TTC after Miscarriages Community
When should I start taking progesterone suppositories?

MedHelp's TTC after Miscarriages community.

Hi all!
I've had 3 miscarriages very early on. My doctor recommends progesterone suppositories. My question is, should I start taking them after I ovulate or wait until I know I'm pregnant?
Thanks for the feedback!
Rulle
I just had IUI done on 5/16 and my dr had me take them that night.........
i had to take the pill not suppositories, but it wasnt until it was verified that i was pregnant. i would ask your doctor
good luck
shari
My dr asked me to take the supplement 2 days after ovulation. So you have to use an ovulation kit to help you pinpoint the time frame of your ovulation and start the treatment 2 days from there. Hope it works for you.

May I ask whether your dr found any particular reason why you m/c 3 times? I also have had multiple m/c, 5. I tried progesterone supplement for the last one, it did not help me.
So far no explanation as to why I've miscarried x 3. My HSG was normal, blood work normal, and chromosomal analysis of my husband and I were normal. I am 36 however.... How about you?

In terms of the progesterone I know there are different thoughts on the topic...my doctor said to take it when I determined I was pregnant...but to me that seems like two essential weeks missing out on the benefits of progesterone...but on the flip side, if I'm not pregnant will it affect my next cycle???

Very confusing stuff.
I am in the same boat with a few of you.  I've also had three m/c and started progesterone on the third one after I found out I was pregnant.  Unfortunatley it did not help and my prog. just kept going down until I miscarried.  My fert. doctor also told me to start taking it when I ovulate.  I'm trying it this month and am hoping it will help if I am pregnant.  It's very frustrating and I wish you luck!
To answer your questions:
I
after you ovulate is optimum... only problem with that is that it can delay the start of your period even if you aren't pg so it can sometimes get your hopes up...
Stacie30 is right, I have also read that progesterone can delay the start of your period if you're not pregnant, which could potentially give false hopes.  Another side effect I'm noticing .....it makes your boobs bigger.  Which in my case at least, is a good side effect!    ;o)
I have also had 3 early miscarriages and no reason can be found.  All my tests came back normal, including genetic testing of both my husband and I.  The advice the specialist gave me after all the testing was "there's nothing wrong with you, just keep trying."    I just got a faint positive test result yesterday so here we go for try #4.  I am using progesterone suppositories as well, and my doctor advised to start them as soon as you know you've ovulated.  Good luck to you, there are a few of us here who know how absolutely devastating it is to suffer multiple unexplained miscarriages.  Do you have any children?
Noticed your email thread.  I've been wondering the same thing myself and wondered what conclusion you came to.  I've had two miscarriages a chemical pregnancy and they can find no good reason for these (all tests normal). I am again wondering if I am pregnant, but I know a test wont tell me yet (am exhuasted, have nausea, and just feel like I am).  Seems there is no harm in taking the progesterone now, but tried it late last misscarriage and did have side effects like odd dreams.  I guess the real question is is there a medical reason to take it before you can test for pregnancy?

Reports like the following seem to suggest i would help right after ovulation:
About a day and a half before ovulation occurs, your estrogen levels will climax, causing the pituitary to release a surge of LH. Once the follicle releases the egg, the follicle itself shrinks and gathers fatty substances known as lipids. This then becomes the corpus luteum, which is responsible for the production of progesterone. As progesterone levels in your body increase, the endometrium begins to prepare itself for implantation by a fertilized egg.

My doctor says to take it when I know I am pregnant by testing but seems to me it could help sooner....  I may forever remain confused!
I too have had mutiple m/c (4 in 2 years)  My blood work came back normal as well as chromosome studies.  After my OB attended a seminar on homocystiene/MTHFR gene she had me tested.  I have the double mutation of the MTHFR gene which is causing my repeated m/c.  The treatment is high dose (5 mg) folic acid with B12 and B6 supplementation.  

Have your docs do a MTHFR test to see if this may be an issue for you all! I too have been prescribed progesterone suppositories to take as well.  I was told to take it from ovulation on.  Then stop if no pos HPT.

