TTC after Miscarriages Community
Is it easier to get pregnant after miscarriage?i need medical reasoning...

MedHelp's TTC after Miscarriages community.

Is it easier to get pregnant after miscarriage?i need medical reasonings please

I am 26 years old and after trying for a whole year to fall pregnant naturally, i finally did, only to have a miscarriage 6.5 weeks in. I was devastated but now(only a few days later) i am alot more optimistic and positive about the whole situation. However i am really scared that it is going to take me a whole other year to get pregnant. People say its easier to get pregnant once you have before, i would like to know medically why this is the case or is it just a wives tale(i do come from a medical background but cant find any information on this.) Also i understand you have a 1 in4 chance of the first one being a miscarriage, i would also like to know why they say that the chance of it happening a second time is less... please help ease my mind, i desperately wanted  a baby, and i am pretty positive it will happen i just dont want to wait a year or so to get pregnant again only to go through something bad. I am still quite young and i was under the impression that its alot easier when you are young
They say it's easier to get Pregnant after a M/C because you're so fertile but I really think everyone is different and it all depends. I had a natural M/C in November and I've been trying like hell to get Pregnant since then. It took me less time to get Pregnant before my M/C..so I'm not sure how much truth to that there is.
I've heard stories of women who have gotten Pregnant after a M/C before they even get their first Period! Than I've heard stories of it taking a long while...so I think it all depends on your body.
It is definitely possible to have another M/C right after your other one, its happened to women on this forum, but I think the chance of it happening isn't that high.
I'm really sorry about your M/C...I'm trying to have a baby too (our first) so I know what you mean! Good Luck!
I fell pregnant again immediatly after having a miscarriage (no period in between) so it definitely is possible! I can't give an 'medical' advice, just that it can happen!
I heard it is easier to get pregnant if you have had a D&C. The reason for that is that they clean you out completely so that all the stuff that builds up in there from the years of having periods and all other things is removed leaving it easier for implantation. I understand that some women even get D&C's to get cleaned out without ever even having had a miscarriage. I'm not sure what you're situation is but I got a D&C after my miscarriage and got pregnant within 6 weeks. She is now 2 months old.
I am hoping that it is easier to get pregnant after a m/c as well, I am two cycles post d&c with no pregnancy yet, once AF is over am definately going to put in some valiant effort into getting pregnant this time. I honestly didn't have trouble getting pregnant before my m/c I am just hoping is hasn't  messed things up too much and we have trouble afterwards. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes!!
I had a D&C in Dec. and haven't been lucky yet, and can honestly say that we have been trying pretty hard.....I haven't heard that the chances of M/C go down any after having one...From what I understand there is always a 1 in 4 chance of M/C....frightening statistic, but that came from my OB so I believe it to be true.  I certainly wish that the chances after 1 would decrease!!
sadiesmommy.....i too am 2 cycles post D&C.....
Good luck to everyone!
DO NOT get pregnant right after your miscarriage. i did and now i am miscarrying AGAIN. every doctor i talked to said it is VERY common to miscarry right after a miscarriage. i know everyone is deifferent but you really should let your body heal first.
SLeeann - How long ago was your 1st M/C? Just curious b/c I had a D&C in Dec. and we have been TTC and don't want to risk anything....Sorry that you have to go thru this AGAIN...I can't imagine.
Some people say that you are more fertile after a micarriage and some say you aren't.  There is no medical evidence stating you are more fertile.  It truly is different for everyone.  I had a m/c in october and the d&c in the beginning of Nov.  I have only had one natural cycle, which was in Dec.  I haven't ovulated since the m/c.  My best friend m/c and got pregnant the very first cylce.  It is very frustrating.  As if the miscarriage wasn't bad enough.  I wish you the best of luck with trying to conceive.  

Keri
Does everyone get a d&c? i am due to see the ob in a few days, i dont know whether to ask for it or not,if it makes it easier. i guess the main thing is i am worried that its going to take a whole year again to get pregnant like it did this time.
i have a miscarriage 3.5 weeks ago last week test said neg this week is pos i called the doc and he thinks i am pregers but wants me to wait a week to confirm then have hcg work every 48 hours but he also said it could be left over tissue growing but he told me u r more fertile
I sure hope you are more fertile because the doc told me don't bother waiting for another cycle because my miscarriage was so early I was only like 4 weeks... 14 days after stopping bleeding (only bled for 4-5 days)  I started feeling like was ovulating (cm change, pain in the ovary, tender bbs, etc)  and we had sex like crazy.. so I'm hoping it happened!  the weird thing is the ovulating changes only lasted 2 days... I can't remember how long it usually lasts.. but we did it on those 2 days and a few days before.. so hopefully it stuck!  
i agree with sleeann my 2 m/c were 1 month apart . i was told to wait 3 months. my dr wasnt surprised i was having another m/c. it must happen a lot for her to say that. i would not rush into things to be honest. let your body heal and your heart. it was extremely hard for me not having  time to heal in all aspects of the m/c. good luck to you!
It IS different for each person.  I had a m/c in November.  I was pregnant within weeks (w/ no period in between).  I am currently 13w3d.  It was sort of a fluke thing for me b/c I don't ovulate on my own (and even though we were taking a break, we still BD'd).  

Now, my doc recommended that we wait one full cycle ... but not b/c it wasn't safe or there was a higher risk of m/c.  He wanted us to wait so that we had time for the emotional healing.  He specifically said there isn't a higher risk of m/c if you happen to get pregnant right after...  they just recommend the break so you have time to heal (mentally/emotionally).  

