Teen Depression Community
AM I A TERRIBLE PERSON? BE HONEST......PLEASE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Hello. Well i am not completely sure if this has anything to do with Depression, however i have noticed that my feelings towards my family are not as they should be. I dont know why, It feels as if i may be searching for a new family. I dont really want to be around them much and i dont ever open up to them. They do give me lectures and yell and scream alot and they seem to be bringing lots of my anger and anxiety. They dont mean to, infact things have improved, but i dont know why i feel worse about them. i daydream about others being my family instead, e.g my teachers or celebrities on TV. Or evensomeone else's parents. I KNOW I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON! I feel so bad about it, but i cant help feeling this way. I dont want to discuss any of my problems with them because it makes me feel really uncomfortable. So i try to avoid them and close myself up in my room. I dont know what is wrong with me.....why am i not happy or comfortable with my family, while they love me to pieces??!
P.S. This is the same as the previous post because i DESPERATELY need some advice....and no one answered me......   :( :(
your not a terrible person… it sounds like your a teenager (much like the way I was). I would be happy to share what I know about this…
These feelings are not unusual during puberty… Just to state the facts… during puberty, girls go through huge changes. Not just becoming fertile, but also all the hormones that go with it. Until hormones balance out, they impact feelings, thoughts, and emotions. Do you ever find yourself sad for no good reason???  we are actually controlled by the chemicals, hormones, etc. in our brain & body. So its not weird that you have these feelings with no rational reasoning…
The grass is always greener on the other side… and even more inviting when you know you cant get there.
I always hated hearing this when i was young, but for what it's worth… this is  due to your age and will pass.
The fact that you are questioning this and trying to make sense of it makes it pretty obvious that you are a smart, reasonable, rational person…  There is no rationality or reasoning behind hormones or feelings… only as an explanation- perhaps it helps to try to keep things in perspective and wait it out…
Very few teens (especially young teens) have open communication with their parents… The norm is that pubescent teens frequently feel misunderstood, unhappy, lonely, disconnected from the family, emotional highs and lows, etc… they often feel like nobody understands them… that their problems/ feeling/ issues are unique to the extent that nobody can relate or empathize (especially parents). The easily become frustrated, overwhelmed & discouraged… They just want everyone to leave them alone (as they to break away)…
This is the worst through puberty and gets better with age.
You are definitely not a terrible person- this is not unusual (assuming your a younger teen).
Hang in there…
Hope this was helpful
message me if want… I went through the same thing…
:)
you are not a horrible person PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED TO TALK PLEASE
THANKS
Hang in there…
Hope this was helpful
:)
I will definately messga eyou if I need to. Thanks very much :)
I never thought it  was normal. I always thought that it was too extreme to be JUST the fact that i am going through puberty. And yes i am a young teen, a very young teen indeed. I am 13. And i guess then this explains why i have collapsed emotionally this year, and why i have been on a constant rollercoaster ride, most of the time feeling like i was going to lose control. Yes i have been sad for no REAL reason. I used some problems i have been having as an excuse to be upset, but i guess it is just puberty. Or maybe i may be exaggerating.......i dont know anymore......I didn't think puberty would be this confusing and hard......
I was the exact same way when i was a teenager and even now i still wish for a new family but i can tolerate them now that im older.
That is what I fear of, it never going away....I am not meaning to be cruel or mean when saying that, but to me, i feel terrible about myself that i can't love them as much as they love me. I used to think it was just my mum, but its my whole family. I hope it goes away with age....
Nobody warns you or prepares you of all the confusion & emotions that happen during puberty… at least your smart/mature enough to see it for what it is. When my parents told me that my feelings were associated with my age I couldnt accept that… to me there was no way that anyone (especially my parents) knew what I was going through or how I felt… they just didnt get it…
Perhaps if i had heard it from someone els it would have been more effective.
As it turns out, they were right…
You can wait this one out… ;)
Yes. Thank you very much for all your help. :)
madie731 everything is bad... Comment
mishymoshymarcy "Emotions are only a tempor... Comment
Just call me Little Miss Not-So-Upl...
Aug 18 by zoefletcher