TTC after Miscarriages Community
metallic taste in mouth??????
About This Community:

MedHelp's TTC after Miscarriages community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metallic taste in mouth??????

so ive been trying to remember if I got a metallic taste in my mouth last time I was pregnant and im sure that I did.... I started getting a metallic taste in my mouth yesterday and gets worse after eating something sweat.... maybe this cycle will be my BFP!!!!

anyone else remember having metallic taste before getting a BFP??? I know that it is a sign of increased estrogen or something.
Related Discussions
17 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That's so exciting!!  I really hope it means your BFP!
Blank
637951_tn?1257273944
I don't think I ever did, but I've heard of this quite often!! I really hope it's your month :)
Blank
yay  praying its a BFP...  :0)  for me i got that with all my pregnancies except one.. i got it alot with my dd in the beginning weeks and then this pg i got it a few times but not much.. praying for you.
Blank
nunu - when are you going to test ?!?!
Blank
I have had a metallic taste in my mouth this entire pg so far (14wks today).  My first sign of pg is heightened sense of smell, but the metallic taste follow shortly after.  Maybe you are BFP!  Are you testing soon?
Blank
628735_tn?1273879377
Bam- not sure when ill start testing... i want to right now but I know its too early!

im so sure i got that taste with the first pregnancy. and DH's breath was bad in the begining of the pregnancy as well..lol poor DH.. I tihnk it was just my over sensitive sense of smell though... it was bad yesterday but i think it was just coincidence.
Blank
What DPO are you?
Blank
663562_tn?1291135483
I really hope this is it for you nunu :)  When I was preg. with DD it was like I was sucking on a penny...yuck!
Blank
628735_tn?1273879377
Bam- im CD 27 and only 6-7DPO. I got a +OPK CD19 and 20. I tihnk I got it on the up and the down of the surge.  im so sure that was the first thing I noticed last time, even before the smell. im not grossing out about broccoli yet... but I think that took a few weeks last time.

can the metallic taste start as soon as an egg is fertilized though?

the metallic taste comes and goes through the day and seems to be worse later in the day and after eating something sweet. Ive started to have really vivid dreams that I remember in the morning. DH seems to think that this happened when I was pregnant before, but I cant remember. he said he wants to think that im pregnant but is too scared to have the disappointed if I'm not.
Blank
628735_tn?1273879377
for those that do get the metallic taste, do you get a lot of saliva as well?
Blank
640548_tn?1340556955
I think the increase in saliva is from the estrogen too, not positive.  I always have very vivid dreams during pregnancy.  I've been having very vivid sexual dreams with this one.  I've never had an orgasm in my sleep, but twice now I've woken up having one.  Who needs DH?? (I know TMI, but since we always have an inappropriate topic, that's my 2 cents for this round)
On topic though, I'm pretty sure I ovulated on day 20, and I had a positive test day 28, so it's possible for you to show some early symptoms.  Depends how early you implant.  Good luck!!
Blank
552389_tn?1280549808
I really hope this is your month.  I was thinking earlier that I've known you ladies for a year, and I was remembering how different my life was a year ago.  I was struggling to know whether i was going to be able to keep the pregnancy, and in early August we found out that we had miscarried.  Now i have a sweet little boy and am looking forward to hearing my friends in cyberspace share their newborn stories.  I am praying for good news soon!!!
Blank
628735_tn?1273879377
Aileen.. that is so funny about the sexual dreams!!!!! I have to say I might have had an orgasm once in my sleep, but not latley.... either that of I was dreaming it...lol. I can tell you that ive been getting pissed with girls flirting with DH and DH not having pants on in front of them... in my dreams that is

Blank
628735_tn?1273879377
mapes, I cant believe that its been a year... if i knew it was going to take this long to get preggers again i think i wouldn't have stressed until I knew the year was up...lol.
Blank
773214_tn?1295138669
omg Aileen...I had one of those dreams last week!  It was like last Monday or Tuesday!  I was actually telling nunu about that in a note but I didn't say what it was about...but almost exactly like what you were saying...LOL!  :)  Maybe nunu and I are both going to get our BFPS?  I sure hope so........
Blank
How exciting if we end this dry spell with TWO BFP'S!!  I routing for both of you.
Blank
628735_tn?1273879377
DMarie-  you were too embarrassed to tell me about your dream... lol.  so who else is going to fess up to having wet dreams???? ;-)

im so scared to even say that I tihnk im pregnant... when i say that it seems even more of a let down when AF arrives. the metallic taste still comes and goes. it was strong earlier today but now its eased off... but i constantly have more saliva than normal. its really weird. im hopping the sharp pains i was having today are implantation pains. i wish i wrote all my symptoms last time so i can compare as to when things happened.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
TTC after Miscarriages Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...