Teen Depression Community
13 and with depression?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

13 and with depression?

I am 13 and am pretty sure I am depressed. I have been feeling down for a few months now. I am always tired and never want to do my homework. I have gotten really close to hurting myself a few times now and am really scared of what I might do to myself. I cry all the time and once I broke down in the bathroom and almost threw up. I have gotten so close to cutting that I have held a knife to my skin, and I constantly put myself down. I tell myself i'm ugly and that no one will ever love me. I am made fun of by friends sometimes. They call me a loser and that I am fat even though I am only 100lb. They say they are only joking around but it really hurts. I have tried to talk to them about how I dont like when they call me names but they say they are only playing and that I am such a wimp. I dont know what to do. I can't talk to my parents about this, they think I am the "perfect child" or somthing. They would just say it's Hormones and that it's natural and just think happy thoughts. But I know it's more than that. And as you can see, my "friends" are not an option. I took an online depression test and it said that I am depressed. I am just really scared and don't know where to go. Please help me.
your 13 and you have depression have you gone to your doctor with your mother and did your doctor told you . you have depression if so I can help you.
Bless you this is very cruel for a girl of your age, already such a confusing time for you. Trust me your hormones will be having some effect on your moods but what you describe is not "normal".
Lots of girls are very bitchy at your age, I guess they are feeling the same about their moods and bodies and are using you to make them selves feel better, I was picked on at school for being tall and wearing glasses but now at 30 I see old school friends who were really pretty and popular that now are small, dumpy and downtrodden, nobody is perfect and they will learn that when someone finds fault with them too..
As for your parents I can relate totally, I was a high achiever and my parents expected me to be a doctor or something, they expected far too much and I never felt I could talk to them.
I would suggest talking to your Mum firstly, but I understand that you probably wouldn't do this, as maybe you think Mum wouldn't care or have the time or not believe you.
Have you got an older family member that you can talk to?
I really feel that you need to see a doctor, but this would be hard for you, although they can't tell your parents unless you want to.
I think your parents would be devestated that you are feeling this way and they don't know but I know how hard it is, you don't want to worry them, or its hard to explain.
Is there a teacher or a person at your school that you could talk to?
I am worried that you are dealing with this on your own hun, I have 2 13 yr old sons and I would be upset if they couldn't talk to me, or were cutting themselves.
Have you got an older relative that you trust who could take you to the doctors, if the doctor says you do have depression then they would be able to sit down with your parents and explain..
You can't do this on your own, adults can't cope alone with this so you certainly can't!
GOOD LUCK and HUGS!!!!!
annieabc1 how are you doing today let me know if you want to talk