Anyway... it is certainly possible.  Sorry.. no medical explanation, but I wanted to add my story.  Best of luck to you.
you know your suppose to wait 6 months to try after a mc right? so your body can recoop. if u get preg right away you have really high risk that go along w/ it like the placental abruption and mc again and tons of other things. Dont risk putting you and your baby at all those extra risk if you dont have to... there is a few good web sites about getting preg after a mc & how long you shoudl wait.
some doctors tell you to wait longer than others. My doctor told me to wait unitl 1-2 "normal" cycles.  not all doctors tell you to wait for 6 months...that is a little long...those doctors are being a little conservitive.  I know some doctors tell you  to wait that long, but most say 1-3 cycles.....now you cycles might take 6 months to become normal again.  Just listen to what your doctor tells you.
Yup.. it's really up to what you and your doc decide is best.  I've never heard 6 months before (maybe it would be different for a D&C.. longer to heal, etc)...  most docs will tell you 1-3 cycles (as Keril14 said).  I was seeing a RE (fertility specialist)... he knew what I went through to get pregnant and how hard it was for me to lose that pregnancy. He wasn't going to steer me in a direction that would end badly...  you can't ever plan what's going to happen, but the best thing to do is to listen to what your doc tells you.  
My Dr said we can start trying as soon as week feel ready, and i was 19 weeks and had to go through the whole milk coming in.
we are waiting until we get full results of amnio and autopsy and then gonna start
I would definitely ask your doctor before trying again. Not everyone gets or even needs a D&C. If everything passes on it's own & the doctor says all is well, then you don't need to worry. I had one miscarriage where I did not receive one & 9 months later  I had another one, where I was further along, and they had to do an emergency D&C. Each person and each pregnancy is different. Also, I have found alot of women who are having trouble with miscarriages after being on the depo injection. If that could be the case, bring that up to your doctor, too as you may need hormone injections. Good Luck!
hey sweetheart, its true what gina says about you possibly extra fertile after a miscarriage.  I suffered a right ectopic pregnancy in 2002 that burst and they removed the tube, i also had a termination (Sorry!) way way back when i was sixteen years old.  I also had a missed miscarriage at 12wks this year in april.  I thought it would never happen!!  I fell pregnant again a few months later and am currently 30 wks pregnant.  SO far so good.  Here are some facts:  
   Most miscarriages occur in the first twelve weeks
   Most are due to genetic abnormalities (this means there is NOTHING you can do   about it) any doc will tell you it is natures way of 'filtering out' deformities
   It IS possible to fall pregnant successfully again as soon as your next 'real' mentstual period (Though they recommend wait a month or two to let your body heal) depending on the circumstances)
  The best advice is to speak to your GP or OB.  They will calm all your fears in a few mins.  
  Knowledge is power- google your topic and read read read!!  Good luck..

hiya yep im totally with goldfish34 !!! i  also had a termination when i was 16 ... not good but i had my reasons i have felt regret ever since!! but thats a different story!!. im engaged to a wonderful man :) however we have suffered 3 miscarriages in a row in the last 8 months , ok so  here  it goes :

1st  bby with fian'ce   = TOOK ONLY A MONTH  of trying to fall pregnant =  missed m/c at 12 wks, had d&c .

2nd bby with fianc'e  = AFTER THE D&C TOOK US TWO MONTHS to fall pregnant again but when i did i miscarried that one at 6 weeks naturally no d&c needed. I bled lightly for a week.

3rd bby with fianc'e = my man and me made love when the bleeding stopped about a week later. I FELL PREGNANT BEFORE MY PERIOD ,i sadly miscarried that one aswell at 6 weeks it was also another missed miscarriage

we are waiting for my cycle to start up again  so i can start trying soon as i miscarried the 3rd time 11 days ago, i saw the nurse this morning and she took 5 bloods to send off and test i will have the results back in a week.  so as you can see it can sometimes happen quickly and sometimes longer to fall pregnant hunni, i hope this helps x x x best of luck 2 you xxx

Hi, i had a complete miscarriage 4 days ago and would like to know when i can try again? is it two weeks from the date of your miscarriage?

Hello to all, I had a later term miscarriage because I went into pre-term labor. When I was 18 1/2 weeks my cervix began to dialate and my doctor performed a cerclage to stitch my cervix close. A week later, when I was 19 1/2 weeks, I went into labor and unfortunately, my water broke. Becuase I was so far along, they had to remove the stitches from the cerclage and then perform a D&E to remove the baby.  Now I am sick with grief.. and the only thoughts I have is of getting pregnant again.  Before this miscarriage, I miscarriaged a year earlier at about 6 weeks. It took me almost a year to get pregnant again.  Now, I hope it doesn't take as long. Although I have been told that because my womb has been cleaned so it should be easier to get pregnant, I'm concerned that getting pregnant too soon may cause another miscarriage.  I also wonder if emotionally, getting pregnant again right away is the right thing to do considering the possibility of another miscarriage. When I miscarried this time around, my heart broke in a way I never thought was possible. The morning I went into labor, I had a sonogram and saw my baby sucking her thumb and relaxing inside of me, by the end of that night, my stomach was empty and my baby was gone..  I want to get pregnant again, but I'm not sure I can deal with the pain that will come along with another miscarriage. That's why I'm thinking it may be better to wait at least 3 months before trying to get pregnant again.  What are your thoughts?
im sooo sorry for the loss you suffered...i can relate in a way cuz i too went into preterm labor and lost my beautiful perfect healthy son....my doc didnt stitch me though...they didnt even consider me a risk for preterm labor but my water broke at home and i ended up delivering my baby....he took his breath after i delivered and i saw it...the emotional torment from that scared me and i know what you mean about a sadness you never thought you'd feel...

its been 5 weeks since my loss and i still cry over my loss...actually saturday night i went to bed crying...my bf and i are going to start TTC soon again..we're torn on when but i think we concluded sat night that when it happens it happens

i have found so much support thorugh this forum to help get through the pain and i hope you do too

if you need to talk...im here...just pm me
Waitn838:

Thank you for your kind words. This is a hard time for us, but we will overcome this obstacle and go on to have beautiful babies.  I'm am sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain you're going through.  I'm sending you a cyber hug...

