TTC Over 45 User Group
Office Hysteroscopy
About This Group:

For all us woman 45 or almost 45 trying to conceive. Weather it be natural or with the help of fertility treatments.

Founded by plumber43 on February 13, 2011
61 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Office Hysteroscopy

I run away from it today :) I couldn't do it. I have fibroids and they were going to check the location, with no sedation but I couldn't do it, was too painful for me so GYN stopped and said that we have to do it in the operation room with anesthesia. Anyone with any experience?
5 Comments
Blank
You poor thing. I too have fibroids but they checked location. size and type of fibroids with an abdominal ultrasound. I was supposed to have an intravaginal us to check everything during day 3/4 of period but radiographer really nice and tried to avoid doing it as I was bleeding so heavy. I have 5 fiboids of varying size and locations but the ivf clinic I am attending were sattisfied they should not impede treatment. All the best. Manda
Blank
794496_tn?1351044155
Oh hun, that doesn't sound like fun at all!  It sounds like the right decision to have it done with anesthesia though, you will be much more relaxed that way.  Thinking of you.
Blank
Sorry forgot to say. it didnt hurt at all. hope yours goes well
Blank
548091_tn?1348950613
Thanks ladies! Very encouraging. My hysteroscopy is scheduled on Nov 15th with anesthesia and if my surgeon thinks the fibroids are in the cavity she will perform the surgery as well. So, I will learn what happened when I wake up! :) I will let you know!
Blank
Don't stress too much. I had to have a very large polyp removed thru the hysteroscopy last summer. The worst part for me was waking up groggy. I was outside doing yard work by the end of the day. Keep us posted and good luck ! I just got my BFP last week so I think it helped conceive.
Blank
Recent Activity
1386655_tn?1377032953
Blank
journey2motherhood commented on journey2motherhood's status
8 hrs ago
1386655_tn?1377032953
Blank
journey2motherhood We are still waiting for th... Comment
12 hrs ago
1806883_tn?1407811249
Blank