TTC Over 45 User Group
MISCARRY AT HOME PROCEDURE?
About This Group:

For all us woman 45 or almost 45 trying to conceive. Weather it be natural or with the help of fertility treatments.

Founded by plumber43 on February 13, 2011
61 members

MISCARRY AT HOME PROCEDURE?

Hi Ladies
Well yesterday was a bit rough for me as I began to bleed in the morning and by nightfall I was really cramping and passing a lot of blood and clots.
I hope I'm not going to give too many details, however I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I phone the doctor tomorrow (Monday).
I passed a big clot, about 6cm x 4 cm, and I can  only assume that is the yolk sac.  We have bagged this and put it in the freezer for me to take to my doc for analysis.  I have searched the net but can't find if this is the correct procedure. Should I just put the sac in the fridge or should I put it in the freezer?  We do want to have tests done... this just gives a clearer picture of what is happening (3 / 5 have shown chromosomal defects).
Thank you so much.
Hoping you are all well and if not already there, are taking a huge step closer towards your perfect dream!
Carrie
x
Most of what I read said to put it in ziploc bag and refrigerate until you can get it to your doctor's office.
Thank you so much.  I spent ages online trying to find a correct procedure but I coudn't find anything.
I will be contacting my Gyn/Ob this morning.
Thank you again.
Carrie
mandaszoo commented on photo
mandaszoo commented on mhv's status
mandaszoo commented on Hollus's status