Hope this helps ladies!  I have found a light at the end of my dark tunnel.  We tried this month after a year after my last M/C and I have been taking the supplements for 4 months....so we will pray!!!
I have had 4 m/c and have went through 3 years of fertility testing and only last month did we find the problem!  I have severe luteal phase defect where the lining of my uterus showed I was on day 19 of my 30 day cycle when I was actually on day 28 of my cycle.  My doctor gave me clomid and 1000 mg of progesterone that I take twice daily.  I did not start taking the progesterone until 3 day after ovulation.  I would think if you need the progesterone to support the pregnancy you should take it before you get pregnant.  3 of my miscarriages were because I was hormone deficient and the lining of my uterus could not support a pregnancy.  I will find out tuesday if I am pregnant and I will have another biopsy wednesday to see if the progesterone is working.  The dr told us to try even though we don't know if the progesterone is working so I am kinda nervous about that.  

Well GOOD LUCK to you all.  We will all hopefully get our babies one way or another.
I had one live birth in 2001.  Then two years later had 2
mscarriages I uable to conceive because I stopped getting my period. My doctor put me on clomid and progesterone pills.  That was in May.  I am now 10 weeks pregnant and taking daily 50mg of proges. but only for six weeks and the doctor said my own hormones will kick in by then.  My worry is my hormones have been so messed up for the past 8 months will they really kick in or will I be setting my self up for a miscarriage if I stop after six weeks.  I will talk to my doctor at my next visit and see what happens.  I has been a long road to trying to get pregnant and stay pregnant so I am going to try everything in my power to have the baby to term.
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
I AM NOW 32 YEARS OLD.  I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL BOYS 11 & 5, BUT IT HAS BEEN A VERY HARD, FRUSTRATING, AND EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER THROUGHOUT.  I CONCEIVED MY FIRST SON 3 MONTHS AFTER I GOT MARRIED, NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, OTHER THAN THE NORMAL MORNING SICKNESS.  HE WAS BORN 9-7-96 AT 9 HEALTHY POUNDS.  WHEN HE WAS 4, WE TTC AGAIN, AND I HAD M/C AT 10 WEEKS.  THREE MONTHS LATER, I GOT PREGNANT AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN M/C AT 10 WEEKS.  DOCS DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANY TESTING, STATING IT WAS JUST A NORMAL PHASE IN LIFE.  WHATEVER,  I SAID.  I WORK AS A NURSE, SO I HAD SOME SENSE ABOUT THE SITUATION.  TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO GET HELP ELSEWHERE.  GENETIC TESTING BETWEEN US BOTH CAME BACK PERFECTLY NORMAL (SO WE THOUGHT).  ANYWAY, SAW A FERTILITY DOC, HE DID THE UTERINE BIOPSY, AND DX WITH LUTEAL PHASE DEFECT.  STARTED TAKING ORAL PROGESTERONE FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS, THEN ADDED CLOMID IN ON TOP OF THAT, GOT PREGNANT AGAIN, AND HAD ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL 8LB12OZ BOY.  ALL WENT WELL.  ONCE AGAIN, WHEN HE WAS 4, WE DECIDED TO LET NATURE TAKE IT'S COURSE, AND TRY AGAIN.  PREGNANT AGAIN.  DID NOT TAKE ORAL PROG. OR SUPP., JUST USED PROG CREAM.  THINGS PROGRESSED WELL, ASIDE FROM THE FACT I HAD A HUGE FIBROID TUMOR, AND THEN AT 18 WEEKS, HIS CORD TWISTED OFF DUE TO THE LACK OF WHARTON'S JELLY, AND HE PASSED AWAY.  IT WAS DEVASTATING TO MAKE IT THAT FAR, KNOWING THAT THIS WAS PROBABLY THE LAST TIME I WOULD EVER GET THE CHANCE TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY.  IT WAS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER ENDURED YET.  DEVASTATED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, BUT WE HAVE DEALT WITH THE SITUATION WELL.  OUR BOYS KEEP US STRONG.  WELL, BACK IN DEC., I HAD ANOTHER EARLY M/C AT 8 WEEKS.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, BUT I STILL WANT ANOTHER BABY SOO BAD.  SAW A PERINATOLOGIST, I HAVE THE MUTATION GENE (INCREASED RISK OF CLOTTING).  STRANGELY ENOUGH, I WAS BORN WITH THIS, BUT JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT IT.  I NOW TAKE A BABY ASA DAILY, AND IF I WERE TO BECOME PREGNANT AGAIN (YESTERDAY WAS POSITIVE OVULATION DAY, AND MY HUSBAND WAS COMPLIANT ) WE'LL SEE.  I HAVE PROGESTERONE SUPPOSITORIES IN THE FRIDGE TO USE AS WELL.  MY DOC SAID TO START THEM TWO DAYS AFTER POSITIVE OVULATION.  MY ONLY THING IS , NO ONE SPECIFIED ON HOW OFTEN, EITHER DAILY OR TWICE DAILY.  I'LL HAVE TO CALL MONDAY TO FIND OUT.  
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR ENDEAVOR.  STAY POSITIVE AND HAVE FAITH.