I would have never imagined three weeks ago that I would be sitting here talking about the loss of my baby.  Everyone says that each day it gts easier. I'm not sure.. There are times that I simply sit back and when I touch my stomach, it's almost like I can still feel the baby moving.  I'm back to work now, and I'm trying to walk around with a smile on my face and it's hard. I don't want to smile, I don't want to talk, I don't want to be bothered.  It seems like I'm in a daze, pretending to be ok, when inside i'm falling apart.

When I feel my worse, I turn to God... and while I was angry with God at first and questioned him, I had to remember that God is good all the time, even when we can't the reason for the pain that we are going through. And in life everything happens for a reason. I try to find comfort in pray and it works. Especially during those times that I sit and wonder what it would have been like to hold my baby.

My boyfriend and I plan on TTC again.. I'm just not sure if emotionally I'm ready. I have this fear of the same thing happening again and that fear makes me nervous about trying . I figure we should at leat wait until my body feels normal again. I want to make sure that this time around I'm healthy and my body is ready to carry the baby.

My boyfriend and I also discussed that when I'm pregnant again, we will not tell anyone until I'm so far along that it's obvious to look at me and know that I'm pregnant. Do you think that's silly?

I hope you are having a wonderful day and that this message reaches you in the best of health and spirits..

Hugs...
Hello~
I jus wanted both of u to know that I know exactly how u feel. May 23 will be 5 yrs since my first born child (a son) passed away. He was full term but had some medical conditions that were not repairable. He lived for almost 4 hrs. We did get to hold him the entire time. Even tho I have had 2 healthy boys since then, there are still days that I think about my baby and cry.  Of course, its not every day anymore, but I do from time to time.  That's part of the healing process.  I did take 6 wks off of work when this happened though, so that did help not having to face everyone so soon. I also suffered a missed m/c at the end of Nov. and had to have a D&C. Now, I am almost 8 wks preg. And its very scary b/c I have another week b4 I go to the doc & I'm afraid they won't be a heartbeat jus like last time.  I just wanted to share my story & let u both know that u r not alone. And even though it doesn't seem like it now, it will get better.
~Take Care~
i think it is easier to get pregnant after a miscarriage. i had a miscarriage with my 1st pregnancy on jan. 4th 08 and didnt get my 1st period after m/c until feb. 19th and conceived again sometime at the beginning of march and fell pregnant again very easily without even trying!!! i have made it farther this pregnancy, my 1st pregnancy i miscarried at 7 weeks and i am now 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd pregnancy. hopefully i make it past the 1st trimester this time.
i think it all depends on your situation and dr and everything. i know when i had my miscarriage (but i had a molor pregnancy) i HAD to wait until 6 months, otherwise if my levels went back up id have to have another d&c and it could have possibly been the molors growing or a baby, they wouldnt know. so i absolutely had to wait.

for normal misscarriages i believe it really has to do with you situation, whether it was natural or had a d&c. i have heard after a d&c its better to wait a few months because they go in and scrape out the lining of your uterus which you need to have thickened up for the egg to have something to stick to. but really i would just ask your dr and see what they say! good luck
Hello, thank you for sharing your personal story with us!  I am always encouraged when I hear that someone in my same or similar circumstance went on to have a healthy baby without too many complications. I have to admit that I am excited of the thought of getting pregnant again. I'm going to wait about two months before trying (if my husband can hold off that long).

I was looking forward to showing off my big belly during the summer. Now when I see pregnant women it brings tears to my eyes. But, I know that time will make it easier, I'm optimistic, and I know that I will have a beautiful baby as well.
i got pregnant again after my first MC within 2 months but unfortunately had another one.  it is now 3 months later and the fertility doctor said we could start again,  so hopefully it will not take too long, but again i was pregnant within 2 months of my first MC
I just had miscarried little after six weeks. When my baby had no heartbeat. My doctor told us to wait for three cycles. I am afraid if I get pregnant before this. My baby wouldn't be healthy. Please let me know by posting your answers. Or email me ***@****

