Teen Depression Community
Am I depressed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Am I depressed?

I used to paint, read, hang out with friends and enjoy life all the time. I have had a decently tough life being kicked out at 14, moving in with my sister until i fell in love and moved out on my own. i'm still only 18 but i am engaged and living with my fiance and a roommate. he isn't the problem but i figured i'd give some backgroud.. but as time went on i stopped painting, reading, hanging out with friends and enjoying myself altogether. i have no idea what i want to do with my life, i am going to school but i have no idea for what. i quit my job to be lazy and just go to school. all i ever do day after day is sit in bed and watch stupid shows i dont care about. i want to change but i lack the motivation. i feel like i may only want to change because i almost feel obligated to...not because i want to. i have no desire to see my friends, to paint, to even have fun. i doubt i would have fun doing anything i used to do, after awhile "fun" became a chore. i hate being around most people. i'm not suicidal or anything but i hate my life for the most part. the only good thing about it is my fiance who is the only one who can make me smile and my dog for being just as lazy as i am. i dont know whats wrong with me. i doubt anyone on here can help me but i have to try SOMETHING...anything. so if anyone can tell me whether or not i'm depressed or just plain...lifeless. i'd appreciate it.
It's depression you need to get up out of bed around noon everyday or whenever you don't have school warm up some tea or hot chocolate or some hot coco and go outside and walk for 2 hours try doing stuff that makes u happy dont just sit in bed all day it could just lea to anxiety and or heart problems fro being stressed all the time .. So do those things and lmk if it helps DO SOMETHING THAT'S MAKES YOU HAPPY before this ruins your life your 18 and still have a lot ahead of you just stay focused on the good stuff
It sounds like depression. Wich would make sence since your parents kicked you out at 14 and being 18 with a fience is a lot of responsibility. Also the fact that your still a teenager leads me to believe even more that its depression because it tends to show up when were teenagers more then when were adults.
Since it sound like you might be depressed. You should consider talking to a therapist or a psychologist.
Good luck, I hope things get better for you.  
mishymoshymarcy God please dont let me lose... Comment
JD1963 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
nursegirl6572 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...