DDD123
Have you and your husband been tested for chromosonal abnormalities.  I have had two miscarriages and just got chromosome test back that stated that my husband had a reciprocal balanced translocation between chromosomes 11 and 22.  It is a very serious diagnosis if you are trying for children.  This problem causes miscarriages and we are being told that we have very significant chances of having a child with physical and/or mental abnormalities if, by chance, we actually carry a baby to full term.  This is devistating news but, if you have not been tested then you may want to get tested just to make sure.  Good Luck with everything...

Amy
i have had 3 miscarriges, 2 of those have been blighted ovums, i just found out im 2weeks pregnant, im so scared, i have 2 boys now, 2 and 8, i had the miscarriges all last year; my docter has put me on 100mg of progesterone suppositories twice a day, my levels are good right now. but with a blighted ovun, your hcg will double like its sappose too, the only thing i can do is wait for my 6week ultrasound to see if there's a heartbeat,  what are my odds that i will have another blighted ovum, please pray for me,     Love in Christ,     Krissy
Hello everyone, my name is Mariam, i am 22 years old, i have been married for 3 1/2 years and 2 months ago i had my fourth miscarriage..my miscarriages happen around week 6 or 7..my last one was at 5 weeks..i have been taking clomid pills, and pergonal injections and now my doctor says that after ovulation he will start me on progesterone supporiorities..i am pretty nervous. ive read many posts here and realized that for some woman progesterone does nothing...hope anyone can shed some light..thanks
I am 32 and have had one 'confirmed' m/c at 5 weeks, but I am sure I've had two other m/c (one week late HEAVY periods w/clotting and pain), but since I didn't test for pregnancy, it is not 'confirmed.' All tests (HCG, blood work, my husband's sperm) were normal. Progesterone was only slightly low. My OBGYN has ordered progesterone suppositories for me and told me to just start taking them. I will call her back to confirm this, but has anyone else just been told to take them randomly?
Is it that important to take them 'X' days following ovulation?  
Also, we use FAM to predict ovulation. Has anyone else used this method and compared it to the ovulation kits?  Which is more precise?

Thanks. It's reassuring to know that there are forums to turn to and to hear other people's stories.
-babylessinseattle
I was put on progesterone because of my repeat m/c (x3).  Because I live in a small community, the progesterone had to be ordered.  Therefor, I am on day 18 and wondering if I should start the progesterone or wait for a confirmed pregnancy.  