Sharon
lost of women get pregnant right after a miscarriage. i was told by someone doctors say wait a few cycles so they can date the next pregnancy better....i dont see why that is. because they can date a pregnancy by ultrasound or blood test but hey im not sure if its true
hi, i had a miscarriage in october of 2009.i was 7 weeks and 5 days. i was having difficulties then on oct 7th the drs told me the baby was fine and i heard the heart beat, then the next day i had a spontanious miscarriage, now me and my fiance are trying again, and my dr told me to try when i am ready, so we are ready. and we have been trying, i havnt tooken the pregnancy test yet. i am goiing to wait till november 17th.
I got pregnant next cyle after my mc. The doctor told me to wait but also said youa re more fertile as you uterus is laready thick and ready for a baby. I only have one tube so we tried and I am 7 weeks now and the baby is doing great. You always need to make sure your levels are abck down to normal and there is no more tissue left in you though. That can cuse problems. Also if your cervix has not closed back. I got checked for all of this first.
Should you wait to TTC even if the m/c was during the first 2 weeks? I never took a test, and my cycle was a couple of days early. But since for the first 4 days of it, it didn't stop at all, constant flow, my mom says I probably had a natural m/c. I had a D&C in Sept, and I've been on Clomid since November. I have a week to go before my first cycle after my supposed m/c. I have had one child (a son) who is 8 yrs now. I've been told by some nurses "You've had a child, you've proven yourself", but how true is this? I was on b/c and the father had a condom on and I still got preg. But now, 9 yrs later, I'm married, happy, and have been trying for almost a year to conceive.
But I don't know if I should still slow down for a couple cycles since I might have had the under two weeks natural m/c?
I have had a m/c in May 2007, and it took me three years to get pregnant again in March 2010. I lost the baby again recently at 8 weeks. I just had a D& C last week. I want to try again. How long should I wait? The dr told me 3 months. I heard you are more fertile now. Should we try again now? thanks!!!!
Is there a reason why your doctor said 3 months? He might want to give your body time to heal and a chance for your uterus to rebuild. See if there's a reason why he wants you to wait, and if he says there is none I would try again. Sometimes if you try too soon and your uterus doesn't get a chance to rebuild the lining, you could miscarry anyways because there's nothing for the egg to attach to. (Or not enough anyways)
I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks after 7 years of trying, I'm 36 healthy and active. I started spotting brown blood on Friday with period cramps and had a scan on the Monday by which time the bleeding was darker but not heavy and found out there was fetus with no heartbeat. Sent home and worried sick the cramps and bleeding got worse so I took paracetamol which eased pain slightly. I passed fetus Wednesday which was the size of my thumb, hospital said this was normal as womb lining came out. I didn't want a d&c and glad I didn't, bleeding is heavy now I'm soaking pads every hour.
I'm wondering when I can start trying for another baby as safely as possible as I'm 37 this summer and desperate.
I had a miscarriage on December 5th and conceived again on January 6th (before getting a period). I am now 28 weeks pregnant and things are going great. My doctor said that they recommend that you wait 3 cycles, but your chance of having another m/c only goes up very slightly. She said that the biggest reason that they say to wait is so that the doctors can easily date the pregnancy. I decided that it was worth the risk and we started trying as soon as the bleeding stopped. I found out that I was pregnant 9 days after conception!
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your pain. I will be 36 in October, and my husband and I have tried conceiving for 15 years. Last October, we found out we were pregnant and I carried the baby to 20 weeks before finding out that her heart had stopped. We waited 3 months after our loss before trying to conceive again, and I became pregnant within 3 months. Sadly, I began miscarrying again - almost as soon as I found out that I was pregnant. We aren't waiting again before trying, as time is not on our side any longer. I hope we both have success stories to tell in the near future!
I too have had a miscarriage 7 weeks into the pregnancy. My husband and I have a four year old daughter and have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 2 years.  We were so excited when we found out we were pregnant and immediately began turning our home office into a baby's room.  I began to expiernece problems with the pregnancy that I had not with my daughter and was told everything was fine.  One night I was doing laundry and felt a sharp cramp, the cramp got more persistant and when I went to the bathroom I was spotting slightly.  I work in the emergency room so I went to see if this was a miscarriage and was told that everything was fine to take a few days of bed rest.  On my third day of bed rest the doctor had me do a blood test.  The test revealed that I was miscarring and would soon pass fetal tissue.  It devistated my husband and I and now we are trying to decide if we really even want to go through this kind of pain again.
Your story sounds very similar to mine. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for about 2 years. We have a 3 year old daughter who will be 4 in April and we would love for her to have a brother or sister. I miscarried at 8 weeks on July 4 of this year and it was the hardest thing we have ever gone through. I was so happy to be pregnant again.. My first pregnancy was so easy. I had no complications at all, but very soon into my second pregnancy I knew something was wrong. We want to try again, but we just don't want to have to go through this ever again! Thank you for sharing your story, it helps to know there are other out there who feel as I do. I wish you luck and happiness. I hope all works out for you and your husband!:-)
Hi all, im so glad ive found this forum. Sorry to hear about your losses its so unfair.
I had a miscarriage in august,it was a blighted ovum but i didnt find out untll my 12 week scan. I went there thinking everything was fine as i'd had no bleeding or anything only to be told that i'd miscarried. A week later i had a D&C and after one period we decided to start TTC as yet still not pregnant :-(( Everyone keeps telling me to be patient but its so hard,im 24yrs old and i know thats young still but since the miscarriage i keep doubting myself that its not going to happen. Does anyone else feel like this? I want a baby more then anything, everday its all i think about but i cant forget what happened.I feel so negative about it all and i cant seem to lift my spirits. Please help...E xxx
I postd this on your wall but ill do it here too

I am in the same situation.  I found out at 12 weeks I had a blighted ovum and had a d&c done.  I am also 24 years. and I probably should say I had my d&c August 23.  It was really devastating....  I have waited two cycles before TTC again and just started this month.  I really really really want to be pregnant again but am terrified of having issues now.  my last pregnancy was unexpected and happen very easily so I hope thats a good sign but I read about alot of people having issues. I wish i could not think about it so much and just wait for it to happen but i cant. its always there in my mind.. Every time I have caffeine, etc. =) I hope we will get our BFP soon!
i had a D&C done on nov 19th 2010, it was the worst thing i have ever went threw my husband and i were devestated! I am 33 years old and had a reverse tubaligation a few months before and were so excited when we found out we were pregnant.  We called everybody in 7 counties to tell them our news!! Unfortuantly 11 weeks and 5 days later i lost my sweet baby that we all loved so much.  I am wondering if anybody has had a reverse tubaligation and had the same thing happen to them.  I am hopeing that i am pregnant again (it is jaunuary 12 2011) i feel morning sickness all day long and i feel tired and sick all day and i am hoping so much that i am.  
I had a miscarriage March 30, 2011 I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was absolutely devastated because my husband and I had been ttc for a year. I bleed for a week and am now taking ovulation tests to see when I will be ovulating. My doctor said that I do not have to wait to try and get pregnant, that when my body is ready it will happen. He also said that you don't have anymore risk of a miscarriage if you wait a few cycles or dont wait. I am hoping that it doesn't take me as long to get pregnant as the first time. My doctor also told me to keep taking my prenatal vitamins and also prescribed me more folic acid on top of what is already in my prenatal vitamins to help to get pregnant again. I am crossing my fingers and praying that the second time around is a success! I just want to let everyone know that I do get some comfort reading everybody's stories because when it happens to you, you feel so alone. The truth is that there is about a 50% chance of miscarriage in the first trimester! That is one statistic that makes my stomach turn. Because of all the success stories I am going to hold on to my faith that someday soon I will be able to hold my healthy baby! Thank You Everyone! :)
I was married a month and got pg with my son who is now 6 years old,we tried 4 years to get pg again,then in 09 found out that we was pg again,but after 2 months I lost it,so badly hurt by this and broken as well,so we kept tring then march of 2011 found out we was pg again,went in for my obgyn apointment on april 15 to find out no heart beat,once again this about killed me,on april 19 a day before my birthday I had to have a D&C.everyone keeps tell me that it will be easier to get pg now,however I have been told that my grandma had 3 miscarrages and that I might take after her,not sure.We want to try again just scared,not sure I can go through it again.
I am so happy to be reading everyone on here posts.  It makes me feels so happy to see that Im not alone going thru this emotional time in my life.  I am 35 years old. I have a 16 old daughter, who is also desperate to have a sibling.  I have been pregnant once in 2006 but miscarried early in the pregnancy.  But I just recently had a miscarriage in early April 2011 and I did not have a D&C, because my doctor convinced me that my body did everything naturally.  My question is being that I have not ovaluated yet since the miscarriage... I Think... will it be hard for me to conceive again.  Because I still have the symptoms of being pregnant.  FYI... I have been going to the doctor twice a week to have my HCG levels checked.  And as of last friday it was 34 and a will have it checked again this friday.  ANd suggestions, any advice.  
I have had two m/c one in early January......i got pregnant again the very next month....and sadly that one ended in a m/c as well.....my dr. said that not having a normal cycle in between could have caused my second m/c. she said that some of the tissue from the first pregnancy could have still been there......my advice would be to wait at least 1 cycle if not 2 to be on the safe side......good luck on your ttc journey
I had a miscarrige last month. When i was preganant i was getting all sorts of pains and symptons. But now i am having all of the pains and symptons again, does this mean i could be preganant again or is it to early?
I had heard that its easier to get pregnant fairly soon after a miscarriage so I asked the doctor this question when I went in for my D&C a few days ago. She, as well as the sonographer who did my scan, said definitely yes as your body is 'ready' for it and things are 'in place' - also something about the hormones.  I'm inclined to wait for just one cycle so I know myself that my body is back to normal, but just through Is share that with you all...

