Teen Depression Community
Am I depressed?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Am I depressed?

I'm sixteen years old
I don't have many friends because I'm really introverted and have a hard time making friends and a lot of people just don't want to be friends with me I guess.
I am really stressed out with school and stuff because I'm a junior and it's like this year is the most important year.
I want to cry all the time.
I have trouble sleeping; I wake up a lot throughout the night and have nightmares frequently.
I don't want to kill myself, I don't harm myself, and I don't have any destructive tendencies.
I'm just really lonely, sad, angry, stressed out, overwhelmed, and I don't know what to do.
I don't feel like I can talk to my mom because she wouldn't understand and I don't even know what I would say to her. I'm also really afraid that nothing's wrong with me and I'm just being over dramatic.
Does it sound like I'm depressed? What should I do?