Thanx
My progeesterone level, at last take, was 7.9, my dr told me it needs to be at 15 to conceive.  She is telling me I need to take it  just so I CAN get pregnant.  My husband and I have been trying to get pg for 20 months. I am debating between progesterone creams, or the suppositories.  
I am now 5 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I am 29 years old and had two m/c.  My first was in Feb 05 due to a horrible divorce and not knowing I was pregnant, got back on b/c and lost it.  The second one was at 8 weeks w/ my DH... totally unexpected and after the D&C was tested for all sorts of test and tested positive for the heterozygous MTHFR C766T gene mutation.  I am on double folic acid, baby asprin and prenatals.  Once I conceived, 4 months after D&C, I was not getting good news.  My HCG levels were not doubling like they were supposed but my progesterone was good.  I was pretty much convinced I was losing it again.  I was going for last blood test to confirm what I thought I knew only to find out my HCG levels had doubled but now my progesterone was way down.(3.5)  My doctor started me on 200mg progesterone suppositories twice a day and i took my first one today.  I have a good feeling that this will help me. I go tomorrow for more lab work and we'll see what's going on.  I am sorry for all of your losses and I wish you all the best of luck in your future conceptions.  This is the craziest emotional roller coaster I have EVER been on but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that in 8 months...it will all be worth it.
Hi there. I am not sure what the progesterone suppositories are. But I  know exactly what the progesterone cream is. I know a lot of wonderful women who think it is the best thing ever! My aunt is one of them. She misscarried 4 times and her doctor actually told her she would never be able to carry a baby. She ordered some prgesterone cream from off the internet, Not sure if I can give out website names or not. And she used it through her whole pregnancy and she never misscarried again. Its also great for woman who are tring to get pregnant and just can't. I used it for about 2 weeks and we are now expecting our little boy to be here on sep 19th! Hope everything works out for you!
I'm still looking for information from anyone out there about when to start progerstone suppositories. My period was due today and I took a HPT and it was very clearly negative. Last month my doctor told me to just start taking the suppositories right after my period ended and now...no pg. I can't help but wonder if it was b/c we didn't time the progesterone correctly (it isn't for lack of ttc!).  Also, I was unable to 'read' my cervical fluid very well this last month-which is strange!  Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
i had 2 MC's and then testing. all testing on me and my fiance were normal.  doctor put me on prog supp and i was told i have to test with an ovulation test everyday and when i get a positive LH surge, to start using the supps 3 days later 2x's daily until i either get my period and stop or get a BFP and then call him and keep using them.  i have been testing since thursday and still no sign of LH surge.
Thanks so much for your response!  I am disappointed with my doctor, as everything I read points to what you described.
Best of luck to you!
I have yet another question....   Once I stopped taking my suppositories, I started what I thought was my period.   However it is unlike any period I've ever had. Some more clotting than usual and really really dark red. Has anyone experienced an usual period after stopping progesterone?

Thanks! Going to the doc tomorrow and will see what is up
It is very sad that all of us have been experiencing the sad thing of not be able to have a baby. I myself include. We need to do something about it. All the doctors they do not care. We all suffer month a month the disapointed of not be pregnant. I had two miscarriages and in all my test came back normal. How is that possible? Normal i thing is something wrong,but doctors just do not care, they do not want to think.
Progesterone, clomid, bbt charts, nothing. I am so sad that every month I cried alone in the bathroom after i found that i am not pregnant again.I am 35 and since 33 I have been tried
I appeciate your comment on progestrone suppositories... I want more infomation on this!
My doctor had advised me to be on progesterone suppositories right after I've ovulated.   I'm on progesterone suppositories for the next two weeks - 200 mg twice a day.  I ovulated yesterday and have started to take the suppositories the day after.  I'm scheduled to see my doc for a preg test after two weeks and see if it works.  

Hope this helps and good luck.
After repeated miscarriages, I was put on progesterone suppositories.  I was told to begin them right after ovulation.  It is very important to use an ovulation predictor, because if you take the progesterone too soon - you will not ovulate.  The suppositories did work for me, however it just prolonged the bad news that my pregnancies weren't going to term anyway.  So the suppositories will keep the baby inside you - whether it is a viable pregnancy or not.  But yes, begin the suppositories two days after you get a positive on your ovulation predictor (this gives you time to actually ovulate).  Good luck to you all.  And to me.
Hi everyone!  I am 30 years old and I too have had repeated miscarriages (3 of them).  I had two back in 2000 with my ex-husband (carried both to 15 weeks) and one in 2008 with my new husband (carried only to 7 weeks).  My husband and I decided to see a fertility specialists because I was on my third "unexplained" miscarriage.  The fertility doctor found nothing wrong with me nor my husband, he gave us a clean bill of health and could not give us an answer as why I continue to miscarry.  I am now on pregnancy no. 4.  I am currently 5 weeks 5 days pregnant.  After explaining my complete history to my new doctor just this week, she sent me for a long list of bloodwork.  Everything came back normal except my progesterone levels.  I was at 13.7 when I should be above 20.  She just started me on 200 mg of progesterone suppositories to take at bedtime.  I am wondering if it is too late for me to start taking the progesterone and will it kick in in time and save this pregnancy or am I just being hopeful??  After three miscarriages you know your body well enough to realize when things are going wrong...and I just have that feeling.  

