Is it easier to get pregnant after miscarriage?i need medical reasonings please
I am 26 years old and after trying for a whole year to fall pregnant naturally, i finally did, only to have a miscarriage 6.5 weeks in. I was devastated but now(only a few days later) i am alot more optimistic and positive about the whole situation. However i am really scared that it is going to take me a whole other year to get pregnant. People say its easier to get pregnant once you have before, i would like to know medically why this is the case or is it just a wives tale(i do come from a medical background but cant find any information on this.) Also i understand you have a 1 in4 chance of the first one being a miscarriage, i would also like to know why they say that the chance of it happening a second time is less... please help ease my mind, i desperately wanted  a baby, and i am pretty positive it will happen i just dont want to wait a year or so to get pregnant again only to go through something bad. I am still quite young and i was under the impression that its alot easier when you are young
I was married a month and got pg with my son who is now 6 years old,we tried 4 years to get pg again,then in 09 found out that we was pg again,but after 2 months I lost it,so badly hurt by this and broken as well,so we kept tring then march of 2011 found out we was pg again,went in for my obgyn apointment on april 15 to find out no heart beat,once again this about killed me,on april 19 a day before my birthday I had to have a D&C.everyone keeps tell me that it will be easier to get pg now,however I have been told that my grandma had 3 miscarrages and that I might take after her,not sure.We want to try again just scared,not sure I can go through it again.
I am so happy to be reading everyone on here posts.  It makes me feels so happy to see that Im not alone going thru this emotional time in my life.  I am 35 years old. I have a 16 old daughter, who is also desperate to have a sibling.  I have been pregnant once in 2006 but miscarried early in the pregnancy.  But I just recently had a miscarriage in early April 2011 and I did not have a D&C, because my doctor convinced me that my body did everything naturally.  My question is being that I have not ovaluated yet since the miscarriage... I Think... will it be hard for me to conceive again.  Because I still have the symptoms of being pregnant.  FYI... I have been going to the doctor twice a week to have my HCG levels checked.  And as of last friday it was 34 and a will have it checked again this friday.  ANd suggestions, any advice.  
I have had two m/c one in early January......i got pregnant again the very next month....and sadly that one ended in a m/c as well.....my dr. said that not having a normal cycle in between could have caused my second m/c. she said that some of the tissue from the first pregnancy could have still been there......my advice would be to wait at least 1 cycle if not 2 to be on the safe side......good luck on your ttc journey
I had a miscarrige last month. When i was preganant i was getting all sorts of pains and symptons. But now i am having all of the pains and symptons again, does this mean i could be preganant again or is it to early?
I had heard that its easier to get pregnant fairly soon after a miscarriage so I asked the doctor this question when I went in for my D&C a few days ago. She, as well as the sonographer who did my scan, said definitely yes as your body is 'ready' for it and things are 'in place' - also something about the hormones.  I'm inclined to wait for just one cycle so I know myself that my body is back to normal, but just through Is share that with you all...

Sorry to all those who have miscarried. I was devestated when I went in for my 12 week scan, to be told that it hadn't grown and no heart beat. I had to wait for one week to see if my body would miscarry naturally but when it hadnt, I went in for the D&C.

Congrats to all those who have since had babies or are pregnant.. and good luck to all those trying. I will be trying myself soon...
Im 26 and had a d&c in march. I lost the pregnancy at 9 weeks 5 days. It took me 2 months to get my cycle back and 3 months after that to get pregnant again. I'm 10 weeks now and all is going well :)
I currently had a second miscarriage in October! We want a baby so bad! That is all we think about, my husband is so good with babies he is always playing with everyone else's babies I want to give him his own! My doctor ran a lot of tests trying to figure out why this is happening, 27 vile's and two weeks later my results came back saying I have MTHFR Gene Mutation. this is where my body will carry the baby so far and then my blood starts to clot where it stops blood flow to the baby, I am not taking baby aspirin everyday so I pray this works! All I can do is pray!
So sorry for everyones losses. I too had a miscarriage and i am broken. I cant seem to pull myself together, it is still early days. The hardest thing is to put on a happy face for everyone all the time as nobody knows, when all i want to do is hide away. I will be waiting for one normal cycle then trying again, this time cannot come quick enough.
