orgasm if it were going to hinder implantation in any way.
I confess--I've been wondering about this too. I'm so glad you had the courage to dare to ask!

The nurses after my IVF were very emphatic about no O (and no intercourse) during 2ww, but my doctor for ICI and IUI (oh so long ago) was emphatically for it!

Of course, I'm even paranoid about riding in an elevator.

(Oh, also: hello to everyone. I'm back, sort of, but mostly lurking.)
Hello AliceW! Yes, I wasn't sure if I should even post it at first, but then figured why not. There has to be someone else out there that is wondering the same thing! Glad I'm not the only one! I guess we'll wait and see!
Thank you for posting that. I never thought of even asking it cause it didnt even cross my mind but now you got me thinking. But that's great.

Now does anyone know what your temp is  supposed to be doing after ovuation?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Risa615 commented on KeeLolo's status
48 mins ago
Risa615 commented on Grace358's status
50 mins ago
Grace358 hope everyone is well.. we'... Comment
Related Tags