Keep your chin up ladies!!  Eventually, one day, all of us will have those beautiful bundles of joy in our arms.  

Just to add to some of the comments that have been made, based on what I have been told by my fertility doctor, the "appropriate" level of progesterone is necessary for the implantation of fertilized egg to take place. The suppositories should be taken just after ovulation (and insemination) and the dose is determined by your doctor. I take them 3 times per day as prescribed. I'm not pregnant yet (just started on them) and I was told that I likely would be using them for the first 12 weeks once I get pregnant to prevent miscarriages.

Hope this helps....and good luck to you!
Hi there all, i just miscarried 2 months ago and previous last year, i had all tests but came normal. Now im scared to get pregnant again. What should i do or medications to take. can some one help im very sad.
hi,

i used progesterone suppositories, 200mg twice daily in my 3 successful pregnancies as advised by my consultant, (previously lost 3 babies, 1 to anencephaly and 2 miscarriages) i was told to start using from the day i got my positive pregnancy test until  end of 1st trimester.
Hi.

If you're doing prescription progesterone supplementation, you need to start 3 days after you get a positive ovulation reading. Getting a positive reading does not mean you are going to immediately ovulate; it means you should ovulate in the next 24-48 hours. Waiting 3 days from the positive reading assures that you will ovulate. If you take the supplement before then, it could interfere with ovulation. That's the reason for waiting a few days.

You continue the supplementation until enough time has passed to take a pregnancy test. If you get a positive, you continue taking the progesterone. If you get a negative and are sure you're not pregnant (OTC pregnancy tests are not as accurate/sensitive as blood tests), you discontinue the progesterone so that you can get your period and begin the whole cycle over again.

I hope that helps. :)
I can only tell you from my experience with using progesterone supps. I just recently underwent an IVF procedure. Timing is everything....so the progesterone was started a day after the eggs were retrieved, which meant that was three days before the transfer of embryos. So, if one was planning to become pregnant they could start taking the progesterone supps weeks before they have determined if they are pregnant.

Hope this is helpful...

carrie
Hi , my name is Tina , I am 29 and on my second IVF try, I had my transfer just 72 hrs ago and was given progesterone suppositories to use. I  I have used too many (2) in one go. what do I do ? Is something going to happen ?
I took some with 2nd preg,cos mine was apparently very low,I still miscarried,next time,I took again,this time it stayed in,but died inside,kept on feeling pregnant,but blighted ovum. They can create false pregnancy signs.good luck,I'm still trying for #2! Don't give up yet!
I have read somewhere if you take it prior to becoming pregnant it is like taking bcp(mini pill) ..I believe it works differently for those who use procedures. But all naturally I don't think you use it prior to becoming pregnant..but a couple of days past ovulation. I have also lost 2 pregnanys and think this is a possible cause.
I have had 2 miscarriages and after the second miscarriage was sent to see a reproduction specialist. Like many of you he ran a battery of tests and everything came back normal. We are now trying again on our own but one thing that we plan on doing differently this time around is following some of the advice the doctor had given us.

I was told to take one baby asprin 81mg daily as well as prenatal vitamins (powder that you mix with water since it gets in the blood stream quicker). In addition, he placed me on progesterone suppositories and told me to start it 2 days after ovulation.