Sorry to all those who have miscarried. I was devestated when I went in for my 12 week scan, to be told that it hadn't grown and no heart beat. I had to wait for one week to see if my body would miscarry naturally but when it hadnt, I went in for the D&C.

Congrats to all those who have since had babies or are pregnant.. and good luck to all those trying. I will be trying myself soon...
Im 26 and had a d&c in march. I lost the pregnancy at 9 weeks 5 days. It took me 2 months to get my cycle back and 3 months after that to get pregnant again. I'm 10 weeks now and all is going well :)
I currently had a second miscarriage in October! We want a baby so bad! That is all we think about, my husband is so good with babies he is always playing with everyone else's babies I want to give him his own! My doctor ran a lot of tests trying to figure out why this is happening, 27 vile's and two weeks later my results came back saying I have MTHFR Gene Mutation. this is where my body will carry the baby so far and then my blood starts to clot where it stops blood flow to the baby, I am not taking baby aspirin everyday so I pray this works! All I can do is pray!
So sorry for everyones losses. I too had a miscarriage and i am broken. I cant seem to pull myself together, it is still early days. The hardest thing is to put on a happy face for everyone all the time as nobody knows, when all i want to do is hide away. I will be waiting for one normal cycle then trying again, this time cannot come quick enough.
Best of luck to you all...lots of baby dust x x
i too just had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago and waited two weeks before ttc.im waitng another week to buy that preg test with fingers crossed.it is emotionally difficult to act as if im ok with the loss and trying to go about my daily routine is hard. i was stupid enough to take advice on some internet sites that said stomach crunches were ok to do in the first trimester so went all out with at least 30 a day. now im riddled with guilt and cry myself to sleep . please please please make sure you dont do the same mistake as idid. DONT DO STOMACH EXERCISES if yopu fall preggers again ladies.
I have just found out today that I've had a m/c it was our first , planned. I was 12 weeks pregnant but baby showed up the size of 9 weeks. I am in bits, like so many of you have been to. It gives me strength to carry on seeing all your comments. We really keen on having children I just can't help but think of the worse like I always do. Part of me would like to try again ASAP. As my husband says good things happen to people that wait! Just not today :(
I am sure you read all the comments above and the philosophy of what is right and wrong, how long to wait etc. varies. It is a horrible thing to have to experience a M/C, but you will get better especially when you find out you are pregnant again since you really want a baby.
I had a M/C is May 2011, actually a D&C because like you the baby wasnt growing/maturing, no heartbeat. I was anywhere from 9-12 weeks along and baby never matured past 6 weeks. I followed my Dr. instructions after the D&C which was to wait one full cycle until trying again. Of course I wanted to try again right away, but waited. I stopped bleeding after 1 week, got a period about 3 weeks later. we started trying again after my period. The next month I had a short cycle, only 24 days and did not get pregnant. The next month, July, tried again and got pregnant, I am now 31 weeks. When you think about it waiting a month is not that bad and I believe it made my body stronger and more ready to handle this pregnancy and was totally worth the wait.
Good Luck!!
I got pregnant 4 Weeks after a stillbirth, i'm more 31 Weeks and all is going well
hope this happens to me
I just miss carried yesterday worst feeling of my life it also took me a vary long time to get pregnant. I finally did an the pain was beyond horrible I had two weeks tell I was three months along. Now, most women have miscarriages because it,is depending  on the blood type u an the father have. If u are,Rh negative and the baby was Rh possitive there is a conpleatly bigger chance to miscarry if,u dont know what ur blood type is u need to ask for it done if ur Rh negative they would have to give u a shot so when u do get pregnant again it,will most likly work out and prevent miscarriage for ur next child.  I have heard u can get,pregnant three times faster because u are more fertal then ever after a  miscarriage and because of that ur hormone levle is going down but if u still have an hcg level an have sex after a miscarriage ur more likley to get,pregnant. And now your body is prepaired for what can happen in ur body.
My doctor says to wait 6 months after the D&C do you think this is smart? Do I have to wait this long to have my body heal?
I had a missed miscarriage in october amd had to have a d&c and got pregnant again after one period at end of december im now 14weeks pregnant amd everythings good.
i just had a mc a few weeks ago i went to the hospital after spotting the docs were telling me i was 10 weeks but when i went for the ultra sound all they saw was a bag and no baby i had a natural mc but was also wondering if i would be able to get pregnant sooner cause we've def been trying but at the same time i'm still having emotional problems  and get angry and cry i guess cause i wanted itso bad i found out iwas prego 4 days b4 my 21 bday i really hope i can get prego soon my doc said we could have sex any time as long as it didn;'thurt and iwas  ready so when ever i stopped bleeding and right before itallcame out we did so maybe it will happen but good luck toall   who are   trying    
hi joining the club.. iam also 24 years old and i had a misscariiage in aprial 1st(no D&C),my doctor told me to try when iam redy.we started rite after that but no luck,i got my first period on may 11th. what to do..iam getting more frustrated..