Best of luck to you all...lots of baby dust x x
i too just had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago and waited two weeks before ttc.im waitng another week to buy that preg test with fingers crossed.it is emotionally difficult to act as if im ok with the loss and trying to go about my daily routine is hard. i was stupid enough to take advice on some internet sites that said stomach crunches were ok to do in the first trimester so went all out with at least 30 a day. now im riddled with guilt and cry myself to sleep . please please please make sure you dont do the same mistake as idid. DONT DO STOMACH EXERCISES if yopu fall preggers again ladies.
I have just found out today that I've had a m/c it was our first , planned. I was 12 weeks pregnant but baby showed up the size of 9 weeks. I am in bits, like so many of you have been to. It gives me strength to carry on seeing all your comments. We really keen on having children I just can't help but think of the worse like I always do. Part of me would like to try again ASAP. As my husband says good things happen to people that wait! Just not today :(
I am sure you read all the comments above and the philosophy of what is right and wrong, how long to wait etc. varies. It is a horrible thing to have to experience a M/C, but you will get better especially when you find out you are pregnant again since you really want a baby.
I had a M/C is May 2011, actually a D&C because like you the baby wasnt growing/maturing, no heartbeat. I was anywhere from 9-12 weeks along and baby never matured past 6 weeks. I followed my Dr. instructions after the D&C which was to wait one full cycle until trying again. Of course I wanted to try again right away, but waited. I stopped bleeding after 1 week, got a period about 3 weeks later. we started trying again after my period. The next month I had a short cycle, only 24 days and did not get pregnant. The next month, July, tried again and got pregnant, I am now 31 weeks. When you think about it waiting a month is not that bad and I believe it made my body stronger and more ready to handle this pregnancy and was totally worth the wait.
Good Luck!!
I got pregnant 4 Weeks after a stillbirth, i'm more 31 Weeks and all is going well
hope this happens to me
I just miss carried yesterday worst feeling of my life it also took me a vary long time to get pregnant. I finally did an the pain was beyond horrible I had two weeks tell I was three months along. Now, most women have miscarriages because it,is depending  on the blood type u an the father have. If u are,Rh negative and the baby was Rh possitive there is a conpleatly bigger chance to miscarry if,u dont know what ur blood type is u need to ask for it done if ur Rh negative they would have to give u a shot so when u do get pregnant again it,will most likly work out and prevent miscarriage for ur next child.  I have heard u can get,pregnant three times faster because u are more fertal then ever after a  miscarriage and because of that ur hormone levle is going down but if u still have an hcg level an have sex after a miscarriage ur more likley to get,pregnant. And now your body is prepaired for what can happen in ur body.
My doctor says to wait 6 months after the D&C do you think this is smart? Do I have to wait this long to have my body heal?
I had a missed miscarriage in october amd had to have a d&c and got pregnant again after one period at end of december im now 14weeks pregnant amd everythings good.
i just had a mc a few weeks ago i went to the hospital after spotting the docs were telling me i was 10 weeks but when i went for the ultra sound all they saw was a bag and no baby i had a natural mc but was also wondering if i would be able to get pregnant sooner cause we've def been trying but at the same time i'm still having emotional problems  and get angry and cry i guess cause i wanted itso bad i found out iwas prego 4 days b4 my 21 bday i really hope i can get prego soon my doc said we could have sex any time as long as it didn;'thurt and iwas  ready so when ever i stopped bleeding and right before itallcame out we did so maybe it will happen but good luck toall   who are   trying    
hi joining the club.. iam also 24 years old and i had a misscariiage in aprial 1st(no D&C),my doctor told me to try when iam redy.we started rite after that but no luck,i got my first period on may 11th. what to do..iam getting more frustrated..

can any one tell me how many months will it takes?may i have to take any obg appointments?