This is the first month we are trying on our own (after seeing the doctor for a few months) and truly hoping that we are pregnant now. Good luck to everyone...I understand the pain, frustration, disappointment, and anger that many of you maybe feeling. Hopefully this will be all of our years!
I have been reading through all these posts and am still confused? I have had 3 miscarriages and did a bunch of tests and am sooo frustrated bc everything comes back 'normal'. My ob is a dr. who doesn't believe in using progesterone, but I want to!! Can I ask my family dr. for it? Is it a prescription? Do I take it before pregnancy?
yes you can get your family dr to prescribe and you might have to send off for it ( i did). I actually went to a naturopath who recommeded it and wrote down what i needed to get from doctors. I have had 3 m/c and want to try the prog cream to see if it makes a difference. I have actually today had a faint BFP and will contact my obst on Fri (if i get a darker line) but i would like to go onto the supositories as i think they are stronger. I am trying not to get too carried away and excited as have had my heart broken 3 times . I really think the prog is worth a try ! Hope this helps and good luck.
I too have had multiple m/c. Just found out monday i am 3wk preg. Called the Dr. right away and got blood work done. My prog is low, and was having a low ache in my abdomen. They put mr on 100mg prog three times a day and so far so good. no pain or bleeding! I'm very hopefull! All 4 of my m/c I started bleeding right off before i new I was pregnant. The longest I went was about 7 weeks. And I had a full period with that one, and didn't know till i sarted losing it that i was preg. will be four weeks tomorrow!
Hello everyone. I am 28 years old, have been ttc for about 7 years. When I was married I didn't use any form of birth control and I NEVER got pregnant. I have been on clomid, done the bbt charting, and ovulation tests. Come to find out, my progesterone levels are extremely low. After I ovulate it came back at a measly 4. Dr. said I definitely can not get pregnant with those levels. So...now I am in a new town with a new life (I am divorced) and my boyfriend and I are ttc. I know I need to be on progesterone supplements in order for me to even become pregnant. So I am considering buying some from a health place. Oh...and just to let you all know....bbt charting is the best way to know when you have ovulated. The dr. explained to me that opk's may give false hopes regarding ovulation. Your levels might be right on the cusp of starting ovulation....and it can never happen. Thats what was happening to me. So I wouldnt start the progesterone cream until you have a confirmed rise in temp for at least three days. Good luck everyone..praying for you all.
I have had 3 miscarriages, with all of my pregnancy's ending at the same time each time.  I have gone through all of the testing and the only thing that came back was when I had a pap test done.  My gyno found a rare infection called Ureaplasma Urealyticum.  It is a cause for recurrent miscarriages.   I am on antibiotics for 4 x day for 10 days, and then 2 x day during when we are trying to conceive and then throughout the whole first trimester.  It is a wait and see game right now, but something to think about if you are consistently miscarrying.  Make sure your doctor tests for it! Hope this helps!
i know this thread i really old but how did ur pregnancys goes? what happened? jst had secod miscarriage and wan to do everyhing i can to prevent a third
thankyou x
I work in pharmacy.  From all I see is main problem is that many weman  don't keep proper diet, so dear mothers to be your next step to make an appointment with dietition! Wish u luck! ( if you eat whatever u see in take out. , it kills your health potential to concive)
I'm new at this im 23 years old but but I have had infertility problems from day one the put me on clomid last spring got pregnant had a formal ectopic pregnancy so therefore had to wait til Dec to try again found out my right tube is blocked so I had to wait til I ovulated on the left to try n found out sat I was been taking clomid then had to give my self a shot overdril had III done Mon now starting these progesterone surpository so we wait to find out if this works n I'm pregnant April 3 hope all goes well
I c it's an old thread but I two had multiple MC's. Dr did a biopsy and found the problem after my second MC. I do not produce enough hormone to help the baby live. After using the suppositories as soon as I find out twice per day throughout my first trimester. Since my dr has found the problem , I am now on baby number three. Nine weeks prego and using the suppositories until my 12 weeks are up. I hope this help.
I would suggest the suppositories or an oral capsule. I was on cream but always had a hard time getting the correct dosage.
Hi all,
I also had 3 miscarriages. First in week 11,5, second in week 6, third in week 4. After the second one, I went through a comprehensive blood test and it was found that I had Thrombophilia, i.e. blood clotting disorder. Because of extensive blood clotting, blood cannot properly flow in the body and the embryo cannot get enough nutrients, so my body aborts the pregnancy. Since the second m/c I take progesterone 1 day after ovulation and stop if I don't get BFP two weeks later. I also take one baby aspirin every day to thin the blood. However, it took me about 10 months to conceive again after the second m/c, and unfortunately the third one was also a m/c. It may be because as soon as I got BFP I had to start Lovenox (blood thinner), but the pharmacy didn't have it, and I had to wait 3 days for it. By that time, m/c had started. So now I'm hoping that the next one will be better as I already have enough supplies of Lovenox. I also started fertility acupuncture, my acupuncturist took me off progesterone because it may have messed up my cycles. I will only take progesterone 7dpo or will have a blood test to see if I need progesterone. Good luck to everyone and lots of baby dust!