can any one tell me how many months will it takes?may i have to take any obg appointments?
I jad a m/c last week :( which destroyd me . Amd hoping amd prayin that i become pregnant.soon as its all i ever wanted  . Im just scared thag the same will.happen again pls hlp xxx
hi ive just recently had a miscarrige a couple of days ago,im absolutly devastated,would just like to no what i went through is normal,i started bleedin 2 weeks ago so had an emergency scan,was told heart was slower than normal and booked for another scan a week after,inbetwwen then i started with cramping pains,they got worse as i got home from work then i went toilet n thought i had a miscarrige,i rang the hops and told them n she said the bleeding will calm down soon,my bleeding never stopped i was in the shower losing  lot off blood also having really large clots aswell,i eventually went to the hospital and was examined having more clots removed by the nurse,who also confirmed to me i have had a miscarrige,she then told me if the bleeding didnt stop i would have to taken down to theartre to operate,eventually the bleeding calmed down but was kept in over night as i had lost alot of blood,the doctor came to see me the next day and told me still to go to my scan as the nurse who examined had noted she had seen products of the pregnancy,i was totally confused and asked could they explain,and the doc said products have been seen so its why i should go to scan,ive never expericend a miscarrige be4 and really couldnt believe wot the doctor was saying,i havent got my hopes up as wot happened to me can not belive im still pregnant,would just like to no if any1 has been thru this as im so confused and scared at the same time xx
yes, its really hard i have my m/c last monday until now i can't get over it everytime i remember what i hapen to my baby it makes me cry.... its my first baby and im 34 years old. i hope to get pregnant as soon as i recover.
Hi just to let you know I had a miscarriage in June. I had no DNC done and did not get a cycle either. I just found out after 6 Weeks that I miscarried I found out im pregnat again. Im not sure how far along yet. I pray to God I go full term. It had been 12 years before the first miscarriage I had so I was pretty sad. Praying it works out this time.. This will be my first baby:)
I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago and I have just found out I'm pregnant again with no period in between. I'm freaking out
im 19 i have two kids and i recently had my first miscarriage i made to two months from what i know the DR SAID LET YOUR BODY HEAL FOR 3 MONTHS or LONGER im shocked but im not ready to have another kid right now body still going threw the loss but DR EVEN SOME WOMAN DONT KNOW THEY ARE PREGNANT OR HAVING A MISCARRIAGE THEY JUS THINK THERE LATE ON THERE PERIOD I KNOW THT SOUND SCARY IM GETTING ON THE SHOT I WANNA HAVE A BIG FAMILY BUT NOW IS NOT THE MOMENT IM A YOUNG SINGLE MOM