I jad a m/c last week :( which destroyd me . Amd hoping amd prayin that i become pregnant.soon as its all i ever wanted  . Im just scared thag the same will.happen again pls hlp xxx
hi ive just recently had a miscarrige a couple of days ago,im absolutly devastated,would just like to no what i went through is normal,i started bleedin 2 weeks ago so had an emergency scan,was told heart was slower than normal and booked for another scan a week after,inbetwwen then i started with cramping pains,they got worse as i got home from work then i went toilet n thought i had a miscarrige,i rang the hops and told them n she said the bleeding will calm down soon,my bleeding never stopped i was in the shower losing  lot off blood also having really large clots aswell,i eventually went to the hospital and was examined having more clots removed by the nurse,who also confirmed to me i have had a miscarrige,she then told me if the bleeding didnt stop i would have to taken down to theartre to operate,eventually the bleeding calmed down but was kept in over night as i had lost alot of blood,the doctor came to see me the next day and told me still to go to my scan as the nurse who examined had noted she had seen products of the pregnancy,i was totally confused and asked could they explain,and the doc said products have been seen so its why i should go to scan,ive never expericend a miscarrige be4 and really couldnt believe wot the doctor was saying,i havent got my hopes up as wot happened to me can not belive im still pregnant,would just like to no if any1 has been thru this as im so confused and scared at the same time xx
yes, its really hard i have my m/c last monday until now i can't get over it everytime i remember what i hapen to my baby it makes me cry.... its my first baby and im 34 years old. i hope to get pregnant as soon as i recover.
Hi just to let you know I had a miscarriage in June. I had no DNC done and did not get a cycle either. I just found out after 6 Weeks that I miscarried I found out im pregnat again. Im not sure how far along yet. I pray to God I go full term. It had been 12 years before the first miscarriage I had so I was pretty sad. Praying it works out this time.. This will be my first baby:)
I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago and I have just found out I'm pregnant again with no period in between. I'm freaking out
im 19 i have two kids and i recently had my first miscarriage i made to two months from what i know the DR SAID LET YOUR BODY HEAL FOR 3 MONTHS or LONGER im shocked but im not ready to have another kid right now body still going threw the loss but DR EVEN SOME WOMAN DONT KNOW THEY ARE PREGNANT OR HAVING A MISCARRIAGE THEY JUS THINK THERE LATE ON THERE PERIOD I KNOW THT SOUND SCARY IM GETTING ON THE SHOT I WANNA HAVE A BIG FAMILY BUT NOW IS NOT THE MOMENT IM A YOUNG SINGLE MOM

TAKE CARE IF YOUR TRYING
I had a D&C on April 13 2012 '& I been tryiin too have aa baby every since & nothiin keep happin. I juss wanna qive uhp on everything in life cause it seem like its never qoin too happen :(
my periods date was 30th sep nd not coming yet can i check preg test
hi i have recentley had a misscarrige at 5weeks im still upset it was my first time. it was really like a light period and didnt hurt with no clots so i am a bit glad it happened early rather than later. my question is, is it ok to fall pregnant straight after an early misscarrige? L xxxx
I misscarried @ 8w5d nd I am getting a d&c today! After my uterus & everything heals, I'm hoping to get pregnant right away! Hopefully I am more fertile because it took me 9 months to finally get pregnant! I'm 19 so I have A lot of time lol
-Lay
I was 17 weeks and 5 days my doctor told me to wait 3 months
I experienced my first miscarriage just yesterday. Me and my partner have been trying for over a year and a half now, we already have a 2 year old son and before that i had an abortion. Thursday afternoon i took 2 pregnancy test and they came up positive, we were over the moon and filled with excitement.. Everything was going great and then yesterday morning i went to the bathroom and had bleeding. It continued to get heavier and soon after that i had small blood clots come out. So i went to the doctor and did some blood test.. This morning i woke up and went to the bathroom and a experienced a big blood clot and i knew straight away that i must have miscarriage. So i went straight to the doctor, and when for a scan and he basically told me that i had a miscarriage.. My partner and i are devastated.. But my doctor said to start trying in a week and a bit when i ovulate next, and have high chances of falling pregnant again within the next cycle...