Barbara
hey my name is anna i am 14 and am going thru the same thing you are and i have had depression ever since my mom died 5 years ago and its hard to deal with if you need to talk message me
I am in the same place u r right now an it worse cuz my parents found out I'm
Not the perfect angle they thought I was but i cant go to them with out them telling me they going to send to an asylum and its hard when I have to cry myself to sleep but you know if you ever wana talk Im happy to try to help your or maybe we can hit through this together
Okay first off i need to say please do not start cutting...i went down that road an trust me u do not wanna go there with the hiding the cuts and it is so hard to stop....Also if your friends keep putting you down and they say its a joke even when you tell them it hurts you...they aren't real friends if they treat you like that...and I think you really need to talk to your parents about this b4 you get worse...I wish you. The best of luck
you sound just like me at your age, but im still like that. im depressed,i cut myself (its hard to stop), and im afraid to tell my mom. but i dont want you to be like me and still be hopeless when your my age. go tell your mom your not felling like a verry happy person andd how you feel, tell her that you think about cutting yourself and your afraid that your ganna do it. if it dosent work then tell someone els, some other adult that you trust. but if you dont do something about it now, its ganna stick with you, your ganna be sad all the time and your ganna think about suicide. hope i  ould be a help to you, good luck.
I'm almost 13 and feeling the same way, I have two close "friends" and they also like to "joke" around and their so popular and have these mean friends that always make fun of me I have 4 other siblings and my little sisters never get anything when I try to talk to them (10and8) but i can't talk to my very mean (leave it at that) dad or my mom who doesn't seem like she cares and I have a few friends and many hatred and ALOT of bullies at school to the point where I don't even want to go to school. So message me sometime?:(?!?
woah, my situation is so similar to yours. when i was almost fourteen (i am fifteen now), i started to notice feeling down all the time, constantly wanting to die, feeling tired constantly, and being distracted all the time, and concluded that i am depressed. My friends started out just joking around by saying that i am a loser and nobody likes me, but i didnt care so much until they kept saying it more and more. One night my best friend listed people from my school that "hate" me, and i almost killed myself that day. I started cutting too, but i havent in a few months. Also, i cannot tell my parents as well because they think of me as perfect, when i am far from it. So, hang in there, you are not alone. (:
Well im sorry i cant give you any advice, because i am going through around about the same thing as you. I dont know how to tell my mum or family....
Thats why i am scared to get help. But i just wanted to say that i hope you find a way to get help soon. GOOD LUCK!!
I'm going though the same thing my parents won't listen to me I broke down crying in front of my mom tonight and told her I think there's something wrong with me, but she said "hormones is all it is" and stuff like that. Then my dad basically lectured me on how I was overreacting (he implied) and I seriously feel like I have a problem. They say,"oh you have soo many people that care about you." I'm wondering if people sincerely do. I'm really scared. I want help. And no, I don't have a school counselor or teacher I can talk to.
I suggest you tell someone else close to you. Sit them down and tell them how you feel. Its probably the only way. Please get help before it gets worse. Trust me i have been there. I kept it from my mum ling enough and they found out the hard way, which cause me so much pain. It was almost unbearable! I hope you feel better soon. GOOD LUCKZ!
i know what you mean I'm almost 13 and I only realized i had depression a couple of days ago when i was tempted to through myself off the top of a building, i cant really give you advice because I'm going through the same thing but if i had the guts to i would tell my parents how depressed i am. that's the best advice i can give to you i hope you find help soon .GOOD LUCK!!!!
Also i would suggest once again re-thinking your decision to not tell your parents. You may feel worse at first, but it's the best thing for the future. Trust me. Don't mis-judge your parents reaction. They should support you and help you in the best way they can. Don't keep it to yourself. Please, all that does it make it worse. Also, don't worry too much because remember there is no such thing as a "perfect child". As long as you are doing your best in whatever it may be, then thats all that really matters. GOOD LUCK!
hi me0909
i'm not sure what is going on with me but i think its the same as you. My friends started to 'joke' about me about a year ago, a year after i started my school. They always said that everyone hated me and that i was never going to get a boyfriend and used to say that they werent my friends. Gradually i got more upset by this and started falling out with them and then about a month ago one of them said everything that i had been thinking about myself (that i was stupid, a bad friend, always causing fights) in an arguement, and it confirmed to me that it all was true, as well as the other stuff (i'm ugly, etc.). I started cutting myself (not badly, i didnt have a knife), not eating and crying every day. (i then stopped this as my 'friend' insisted she was sorry.) Now i find myself wishing i would die in my sleep every night. I looked up my symptoms online and was diagnosed with depression. I cant tell anyone as some of my family have killed themselves and my mum has depression so i dont think they would take me seriously. im scared. what should i do????
I know exactly how you feel. I too am 13 and feel exactly the same as you. I think I might have bipolar or depression, but the thing is I really, Really don't want to.
The thing is that I feel really ****** about my life and myself. But then I start to think about people with real problems—those who've been physically hurt or lost someone, stuff like that—and I hate myself for feeling like that about myself when others are worse off  and start to think that I'm just being self obsessed.
This probably doesn't make a lot of sense but it a the only way i know how to describe it, so … yeah.
Well what I came up with is that the only way to get past it without telling anyone is to think about all the good stuff that's happened—the fact that I'm smart, and never been abused or anything—and to try my hardest to be happy.
As well on Instagram and Facebook and other games I found some people who feel like me and understand, and though I don't know them, it feels really good to talk to someone who won't judge me or psychoanalyse (I think that's the right word) me. If you have kik or anything and want to talk just ask, and … well if you don't want to talk to me just find someone who you know won't judge you and who you can talk to.
Trust me random people can understand you a lot better than your parents at times. And it does feel good to get it off your chest.
Hi I know how you feel me and my friends keep fighting and it's all my fault cos I keep going away to cry they get upset when I leave
Im in the same situation. Im 13 too and I scraped myself 4 times with a pair of scissors. I cant tell my parents because they will laugh and say "dont be so daft." I have thoughts that the world would be a better place without me. I lost both my grandparents in a short space of time. I had a fight with my friend and I dont think any of them like me. They always walk away and say they need to share a secret but I know its about me. Im always breaking down in the bathroom but no one knows. The only reason I wake up every morning is to see my dog, without him I would be nothing. We will fight this, no matter how long it takes.
defygravity21756 commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
Sep 24
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
Sep 21
daniarcade commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Sep 20