TTC after Mirena User Group
Mirena IUD removal
About This Group:

For women who have had the Mirena removed and are trying to conceive. It's hard finding someone who is going through exactly what you are. This is a place for women to come together so we can compare and contrast. What are you using or going by? BBT, CM, OPKs?

Founded by Stef110 on October 16, 2011
10 members

Mirena IUD removal

I had my iud removed on September 23, 2011. I had it placed 6 weeks pp after my 3rd child on January 19, 2010. Insertion was just a pinch. It was the 8 weeks or so of bleeding that was bothersome. After that my AF was only "normal" about one time. I skipped months here and there. After about 10 months my AF completely went away. There were other side effects. Before having it for 10 months I would get awful headaches. I am glad they went away. It's like every few months there are new side effects. This past year I had a problem with stray black hairs on my chin. I haven't had Mirena out that long so I'm still having a little bit of trouble there. My temperature was always low on Mirena?? Did anyone else have that problem? I mean it was always between 96.5-96.9 for a LONG time. It's only the past few months that it was 97.1-97.6. BUT, after having Mirena removed, my temperature has returned back to normal?? 98.3-98.6. I thought that was odd. I was thinking maybe I have hyperthyriodism or that Mirena caused it, but I don't know.

So I had the Mirena removed. I barely felt it. It was removed on a friday and everything went alright through the weekend. Then monday came! I started bleeding on monday and it didn't stop for about 5 days. Then saturday and sunday I was spotty. It was red, like a normal AF. I never had any brown or clots. After browsing online some women have said that if it's longer than 3 days it can be counted as an AF??
I have been having fatigue, headaches and nausea off and on after removal. I'm chalking it up to normal right now.

The whole point of this post was to let other women know about my experience after having Mirena removed. What was your experience?

Stef110 Boys are 14 months, crazy! Comment
Mar 22
victoriaglen joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 20
linewife2010 joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06