TTC after Miscarriages Community
June IUI or July?

MedHelp's TTC after Miscarriages community.

June IUI or July?

Ok, before you all run and hit June, here's my dilema . . .  Lots of you know that I was working with a preggers and she went on maternity leave.  I have been filling in for her position, which is highly stressful.  She finally told us that she did not plan on coming back to work and put in her 2 weeks notice.  Great, I get to do a job I hate even longer!  Well we are close to hiring a replacement, which the offer should go out tomorrow.  That would mean if the new girl gives 2 weeks notice at her current job, she would start here on June 8th.  We have someone from our Corporate office on a tentivtive schedule to come out that week for training.  Here is the the snafu . . . The week of June 8th would be when I would have the IUI done.  I'm not worried about missing the work for the appts.  I'm worried about the stress level.  It can't possibly be good to have a high level of stress during that time.

The plus side is that training means a closed office door and very little interuption from my co-workers.  The negative side is that I will have to amuse the new girl and the woman coming to do the training for the entire week.  All lunches, all dinners.  I am NOT a social butterfly by any stretch of the imagination and these things always cause me a great deal of stress.  It will be even worse because my boss/2nd mom is going to be on vacation that week, so responsibility for them, plus that job, plus my job, plus my bosses job will rest entirely on my shoulders.

If I wait untill July, the new girl will be up and running and I'll be back to doing MY job that I love.  My blood pressure should be back to a more reasonable level then and I can concentrate more on the IUI.
25%
 (2) 
June with Femera
12%
 (1) 
June with Injectibles
37%
 (3) 
July with Femera
25%
 (2) 
July with Injectibles
8 Members voted
I chose July with Femera but if you think you can get the money for the injectibles then I would go with the injectibles.
you dont need added stress when doing the IUI... its just one month so.. as hard as it might be... I would wait one more month until things have settled down as work.
I chose July with injectables...just go for it, if it is affordable.  I looked around online and found someone who had gotten pregnant and got 4 months worth for $80!  I had to drive about 2 hours to get them - but hey - if I would have bought them online it would have been close to $5000....so, worth the trip.

Do you know how many follies you produce with Femara?
So, I think the final decision I have made, for now, is to "take a break" in June and go for the Femera with IUI in July.
i agree with you bam...you know you best.....i chose june with femera
i am doing femara in june and injectables in july aw well..  i have never done either one before onlu clomid and trigger shot...  have u done femara before
I've done 4 cycles of Clomid and 1 of Femera.  I did the Clomid through my OB/GYN, but my RE only uses Femera.  None of those cycles were monitored with u/s, so I don't know how many follies I produced.  We decided not to go for the IUI this month.  I'm thinking next month, the IUI with Femera and if I don't have enough follies maybe we'll move on to injectibles later on in the year.

The femera has none of the side effects of Clomid - so GOOD LUCK!!