Teen Depression Community
...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

...

Hi I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm really depressed. I don't know why but I do know that I have lost all interest in my life.I am constantly unhappy,and always see the negative side of everything. I haven't spoken to anybody about this because I'm scared of what they might think or say. I have always found it difficult to speak to people about my problems. Any advice would be much appreciated!
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way.  

The teenage years can be tough, and it’s perfectly normal to feel sad or irritable every now and then. But if these feelings don’t go away or become so intense that you can’t handle them, you are most likely suffering from depression. The good news is that you don’t have to feel this way. Help is available and you have more power than you think. There are many things you can do to help yourself or a friend start feeling better.
Making healthy lifestyle choices can do wonders for your mood. Things like diet and exercise have been shown to help depression. Ever heard of a "runners high"? You actually get a rush of endorphins from exercising, which makes you feel instantly happier. Physical activity can be as effective as medications or therapy for depression, so get involved in sports, ride your bike or run. Any activity helps! Even a short walk can be beneficial.

As for food, it’s true that you are what you eat. An improper diet can make you feel sluggish and tired, which worsens depression symptoms. Your body needs vitamins and minerals such as iron and the B-vitamins. Make sure you’re feeding your mind with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Talk to your parents about making sure you are eating enough nutritious food.  

Give it time and try hard to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.  Even avoid negative people and situations.  Take time to do things you enjoy.  

I wish you all the best!! :)
thank you so much, this has helped me a lot!
You are so welcome!

Take care of yourself!! :)
mishymoshymarcy I wish I could just plug my... Comment
Aug 28
Healthtips commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 28
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25