TTC Over 45 User Group
Pregnant over 45...Don't stop, keep trying!
About This Group:

For all us woman 45 or almost 45 trying to conceive. Weather it be natural or with the help of fertility treatments.

Founded by plumber43 on February 13, 2011
61 members

I know ttc over 45 is not easy, we all want to believe that it is still possible, especially with our own eggs. I believe it its possible but you have to be strong and go through so much to get there. I'm not saying that anyone should give up! The truth is I turned to Donor Eggs after 2 years of trying. I am so happy and blessed, I am 16 weeks pregnant with a healthy bean! I just wanted to post this to let us over 45 YO momma wanna bee's know there is no shame in DE. I was against it not for any other reason except that I believed It was still possible because I only had my tubes tied and if they weren't tied I would've been pg already. Wow was I wrong. I am really sure if I kept trying I would have gotten that magic egg, I made so many eggs the doctors were amazed. 18 the first time and 11 with a mini ivf. That magic egg never appeared. My heart had enough. The truth is I just wanted to be a mommy, carry my baby inside me and no matter where the eggs came from this baby is mine! I can honestly say that I am not afraid of any more. I want to tell everyone that we are pregnant. So here is where I scream it from the roof tops...lol
I also just wanted to say that I know DE are not for every one and I respect that, I just wanted to let anyone know who might decide to visit this site that there are options. Oh and I thought DE were for the Rich only but I went the Frozen Donor egg route at Newhope Fertility Center in NYC and they are affordable! Any questions just ask and I will give you any advice I can.
God Bless, Never Give UP and SSBD
Melanie
Melanie thank you so much for this post.

Sharon
I hope all went well today! I was thinking about you!
Love hugs and SSBD,
Melanie
Hello Melanie,
I am also looking for egg donor and I live in Canada where egg donation for money is not legal. So I am looking and waiting for an angel who can donate me her eggs. I have one question for you. (please don't mind bcoz this is the only question which sometimes makes me think whether I should be doing DE)...And I know it's too early for you too to think about this..Are you at any stage going to tell your child that he/she is from DE. This question really is haunting me and you are always so helpful for everyone and you are also going through exactly the same situation as I have so thats why I wanted to ask YOU. and if you don't want to answer just ignore my post.Thanks
You can always ask, that's why I am here, I was away on vacation so sorry I didn't get back to you right away.  I can not keep a secret forever, that's the first thing second is before you do DE you need a psychological and the therapists help you understand things and give you the tools to make wise decisions. Since I know I won't be able to keep a secret I will start telling my daughter at an appropriate age and in an age appropriate way. My older children know so I pray I can be strong! I do have fears though. I would have adopted but this to me is a better option! I love my baby girl already and can't wait to smell her and kiss her and count her toes! You will be great at whatever and however you decide to be a mom, besides giving birth to your baby is a gift., I am blessed!
Keep me posted and always know I will answer any questions you have!
Love Melanie
Thanks Melanie for your reply.
I know just one thing that i want to be mom and beautiful words that you have mentioned in your post are the exact feelings I have in my heart.
I too want to hold a baby in my arms, kiss and smell her/him...I can't wait but my egg donor is not available before august-2012 so I have to wait...but I am scarred and nervous too...what if even DE does not work for me...
Love and lots of prayer for you
What if...What if, we can't live our lives like that sweetie! I know how scared you must be! You are well on your way August is just around the corner before you know it you will be holding your little baby, counting toes, smelling that baby smell! You have to believe it put those happy thoughts into your mind! Someone told me a while ago that you can't stress, this is no good for your body! You must try to believe that this is possible!
Love hugs and ssbd
Melanie
journey2motherhood commented on Moma_Cher's status
mandaszoo commented on journey2motherhood's status
Sep 15
mandaszoo commented on cheekyhalfs's status
Sep 15