Hi I went thru a mc in December and it put me in the hospital . I lost almost all my blood . It was horrible . I was 12 weeks but baby was 9 weeks . I didn't have to have a d&c my ob said he got everything out . I've been going and getting blood drawn till my hcg levels get to 0 and I'm almost there . I'm still hurt from it but me and my husband are ready to try as soon as the dr says I'm to zero . We both have a kid with diff ppl and want one together ! I just am afraid of having another mc cause that would prolly kill me this time . And I don't want that . I wish drs could protect us women from this happening but it's gods work . Good luck ladies !
I find it very theraputic to read everyone's story.  I don't feel so alone.  I had a miscarriage Saturday, February 9, 2013.  Prior to my miscarriage I was spotting brown colored blood.  Occassionally, it was red.  I told my Dr.  She said it was normal.  I had an untrasound.  I saw my baby's heartbeat.  It was normal (106 beats).  I was on cloud 99!!  The day of my miscarriage started off pretty normal.  I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I felt a like I urinated on myself.  I ran to the bathroom to see what was going on--it was blood.  My husband and I rushed to the hospital.  I was still bleeding sporatically so I knew I was losing my baby.  They gave me an ultrasound and it confirmed my worst fear, I lost my baby.  I was 7 weeks, 3 days.  I had no cramping.  That Tuesaday, I had a D&C.  I was told I only had to wait one cycle.  I've never wanted my period so badly. What makes me scared is I'm 41!  My husband and I tried for over a year to get pregnant.  I'm wondering is there anyone else who was my age and still conceived after a miscarriage at my age. How long did it take?
I just had a m/c at 6.5 weeks naturaly, my doctor said there was NO REASON to wait, she said I could get pregant as early as 2 weeks after my m/c! buuuut if you have a  m/c and its "un-natural" you should indeed wait anywhere from 6weeks-12weeks depending on the sorry to say but removal! as far as i know it can cause scar tissue when a dr has to actually go in and clean and that sometimes may cause complications but naturaly it doesnt its kinda like having a period when ur body just flushes itself
im sorry for your miscarriage i got pregnant at 19 for the first time and i had a scan at 8 weeks 5 days and i had had a missed miscarriage so 3 days later i had a d&c my next period came quite soon after i had the d&c on the 15th of december 2012 and i took a pregnancy test and had a scan on the 8th of february showing i was pregnant again 2 weeks later i had a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks i got told for every pregnancy theres a 1 in 4 chance  of miscarrying and its  likely to happen more than 3 times my advice is try to take as much stress out of your life have fun trying and keep taking folic acid and iodine tablets becuase before you even know your pregnant the babys brain has already started to develop and when your body is ready it will happen good luck and i hope this helps and if you smoke or drink stop both because both affect your fertility chances
I am also 26 and currently miscarrying I was just under 7 weeks too, we tried for 3 years to get pregnant as we have no children at all yet and are dying for a family. I had already lost a baby 7 years ago just under 7 weeks too, my husband and I are hoping so badly that we fall pregnant soon and that we don't have to wait another 3 years. I hope there is some truth that you are more fertile after being pregnant because I am so desperate for a baby, there is nothing I could have possibly done to stop the miscarriage, I ate healthy, I don't drink, or smoke I was even scared to put any kind of pressure on the baby for example the way I would site or lie down. I constantly got help up or made sure I didn't twist my body which I know is being overly protective. Praying to St Gerard and god everyday to have a healthy little baby but feel blessed to carry 2 little angels for the little time I did. I hope you all go on to have a healthy pregnancy my thoughts are with you all xxxxx Jules xxx
I had a missed miscarriage, technically baby stopped growing confirmed by the obgyn at 8weeks I was 14 weeks and 6 days when I actually went through the miscarriage and baby came out, I didn't smoke, or drink or do anything unhealthy i have never had a miscarriage before I was sad and shocked I have two healthy kids a boy and girl, my son is turning five in october and our daughter just turned 2 a couple days before we lost our baby vaginally, I had a natural miscarriage everything came out by itself I am completely cleaned out no clots or tissue and i only bled for a week and a day and it wasn't bad I didn't hurt or anything except for the day it happened we are currently trying again since today, I am staying unstressed as much as possible eating healthy and just having fun with my husband we have been together for so long, I never in a million years thought that would happen to me, the scary thing i think about, is my mom had a miscarriage TWICE and my husband's mom also MISCARRIED and I seem to be following my mom step for step! and that is scary :( I'm just like her except for the high blood pressure and drinking and smoking i don't do, would you think you are JUST like your mom if everything happened just like it did to her? P.S I am so sorry you all have gone through this, it's not fair to have the baby so close to your heart just to lose it, they are precious and everything happens for a reason you just have to stay strong, i still remember what my baby looks like out of my body it was chubby and cute and half the length of my pinkie it was so small! I felt so bad that i couldn't do anything to protect our baby it did hurt for a couple of days all i did was cry but that doesn't mean i will give up! <3 you ladys good luck for those TTC and god's protection you have a safe pregnancy! <3