TAKE CARE IF YOUR TRYING
I had a D&C on April 13 2012 '& I been tryiin too have aa baby every since & nothiin keep happin. I juss wanna qive uhp on everything in life cause it seem like its never qoin too happen :(
my periods date was 30th sep nd not coming yet can i check preg test
hi i have recentley had a misscarrige at 5weeks im still upset it was my first time. it was really like a light period and didnt hurt with no clots so i am a bit glad it happened early rather than later. my question is, is it ok to fall pregnant straight after an early misscarrige? L xxxx
I misscarried @ 8w5d nd I am getting a d&c today! After my uterus & everything heals, I'm hoping to get pregnant right away! Hopefully I am more fertile because it took me 9 months to finally get pregnant! I'm 19 so I have A lot of time lol
-Lay
I was 17 weeks and 5 days my doctor told me to wait 3 months
I experienced my first miscarriage just yesterday. Me and my partner have been trying for over a year and a half now, we already have a 2 year old son and before that i had an abortion. Thursday afternoon i took 2 pregnancy test and they came up positive, we were over the moon and filled with excitement.. Everything was going great and then yesterday morning i went to the bathroom and had bleeding. It continued to get heavier and soon after that i had small blood clots come out. So i went to the doctor and did some blood test.. This morning i woke up and went to the bathroom and a experienced a big blood clot and i knew straight away that i must have miscarriage. So i went straight to the doctor, and when for a scan and he basically told me that i had a miscarriage.. My partner and i are devastated.. But my doctor said to start trying in a week and a bit when i ovulate next, and have high chances of falling pregnant again within the next cycle...
Hi I went thru a mc in December and it put me in the hospital . I lost almost all my blood . It was horrible . I was 12 weeks but baby was 9 weeks . I didn't have to have a d&c my ob said he got everything out . I've been going and getting blood drawn till my hcg levels get to 0 and I'm almost there . I'm still hurt from it but me and my husband are ready to try as soon as the dr says I'm to zero . We both have a kid with diff ppl and want one together ! I just am afraid of having another mc cause that would prolly kill me this time . And I don't want that . I wish drs could protect us women from this happening but it's gods work . Good luck ladies !
I find it very theraputic to read everyone's story.  I don't feel so alone.  I had a miscarriage Saturday, February 9, 2013.  Prior to my miscarriage I was spotting brown colored blood.  Occassionally, it was red.  I told my Dr.  She said it was normal.  I had an untrasound.  I saw my baby's heartbeat.  It was normal (106 beats).  I was on cloud 99!!  The day of my miscarriage started off pretty normal.  I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I felt a like I urinated on myself.  I ran to the bathroom to see what was going on--it was blood.  My husband and I rushed to the hospital.  I was still bleeding sporatically so I knew I was losing my baby.  They gave me an ultrasound and it confirmed my worst fear, I lost my baby.  I was 7 weeks, 3 days.  I had no cramping.  That Tuesaday, I had a D&C.  I was told I only had to wait one cycle.  I've never wanted my period so badly. What makes me scared is I'm 41!  My husband and I tried for over a year to get pregnant.  I'm wondering is there anyone else who was my age and still conceived after a miscarriage at my age. How long did it take?
I just had a m/c at 6.5 weeks naturaly, my doctor said there was NO REASON to wait, she said I could get pregant as early as 2 weeks after my m/c! buuuut if you have a  m/c and its "un-natural" you should indeed wait anywhere from 6weeks-12weeks depending on the sorry to say but removal! as far as i know it can cause scar tissue when a dr has to actually go in and clean and that sometimes may cause complications but naturaly it doesnt its kinda like having a period when ur body just flushes itself
im sorry for your miscarriage i got pregnant at 19 for the first time and i had a scan at 8 weeks 5 days and i had had a missed miscarriage so 3 days later i had a d&c my next period came quite soon after i had the d&c on the 15th of december 2012 and i took a pregnancy test and had a scan on the 8th of february showing i was pregnant again 2 weeks later i had a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks i got told for every pregnancy theres a 1 in 4 chance  of miscarrying and its  likely to happen more than 3 times my advice is try to take as much stress out of your life have fun trying and keep taking folic acid and iodine tablets becuase before you even know your pregnant the babys brain has already started to develop and when your body is ready it will happen good luck and i hope this helps and if you smoke or drink stop both because both affect your fertility chances
I am also 26 and currently miscarrying I was just under 7 weeks too, we tried for 3 years to get pregnant as we have no children at all yet and are dying for a family. I had already lost a baby 7 years ago just under 7 weeks too, my husband and I are hoping so badly that we fall pregnant soon and that we don't have to wait another 3 years. I hope there is some truth that you are more fertile after being pregnant because I am so desperate for a baby, there is nothing I could have possibly done to stop the miscarriage, I ate healthy, I don't drink, or smoke I was even scared to put any kind of pressure on the baby for example the way I would site or lie down. I constantly got help up or made sure I didn't twist my body which I know is being overly protective. Praying to St Gerard and god everyday to have a healthy little baby but feel blessed to carry 2 little angels for the little time I did. I hope you all go on to have a healthy pregnancy my thoughts are with you all xxxxx Jules xxx
I had a missed miscarriage, technically baby stopped growing confirmed by the obgyn at 8weeks I was 14 weeks and 6 days when I actually went through the miscarriage and baby came out, I didn't smoke, or drink or do anything unhealthy i have never had a miscarriage before I was sad and shocked I have two healthy kids a boy and girl, my son is turning five in october and our daughter just turned 2 a couple days before we lost our baby vaginally, I had a natural miscarriage everything came out by itself I am completely cleaned out no clots or tissue and i only bled for a week and a day and it wasn't bad I didn't hurt or anything except for the day it happened we are currently trying again since today, I am staying unstressed as much as possible eating healthy and just having fun with my husband we have been together for so long, I never in a million years thought that would happen to me, the scary thing i think about, is my mom had a miscarriage TWICE and my husband's mom also MISCARRIED and I seem to be following my mom step for step! and that is scary :( I'm just like her except for the high blood pressure and drinking and smoking i don't do, would you think you are JUST like your mom if everything happened just like it did to her? P.S I am so sorry you all have gone through this, it's not fair to have the baby so close to your heart just to lose it, they are precious and everything happens for a reason you just have to stay strong, i still remember what my baby looks like out of my body it was chubby and cute and half the length of my pinkie it was so small! I felt so bad that i couldn't do anything to protect our baby it did hurt for a couple of days all i did was cry but that doesn't mean i will give up! <3 you ladys good luck for those TTC and god's protection you have a safe pregnancy! <3
Hi friends I'm diseperate to get pregnant I'm 25 yrs old I'm last year till now