Hi friends I'm diseperate to get pregnant I'm 25 yrs old I'm last year till now
I too had a mc 2 wks ago at 13wks5days. It is the most painful thing that i've encountered in my life. Everyday i'm researching online to see what my chances are of getting pregnant again since i'm 36yrs old. I have a 17year old son and never thought in a million years that I would get pregnant again. Me and my husband have been trying for quite some time now and finally we found out that we were pregnant. We couldn't believe it at first since we have been trying and have not succeeded. I was super excited so I told all my friends and families around the globe the exciting news; until one day on a Friday afternoon I felt a sharp pain on my left abdominal and when I went to the bathroom that's when I see the spotting. I immediately called my dr  because I felt like something was wrong but I was told that it was normal to spot but I was freaking out so he said for me to go ahead and go to ER just to be on the safe side. Throughout the whole time I was waiting in the waiting room I felt as if something was wrong and 8 hours later I was told that there was no heartbeat. They did an emergency D&C since I was bleeding really hard. I found this page which really helped me alot. I'm very sorry that you all had to experience this I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I still cry about it and find it very hard to talk about and as I said this page really helped me alot. I really want to try again but I am super scared to through this pain again. My dr told me that we can get pregnant again but I don't know if it's going to happen again since i'm 36. I wish you all the best and for those who are ttc may you blessed with a beautiful and healthy pregnancy. God bless you all and thank you for sharing your story.
Lu
Well I am 15 years old and got pregnant, I found out and I was nervous but I wass also excited all at the same time, I was preparing mysself I had my firsssst ultrasound they said they couldn't hear a heartbeat but not to worry I could be to early so I went for my second one a week later. Still no heartbeat so they told me they were sending me to a specialist to wait. Sso I did for about a week, I was getting tired of waiting so I called maternatiy and they said my blood work came back negative. I was about 2 months and 2 days baby stopped growing about that time but I got told all this that day I was suppose to be about 3 monthths but I lost it. :(, 2 days later and told me to come in for a rh needle? I got it and then they gave me a medince to get the baby out, I took the medince and about an hour later I passed the sac, I was devasted but I was wandering if now I can get pregant easier , and if it is bad to get pregnant again right after a MC . And if I will keep having them?
Ok
I had a miscarriage October 19 on Saturday 2013  an I was 3months an 4 days I started to hurt really bad in my stomach for 2 hours I could not stand up without trying to fall an when I got the chance I walked out of the bedroom I told my husband to call 911 for them to take me to the hospital I had lost the baby when I went to use the bathroom befor they came to get me so if my levels down come down what will they do
I have a twelve year old daughter and have had five abortions after my child at chinese hospitals.I got married and managed to get pregnant in eleven months but had a miscarriage under four weeks.iv been unable to conceive since then.could the abortions I had be the cause of my miscarriage and failure to conceive?I trully regret the abortions,I was lost in the world.
I m/c on june the 5 th at 10 weeks my husband and I have been trying for a year and a half to get pregnant and we did and we're so happy and next thing we no is we m/c it hurt us so bad and we have yet to have gotten pregnant
i have a long distance marriage...my husband is in canada and i am waiting up for my sponsorship. i got pregnant when my husband came to visit me for a month...it was unplanned. anyway we got happy, i got attached to the baby but i had a mc after 2 months pregnancy.. during these months i was really stressed out all the time, i used t be depressed and also cry alot, they must be hormones that i couldnt handle but it all got to my baby and i lost it...sometimes i feel so guilty that maybe it was my stress that has done that to my baby...i cant even take the advantage of being more fertile after the mc as my husband is away.
you r too young to be a mother...u r just 15.
I just finish miscarrying my baby a few days ago. This would have been my second child. The one thing in life I have been the most proud of is my child. When I went to my first check up to confirm my pregnancy they told  me I was around 7 weeks along. Two weeks later exactly I started to bleed. First off it was light like a tad bit of pink when I went to wipe. And within 10-15 mins a   little more blood followed. I went to the ER immediately. That trip was so scary and  for the first time I had to think of the one thing I never thought i had to. " I am going to lose my Baby" After a sonogram and  all the tests they said the baby was okay and the heart beat was normal 122 beats per minutes and from the size I was roughly 6w2days pregnant. The bleeding continued into the next day. I went to the womens center to see if everything was okay because the bleeding became constant at that point. They did a pevlic exam to test for infections and everything checked out a okay. Although both doubted I would miscarry but any kind of bleeding is put into this term "threatened miscarriage". All this happened right as I happened to be out of state. The next day I passed a quarter sized Black/Red jelly *bloodclot* and swore I had miscarried. I was so empty inside and did not bother going back to the doctor. I headed back to my home state 24 hours later. Something told me to go back to the ER and make sure the miscarriage was completed. Low and behold the baby was still alive BUT while they were doing the sonogram the baby dropped from the top of my uterus to the bottom. The heart beat was now 107bpm and two days before it was 122bpm. So i knew somthing was wrong. They drew my HGC levels and told me to come back in two days. They did warn me and say the baby is going to miscarry and should happen within 48 hours. Almost excactly 48 hours later I miscarried at home. I passed a big tissue substance that did not resemble a sac or a baby. But I knew it was something that normally would not just come out of me. So two days later I went to confirm the miscarriage also for pain control. The baby was gone. The tissue substance I passed was indeed my baby. The emotional pain and physical pain I went through and still am going through is  the toughest thing ever. But my doctors assured me that since I have birthed a healthy child  before that without a doubt my next pregnancy will be a healthy one. So She said after my first cycle I can start trying again! I was overjoyed to find out about my pregnancy but saddened beyond words to find out that it was gone so soon. Ladies these posts give me hope and I will try to follow up on my progress on trying to conceive. With all the love in my heart I hope the best for each and every one of you. God bless and good luck to you all.
I JUST miscarried on Monday at 8 weeks.  I had NO idea that I was pregnant!!  I have spent the last 22 years of doctors telling me that I could NEVER get pregnant! My husband was shocked to say the least, but not nearly as much as I was. We want to try again, but I am wondering if it was a "fluke" that I got pregnant in the first place!  I am really glad that I found a forum that I can talk to people about this.  We both want to have one, but have just been told over the years that I had a better chance of getting struck by lightning every day for a year.  Well I would love to find those doctors again and tell them, "Apparently, lightning never hits the same place twice!!" I really enjoy reading every one's opinions and experiences on here!
I am a 31 year woman also having the same problem of wanted to get pregnant i have try now for 2 years but still nothing i wonder what"s wrong i am dying to have my first baby
hello am Christine and am 40years old , when i was 25 i had lost one of my
fallopian tube and i have had 2 miscarriage before in the past and i keep
on trying but there was no luck on my side since then, at times me and my
husband will do it all day but steel no luck until i saw some testimonies
ONLINE by other women having semilar case and i decided to contact ODUMA OF
SPELL ODUMA TEMPLE and pour out my sorrow and pain ON MY MAIL I SENT
,ODUMA did do purification and told me the source of my problem that it was
work of dark witch craft that somebody put on me ( MY EX BOYFRIEND) that i
will never find joy in my marriage, to cut the story short ODUMA did cast
the cleanse spell to remove the dark magic and then immediately the very
next month i got pregnant and praise ODUMA and god i delivered safely baby
twins , if you passing through similar problem i urge you to contact
Prophet ODUMA on email ***@**** OR   call him
+237055176617 .