I too had a mc 2 wks ago at 13wks5days. It is the most painful thing that i've encountered in my life. Everyday i'm researching online to see what my chances are of getting pregnant again since i'm 36yrs old. I have a 17year old son and never thought in a million years that I would get pregnant again. Me and my husband have been trying for quite some time now and finally we found out that we were pregnant. We couldn't believe it at first since we have been trying and have not succeeded. I was super excited so I told all my friends and families around the globe the exciting news; until one day on a Friday afternoon I felt a sharp pain on my left abdominal and when I went to the bathroom that's when I see the spotting. I immediately called my dr  because I felt like something was wrong but I was told that it was normal to spot but I was freaking out so he said for me to go ahead and go to ER just to be on the safe side. Throughout the whole time I was waiting in the waiting room I felt as if something was wrong and 8 hours later I was told that there was no heartbeat. They did an emergency D&C since I was bleeding really hard. I found this page which really helped me alot. I'm very sorry that you all had to experience this I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I still cry about it and find it very hard to talk about and as I said this page really helped me alot. I really want to try again but I am super scared to through this pain again. My dr told me that we can get pregnant again but I don't know if it's going to happen again since i'm 36. I wish you all the best and for those who are ttc may you blessed with a beautiful and healthy pregnancy. God bless you all and thank you for sharing your story.
Lu
Well I am 15 years old and got pregnant, I found out and I was nervous but I wass also excited all at the same time, I was preparing mysself I had my firsssst ultrasound they said they couldn't hear a heartbeat but not to worry I could be to early so I went for my second one a week later. Still no heartbeat so they told me they were sending me to a specialist to wait. Sso I did for about a week, I was getting tired of waiting so I called maternatiy and they said my blood work came back negative. I was about 2 months and 2 days baby stopped growing about that time but I got told all this that day I was suppose to be about 3 monthths but I lost it. :(, 2 days later and told me to come in for a rh needle? I got it and then they gave me a medince to get the baby out, I took the medince and about an hour later I passed the sac, I was devasted but I was wandering if now I can get pregant easier , and if it is bad to get pregnant again right after a MC . And if I will keep having them?
Ok
I had a miscarriage October 19 on Saturday 2013  an I was 3months an 4 days I started to hurt really bad in my stomach for 2 hours I could not stand up without trying to fall an when I got the chance I walked out of the bedroom I told my husband to call 911 for them to take me to the hospital I had lost the baby when I went to use the bathroom befor they came to get me so if my levels down come down what will they do
I have a twelve year old daughter and have had five abortions after my child at chinese hospitals.I got married and managed to get pregnant in eleven months but had a miscarriage under four weeks.iv been unable to conceive since then.could the abortions I had be the cause of my miscarriage and failure to conceive?I trully regret the abortions,I was lost in the world.
I m/c on june the 5 th at 10 weeks my husband and I have been trying for a year and a half to get pregnant and we did and we're so happy and next thing we no is we m/c it hurt us so bad and we have yet to have gotten pregnant
i have a long distance marriage...my husband is in canada and i am waiting up for my sponsorship. i got pregnant when my husband came to visit me for a month...it was unplanned. anyway we got happy, i got attached to the baby but i had a mc after 2 months pregnancy.. during these months i was really stressed out all the time, i used t be depressed and also cry alot, they must be hormones that i couldnt handle but it all got to my baby and i lost it...sometimes i feel so guilty that maybe it was my stress that has done that to my baby...i cant even take the advantage of being more fertile after the mc as my husband is away.
you r too young to be a mother...u r just 15.
I just finish miscarrying my baby a few days ago. This would have been my second child. The one thing in life I have been the most proud of is my child. When I went to my first check up to confirm my pregnancy they told  me I was around 7 weeks along. Two weeks later exactly I started to bleed. First off it was light like a tad bit of pink when I went to wipe. And within 10-15 mins a   little more blood followed. I went to the ER immediately. That trip was so scary and  for the first time I had to think of the one thing I never thought i had to. " I am going to lose my Baby" After a sonogram and  all the tests they said the baby was okay and the heart beat was normal 122 beats per minutes and from the size I was roughly 6w2days pregnant. The bleeding continued into the next day. I went to the womens center to see if everything was okay because the bleeding became constant at that point. They did a pevlic exam to test for infections and everything checked out a okay. Although both doubted I would miscarry but any kind of bleeding is put into this term "threatened miscarriage". All this happened right as I happened to be out of state. The next day I passed a quarter sized Black/Red jelly *bloodclot* and swore I had miscarried. I was so empty inside and did not bother going back to the doctor. I headed back to my home state 24 hours later. Something told me to go back to the ER and make sure the miscarriage was completed. Low and behold the baby was still alive BUT while they were doing the sonogram the baby dropped from the top of my uterus to the bottom. The heart beat was now 107bpm and two days before it was 122bpm. So i knew somthing was wrong. They drew my HGC levels and told me to come back in two days. They did warn me and say the baby is going to miscarry and should happen within 48 hours. Almost excactly 48 hours later I miscarried at home. I passed a big tissue substance that did not resemble a sac or a baby. But I knew it was something that normally would not just come out of me. So two days later I went to confirm the miscarriage also for pain control. The baby was gone. The tissue substance I passed was indeed my baby. The emotional pain and physical pain I went through and still am going through is  the toughest thing ever. But my doctors assured me that since I have birthed a healthy child  before that without a doubt my next pregnancy will be a healthy one. So She said after my first cycle I can start trying again! I was overjoyed to find out about my pregnancy but saddened beyond words to find out that it was gone so soon. Ladies these posts give me hope and I will try to follow up on my progress on trying to conceive. With all the love in my heart I hope the best for each and every one of you. God bless and good luck to you all.
I HAVE FOUND A SPELL CASTER WHO HELPED ME WITH A FERTILITY SPELL AND HELPED ME HAVE MY OWN BABY. IT ALL HAPPENED WHEN MY HUSBAND SENT ME PACKING FOR NOT ABLE TO GIVE HIM A BABY AFTER 7YEARS OF OUR MARRIAGE. HE his CHEATING ON ME OPENLY WITH THE EXCUSE THAT I COULDNT BEAR A CHILD FOR HIM. I DID ALL I COULD, I eat DIFFERENT PILls AND NOTHING HAPPENED, A FRIEND GAVE ME THE CONTACT OF chief oduwa legba WHO HELPED HER GET HER HUSBAND BACK AND ALSO HELPED HER HAVE A BABY. I DECIDED TO CONTACT HIM FOR A FERTILITY SPELL, HE ASSURED ME OF 100% SUCCESS, I GAVE HIM A CHANCE TO CAST THE SPELL, 2DAYS AFTER THE SPELL, MY HUSBAND CALLED ME BACK AND APOLOGIZE FOR SENDING ME AWAY. WE STARTED LIVING TOGETHER AGAIN AS HUSBAND AND WIFE AND BEHOLD FEW WEEKS LATER AFTER THE SPELL I MISSED MY PERIOD AND WHEN I WENT FOR TEST, THE DOCTOR CONFIRMED THAT I AM PREGNANT, I WAS VERY HAPPY.TODAY I AM WRITING THIS TESTIMONY WITH MY BABY ON MY LAP SMILING AT ME. ALL MY HUMBLE THANKS GOES TO chief oduwa legba FOR SAVING MY MARRIAGE AND HELPING ME WITH THE FERTILITY SPELL. ANYONE SEEKING FOR HELP TO HAVE A BABY OR WIN YOUR HUSBAND BACK, YOU DONT NEED TO SEARCH AGAIN, JUST CONTACT chief oduwa legba, VIA HIS EMAIL ***@**** OR HIS PHONE NUMBER +2348165061583. I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.
I don't know how you did it, but you did it.i am pregnant after so meaning years, thanks to prophet James and if you want a final solution about your pregnancy you can contact him via ***@**** or cell phone +2347035825346